WKU Departmental Application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Buzz1012

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying to Western Kentucky U's DPT program and it asks you to submit your "departmental application" for in order for your whole application to be complete. Anyone with experience with WKU want to fill me in on what this departmental application is? Just that just mean they are waiting for your application to get verified and sent out by PTCAS, or do I have to fill something else out? I already submitted my graduate school application and fee (supp. materials) to them.

Members don't see this ad.

From their website:

1. Applications:
    • Completion of all required PTCAS Application materials and The Graduate School Online Application must be received by the November 2, 2015 application deadline.
    • November 30, 2015 (midnight CST) is the extended deadline for receipt of all Supplemental Application materials:
      • The Graduate School at WKU requires all of the following supplemental application materials, no later than November 30, 2015, to release your DPT Program Application for review by the DPT Program Admissions Committee:
        • (GRE Scores (School Codes: 0557 and 1901) and Prerequisite Course Work Form) to be received by The Graduate School ([email protected]).

What's the "departmental application"? Prerequisite page only mentions PTCAS and the graduate school app.

From their website:

1. Applications:
    • Completion of all required PTCAS Application materials and The Graduate School Online Application must be received by the November 2, 2015 application deadline.
    • November 30, 2015 (midnight CST) is the extended deadline for receipt of all Supplemental Application materials:
      • The Graduate School at WKU requires all of the following supplemental application materials, no later than November 30, 2015, to release your DPT Program Application for review by the DPT Program Admissions Committee:
        • (GRE Scores (School Codes: 0557 and 1901) and Prerequisite Course Work Form) to be received by The Graduate School ([email protected]).

What's the "departmental application"? Prerequisite page only mentions PTCAS and the graduate school app.

I attached a screenshot of my application status page. There is a page that mentions you only have to send transcripts to PTCAS so I can disregard the request for my two transcripts here, but no where can I find a description of the "departmental application." I'm going to very strongly assume they are just talking about the PTCAS application as a whole and wait for my transcripts to get verified.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 4.02.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 4.02.21 PM.png
    47 KB · Views: 33
Members don't see this ad :)
You can always call their office to confirm that it's just the prerequisite page and grad school app due in addition to the PTCAS application... They are really nice and helpful. :)
Best of luck to you! :luck: Peace and God bless

I am applying to Western Kentucky U's DPT program and it asks you to submit your "departmental application" for in order for your whole application to be complete. Anyone with experience with WKU want to fill me in on what this departmental application is? Just that just mean they are waiting for your application to get verified and sent out by PTCAS, or do I have to fill something else out? I already submitted my graduate school application and fee (supp. materials) to them.
I believe it is just the PTCAS application because thats where they recieve your transcripts and mine was "received" the same day as my transcripts

Reactions: 1 user
So I've submitted everything but on the application page, under Application Requirements, it says I have to submit a financial statement. Anybody know anything about that?

So I've submitted everything but on the application page, under Application Requirements, it says I have to submit a financial statement. Anybody know anything about that?
Never saw anything like that on mine. Did you pay your supplemental fee?

Never saw anything like that on mine. Did you pay your supplemental fee?
Yep, I've submitted everything. If you have questions, try emailing them, they're great about replying!