Wondering what my chances are looking like.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tapaus92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what my chances are looking like?
Science GPA: 3.5 (Graduating Science GPA expected 3.7/3.8)
Total GPA 3.4 (Graduating GPA expected 3.75)
MCAT: to be determined (28JAN12) expecting anywhere from a (30-35)

I attend a small Private Liberal Arts University

Work at Kentucky Bioprocessesing, we make plant made pharmaceuticals, since may of 2010. My title is intern but i am worked like a full time employee and my bosses have told me they will write me good letters of recommendation.

Plan on volunteering at a hospital this summer/maybe start during the spring.

Volunteer Experience in Baltimore and in Eastern/western KY helping the needy.

President of Alpha Chi Honor Society, in Who's Who among colleges and Universities, a member of Delta Epsilon Sigma Honor Society, an officer in FCA, and i tutor other students in biology and chemistry.

I am a musician (Trumpet/Guitar/Baritone/Banjo) and an avid disc golf/ultimate Frisbee player.

I plan on applying to the University of Kentucky, University of Louisville, Indiana University, Vanderbilt University, and a few others in the fall.

Anything else i should list/work on?

Members don't see this ad.

As long as your GPA will be in that range when you graduate you will be competitive. Need to get more clinical hours.

What is your other clinical experience? The average applicant has 1.5 years (3-4 hours per week), as well as about 50 shadowng hours. Adcomms like to see evidence of prolonged, thoughtful consideration of medicine as a career.

Try to have some type of regular hands-on service to the poor (weekly or twice monthly).

A research experience also makes an application stronger. Would any of your internship duties fall into that category?