Withdrew from a class, retook, got a C?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexasDental2014

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I know this may sound like a bad question to ask but how bad is it to withdraw from a physiology class then retook the following semester but got a C?

I can still get a B..However... my teacher posted a "test study bank" for us to study for the final and it includes about 1000 questions. He said he will pick 20 of these questions and 40 questions will come from the new material(not on the test bank). He posted the questions Saturday night and our final is Wed morning.
I have other finals to study for but I feel like this class is going to be impossible.
The final can't hurt us. Only help.
So should I just not "worry" as much about this test and focus on my other finals? I don't know what to do. :(

I would really appreciate any advice. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you already been accepted to dental school yet? If yes, don't sweat it, a B or a C would be ok. I'm actually studying for my Human Phys. final tomorrow morning, which I feel very confident about. If you study all along, it shouldn't be too bad. Have you been using Mastering Physiology?

Have you already been accepted to dental school yet? If yes, don't sweat it, a B or a C would be ok. I'm actually studying for my Human Phys. final tomorrow morning, which I feel very confident about. If you study all along, it shouldn't be too bad. Have you been using Mastering Physiology?

No I haven't.
I dont know what Mastering Physiology is? I feel it's too late to start that book/program.

I was just wondering if I do get an interview if it will hurt my chances and whatnot. I was told that if you do retake a class, you MUST get at least a B or you're screwed...sighs.

Members don't see this ad :)
It would look really bad if you have to retake it and can't pull off a B. not exactly what you want to hear, just being honest. Physiology is a very important course in dental school I'm sure.

YouTube everything. Save time understanding concepts.

YouTube everything. Save time understanding concepts.
That's what I'm doing at the moment LOL.

But that still doesnt help me with the 1000 questions from the study guide. Guess I'll have to cram it all in somehow :/

That's what I'm doing at the moment LOL.

But that still doesnt help me with the 1000 questions from the study guide. Guess I'll have to cram it all in somehow :/

The teacher doesn't expect you to memorize everyone of those questions. He gives you the bank to see what type of questions will be asked. Look at your notes and focus on the main concepts of every system. There are only so many concepts in physiology and the rest is just memorization. Study smarter, not harder.

Reactions: 1 users
what exactly are you having problems with? pathways? I remember most of my tests were based off of pathways

I just redrew them over and over and over and over... you get the point

The teacher doesn't expect you to memorize everyone of those questions. He gives you the bank to see what type of questions will be asked. Look at your notes and focus on the main concepts of every system. There are only so many concepts in physiology and the rest is just memorization. Study smarter, not harder.

Just got word from the prof.
He said 20 questions will be from those 1000 questions. The other 20 questions will be new material.
Wish me luck y'all.

Just got word from the prof.
He said 20 questions will be from those 1000 questions. The other 20 questions will be new material.
Wish me luck y'all.

Still doesn't change what I said. Hope you do well. :)