Withdrawing post secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

DRIN

After doing some more research on a school, I have decided that I made a mistake in applying and would definitely not attend in the event I am accepted. Personally, I don't think it's fair to others to keep my application in this particular school's stack of files already knowing that I don't want to go there. Should I just send a formal letter stating my intentions or is there a more professional way of doing this? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

After doing some more research on a school, I have decided that I made a mistake in applying and would definitely not attend in the event I am accepted. Personally, I don't think it's fair to others to keep my application in this particular school's stack of files already knowing that I don't want to go there. Should I just send a formal letter stating my intentions or is there a more professional way of doing this? Thanks!

If it were me, and I had no intention of pursuing the school, and I felt like withdrawing after the secondary, I would just send them an email. Honestly though, unless you've been invited for an interview there probably is no real need to even contact them. However, I respect your intentions in wanting to make room for other potential students, but I would still just email them.

Good luck! :)

Very noble of you. I wish more people were like this. Instead we have 30+ MCATS applying to DO schools who wouldn't dream of ever attending.

Just send them a concise, polite email stating that you are grateful for their consideration but that you would like to withdraw your application; something simple.

You're doing a good thing; someone last year on SDN got an interview and got accepted because I withdrew. :)