women older than their men?

M

moops

Any body in relationships where the woman is older or know any like this? Did it ever cause any problems for either member of the couple?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm older than my husband, both in age (though not by much) and in acaemic experience (I'm in my last year of my PhD program. He is just starting med school). It hasn't caused us any problems in the least. Do you have any specific question about it?

moops said:
Any body in relationships where the woman is older or know any like this? Did it ever cause any problems for either member of the couple?
I know plenty of couples where woman is older than a man. Usually the age difference is 3-5 years and as far as I know it is not an issue for any these people

Members don't see this ad :)
The guys I have dated have been both younger (not more than 5 years) or older than me ( not more than 4 years) . I personally prefer dating an older man ( not more than 5 years older than me) . Even though I am in my late 20s, I think that men in their 20s (either the same age or younger than me) are pretty hard to deal with emotionally and intellectually. Not all- but most.

moops said:

yep. i am 2 years older than my bf (who is dental school)-- only problem is that its just two extra years in the plan until/ he is ready and done with everything. Sometimes I get a little frustrated at the situation... but i get over it...

:)

r_salis said:
I'm 1-1/2 years older than my husband. Was never an issue, even when we were younger.

Same here (but 1 year difference)...and we started dating in hs. Got some family history: my mom's older than my dad & my grandmother was older than my grandmother.

DrMom said:
Same here (but 1 year difference)...and we started dating in hs. Got some family history: my mom's older than my dad & my grandmother was older than my grandmother.

Grandmother older than your Grandmother....now THAT opens up tons of new possibilities... :p j/k

Seriously though I have dated guys younger than me and it was more like raising a child. :rolleyes:

I am older than Mr. DSM by two years. When we married I was already a paramedic and he was an EMT basic.

No problems here.....I have found out that men kind of top of at mental age of about 15 anyway....... :D

Neuronix said:
Did someone say boobies?! Huh? :)

blue footed boobies.... a very specific variety... any guesses why the name? :rolleyes:

like, say a guy 24 (almost) and a girl 27... both are very cute, etc. etc...one in med school (guy) and the girl working... what are your opinions?

Neuronix said:
Cyanosis? I guess if they have blue feet and white wings they had a congenital aortic coarctation.

I think if it works, it works. It depends a lot of the maturity of both individuals. I have dated both older and younger guys and can say that the youngest was the most mature. I think that it can easily work as long as the two of you aren't hung up on the age thing. Good luck.

jonny_little said:
like, say a guy 24 (almost) and a girl 27... both are very cute, etc. etc...one in med school (guy) and the girl working... what are your opinions?

There is a 3 yr age difference in my husband and I. He is in pharmacy school, and I work. It hasn't posed any problem for us. Sure once in a while I can see a difference in maturity, lifestyle (he being in school and me working)...but not enought for it to be a problem. It all depends on the 2 people involved.

My wife is 45 days older than myself, and I never let her forget it.