Worcester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WorcesterPHOBoy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone go to Worcester Campus in Boston and know about their program? it is block schedule? how do you like it there? do you have time on the weekend to go out and have fun at least? any place near there is fun? i heard downtown is boring? is that true? thank you for ur information,!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

The Worcester campus is in Worcester. The Boston campus is in Boston. Which one are you asking about? I'm inclined to think Worcester, since it is downtown and, as you have heard, is a little boring.

You might want to check out MCPHS's website at http://www.mcphs.edu/

Hey,
I attend MCPHS-Worcester. I have only been there for about 4 weeks though. To answer your questions. 1st. Worcester campus is not in Boston, Boston is about a 45 min. drive from here.

The pharm. Program isn’t in block scheduling. It was a block schedule last year but now it follows the semester system. I don’t know where you’re from but compared to where I am from this is a small town. There are a couple places to go out put not much. The downtown area isn’t anything special, couple bars and a few clubs. If it’s a priority for you to go out all the time then Worcester is not for you. They don’t sell alcohol past 2am anywhere in Massachusetts, so bars close around 1:45am. You could go into Boston but like I said it’s about 45min. away.

Regarding Time, there’s a lot of info that you have to learn but it’s manageable. I go out when ever I can but there’s people here that go out every weekend and still keep up w/ there work.

Good luck

:thumbdown: ]
i give a thumbs down on mcphs.. .i actually know a few people in the area that go to mcphs in boston and they all discouraged myself and others i know from even applying to mcphs, only 70% pass boards at boston campus, but i also know that the worchester and new hampshire is even worse, about 25% don't graduate or drop out b/c of stress level, it's accelerated, meaning you finish in three years instead of four. my recommendation is you have to be veryyy weary of schools who accept so many students (mcphs at both campuses); it is for safety reasons. they take your money -probably about 35-45 k per year, and aren't too concerned with students who have difficulty, which is more than half of the class. I heard their motto at mcphs was "youre on your own". i don't recommend it according to # of statistics who drop out, dismissed or stay back. ;; i've also heard that there's discrimination issues within the mcphs schools.