Woohoo I Got Into Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PRINCESS_IJ

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finally got acceptance to maryland. And that's where i'm headed. Look out class of 2011

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats :D -and who knows...maybe I'll get your LECOM spot! :laugh:

Congrats---I know you are on cloud nine right now. Its an awesome feeling!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats---I know you are on cloud nine right now. Its an awesome feeling!
Not just cloud nine, i think i'm on cloud 999999999999999999999999999 till infinity.Any thanks everyone. SDN has been a great resource/help throughout this process.
As for you RXGRRL, i wish i could just make a phone call so u can get the LECOM spot;) , but i wish you the best.

Hey guys --
Have you gotten some sort of confirmation after you called and picked which campus??
I thought I heard Ms. Oliver tell me I was going to get an email confirming me for Baltimore campus, but I may have heard her wrong since I was too excited when I called.

Hey guys --
Have you gotten some sort of confirmation after you called and picked which campus??
I thought I heard Ms. Oliver tell me I was going to get an email confirming me for Baltimore campus, but I may have heard her wrong since I was too excited when I called.
i was about to ask the same question, also if u try to pay the deposit online, which ID do we use?

hehe, I just posted the same post at the other thread. I have not got any, so I am nervous as well and also I am so excited , I am afraid that I heard the wrong thing.

Maryland said they weren't sending acceptance letters until March 4, I guess they jumped the gun?

We decided on Palm Beach Atlantic regardless. Sun and beach won out in the end.

For any of you new to the area you need to know 2 things:

GO OOOOOHHH'S!!

F*&K DUKE!

U CAN PAY THROUGH WWW.SURFS.UMD.EDU AND USE EITHER YOUR SS# OR STUDENT ID (if you have one) but do not use pharmcas ID #. Then send Ms Oliver a copy of the confirmation summary at the end along with the short email message that they send to you immediately.

Hey guys --

I think she did say that we would get a confirmation email, however I have not recieved one yet either!

Members don't see this ad :)
LoL - I would say UMB aren't as huge on the whole "f**k duke" thing. It's more of a UMCP thing really. We didn't riot the last two times we beat duke though! Isn't that insane??

Princess_IJ - Did you happen to ask Ms. Oliver about the confirmation email that none of us have gotten?

SSN to pay the deposit? I used my PharmCAS number to pay for the deposit. Hopefully that's ok. And I did forward Ms Oliver the deposit email, and she have not email me back yet.

LoL - I would say UMB aren't as huge on the whole "f**k duke" thing. It's more of a UMCP thing really. We didn't riot the last two times we beat duke though! Isn't that insane??

Princess_IJ - Did you happen to ask Ms. Oliver about the confirmation email that none of us have gotten?

UMB is like CP's nerdy little brother, it's all the same really. :D

You shouldn't riot in Lexington Market, somebody get shot.

I got a confirmation email after I chose a campus

i called and asked about it and i just recieved the confirmation e-mail.

SSN to pay the deposit? I used my PharmCAS number to pay for the deposit. Hopefully that's ok. And I did forward Ms Oliver the deposit email, and she have not email me back yet.
u may want to call because i was firmly told not to use pharmcasID # because it is not recognised by the office of records and registration who happens to be the ones who send it to the bursar.

If you are going to pay for your tuition, you need to obtain your University of Maryland ID number from the office of admissions first. Don't use your pharmcas ID and your SSN won't work either.

If you are going to pay for your tuition, you need to obtain your University of Maryland ID number from the office of admissions first. Don't use your pharmcas ID and your SSN won't work either.
my SS# worked because i just paid my deposit and have received confirmation

I use my PHARMcas ID and I got the confirmation letter for the payment as well as Mr Oliver send me the email confirmation letter about the payment. So I guess that's alright.

For future people: I called Ms. Oliver yesterday and she told me to use my birthdate as my student ID for payment since we haven't been issued student i.d.s.

uh oh....i put my pharmcas id...i hope i get ms. oliver's email...i'll let people know if i do..

i got a confirmation and everything just fine...i will call tomorrow to make sure they got it. anyone know anything about campus availabilities?

please share your stats...pcat and gpa for those accepted to maryland

thanks!!!!

My pCAT 85%, GPA: undergrad 3.0, graduate: 3.5, I will get my Ph.D degree in Pharmacology this summer, I think maybe this count. since I do not have awsome pCAT and GPA.

I also received a confirmation email of the deposit. Yet, do any of you know if we'll actually receive anything official through the mail so that we can confirm that we are definitely accepted and have submitted a deposit? It would be reassuring to hear something more definite and official.

Forward this confirmation of deposit to Ms Oliver, she will send out email confirmation of acceptance, campus preference and deposit receivment. But she said there are something wrong with the email system, there are bunch of email got sent back. I ended up called her and she sent me the confirmation of email immediately after I called. And she said there will be a welcome package comming soon. But I am not sure how soon.

anyone hear anything after they paid and got a confirmation?

anyone get their welcome package?

I had called her about not getting my campus preference confirmation so when I got my email for the deposit she added "and this is your official confirmation for campus preference." Not to be paranoid, but it would have made me feel a lot better if she confirmed Baltimore as my preference...
Can't wait to get a welcome package!!

I had called her about not getting my campus preference confirmation so when I got my email for the deposit she added "and this is your official confirmation for campus preference." Not to be paranoid, but it would have made me feel a lot better if she confirmed Baltimore as my preference...
Can't wait to get a welcome package!!

yeah i was alittle suprised myself as well, it just says "campus preference" i want it to say baltimore dammit! our paranoia got us this far tho so its a good thing.

i want my welcome package as well!

Same here. Even though I though I clearly said baltimore. It will be nice to get confirmation stated that which campus. Just got email from Ms Oliver said that I met all the pre-req since my transcript is international. I always feel it is too good to be true and it can be taken away from me any time.

Congrats to everyone who got in!!!!!! I am currently a second year. I look forward to meeting you all!

If any of you have any questions feel free to private message me.

Also, if any cool ladies are looking for a fun, clean, safe place to live close to campus, let me know! I have some spots opening in my house this July!

Congrats to everyone who got in!!!!!! I am currently a second year. I look forward to meeting you all!

If any of you have any questions feel free to private message me.

Also, if any cool ladies are looking for a fun, clean, safe place to live close to campus, let me know! I have some spots opening in my house this July!

Yea, this is a fun house and she's good peoples! It's in a nice neighborhood, too bad it's not co-ed. :mad:

Oh well the search for my place continues.. ;)