Wohoo submitted my secondary to VCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrHopeless

The Monkey is In
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now the waiting, hopefully I did everything right....... :scared:

Anyone going for INOVA for your 3rd and 4th year? I just want to see what everyone else is thinking.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you going to do this for every single secondary you submit?

Members don't see this ad :)
When I type text into the boxes, it doesn't save. What am I doing wrong? Also, does it show your pic when you upload it?

DrHopeless said:
Anyone going for INOVA for your 3rd and 4th year?

No, I chose to remain at MCV, Richmond hospitals due to family circumstances. The cost of living in the DC area, plus uprooting my whole family two years later didn't seem that appealing to me.

When were you guys verified and how long after that did you receive the VCU secondary?

I'm convinced that I haven't received a secondary yet from VCU because I am out-of-state. My AMCAS was verified on June 29th and I've gotten more secondaries than I have fingers to write, but VCU has yet to change the status of my application. Surely my scores were competetive enough to merit a secondary, but if they wait till November to give me a secondary, I may as well have applied my AMCAS late.

How about this... Has anyone from out-of-state received a secondary yet? And if so, when were you verified from AMCAS?

I got it yesterday, AMCAS verified 6/21. You have a 45 day limit, which isn't a problem except for my stupid LOR :mad: !

DrHopeless said:
Now the waiting, hopefully I did everything right....... :scared:

Anyone going for INOVA for your 3rd and 4th year?

if i have to live in the dc area any longer i might go crazy...and i will have worked at inova for a year prior to [hopefully] entering med school :scared:

Are you out-of-state?

That's no good with the time-limit because one of my LOR went to China for a month. He already wrote the letters for me, but I hope there is nothing additional he needs to do, because that's not happening.

WholeLottaGame7 said:
I got it yesterday, AMCAS verified 6/21. You have a 45 day limit, which isn't a problem except for my stupid LOR :mad: !

JTHURMA said:
I'm convinced that I haven't received a secondary yet from VCU because I am out-of-state. My AMCAS was verified on June 29th and I've gotten more secondaries than I have fingers to write, but VCU has yet to change the status of my application. Surely my scores were competetive enough to merit a secondary, but if they wait till November to give me a secondary, I may as well have applied my AMCAS late.

How about this... Has anyone from out-of-state received a secondary yet? And if so, when were you verified from AMCAS?
I'm out of state, verified by AMCAS on 6/15 or something like that... Got notified by VCU they had received my AMCAS a couple of weeks ago, got the secondary invite yesterday. Submitted it today - just waiting for LORs.

As for other secondaries, I'm getting them out the door in no less than 2 days for the most part. Have two more to do today (got them Friday last week via snail mail).

chicagomel said:
When I type text into the boxes, it doesn't save. What am I doing wrong? Also, does it show your pic when you upload it?

For me, there was a little link below the submit your picture button, that said something like "View your current Picture" after I hit save the first time.

indo said:
Are you going to do this for every single secondary you submit?

And sorry Indo/VPD, it wasn't my intention to annoy any of you. Beside I also wanted to ask if anyone was considering INOVA at the same time. The thread title was merely to express my excitement, but the purpose of the thread was my question about INOVA

I was verified July 7th and have yet received secondaries for VCU... I'm out-of-state though.. ><

Apparently, they are truly going in order received and hopefully soon I will hear something.

I'm out of state as well and no word yet on if they have reviewed my secondary either. I think I was verified on July 1st.

JTHURMA said:

Relax. I'm an in-state Virginia resident and I have yet to receive my VCU secondary as well. I submitted on 6/25, was finished being verified on 6/30. My first email notification from VCU was the email that gives you the link to the status page - I received that on 7/18.

Stats are 3.5 / 29 if you're curious.

So, I'd give it another week or so before getting too antsy, even though apparently some other SDN'ers are getting it

I submitted on 7/11 and was verified on 7/21. I am out of state and I received my secondary 7/25. However, I am still on the wait list for 2005 :(
boooooo for me!

Hi guys,

I am also out-of -state and submitted amcas on 6/16 and verified on 6/22. I havent received a secondary from VCU. However, im happy that i still dont have a pre-secondary rejection. Good luck to all those waiting. :luck:

Good luck to all....

Just got my secondary invite today

Hi all. I am out-of-state as well. AMCAS verification was 6/27 and got the secondary 7/25. Good luck to everyone.

Just received the secondary invitation. My AMCAS was verified in mid-June and I'm an out-of-state applicant.