Withdrawing Night before interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SaintJude

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel really bad, but need withdraw from an interview that's tomorrow.

Should I still go? I think it would be worse to waste everyone's time (and keep someone potentially waitlisted) and then withdraw subsequently.

:( What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

I did it once. You don't feel bad for long.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel really bad, but need withdraw from an interview that's tomorrow.

Should I still go? I think it would be worse to waste everyone's time (and keep someone potentially waitlisted) and then withdraw subsequently.

:( What should I do?

Since you're asking if you should still go, that suggests that you're already near this SOM. What is your reason for not wanting to go?

I don't know how going will keep someone from being waitlisted. They're not going to interview someone else in that spot, and if you go and still not like the school, you can withdraw in a day or two.

There may be people that live close that could be called up to fill the interview spot at the last minute.

Usually it is best to give more notice than the night before. But I don't know your circumstances. So I will not pass judgement on your decision to not attend the interview.

Is it something that depends on a full complement of interviewees? Like an MMI interview, or is it more of a traditional interview? If it is an MMI, it gives a hole in the schedule that is difficult to fill. A more traditional,interview would be easier to miss you, but you will be wasting the time of any person that shows up to interview you. Interviews are a huge investment of time for those involved.

I hope everything is well for you, and you are considering this for good reasons (selected at #1 choice school), not bad ones (problems for yourself or family).

dsoz

Nah, it's a 1 on 1 interview...but I think I actually may have missed it. OH **** NO. I deserve a huge :slap:

Wow, I think it's cause I had changed the date & forgot I did. WOOOW.

Anyway, I have already sent my withdrawal. This is gonna be mad awkward.