Work hours in a day / in a week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

staroceanX

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all the pharmacists in this forum, how many hours do you work a day and total hours a week? Does it include night shift or all regular shift? Does it include Saturday / Sunday working hours?

Members don't see this ad.

staroceanX said:
For all the pharmacists in this forum, how many hours do you work a day and total hours a week? Does it include night shift or all regular shift? Does it include Saturday / Sunday working hours?

38 Hours. I work every weekend by choice to avoid back to back twelve
hour shifts which are IMHO dangerous.

Members don't see this ad :)
i work with a pharmacist who does 7 on 7 out. she does 10 hour shift each day, however she gets paid shift differential for nights and weekends. so she gets paid little bit over 83 regular hours. i think that's great.

bananaface said:
Wow. Eight and a half minutes of sleep per night? Amazing.

damn caverjact just got nailed with math of anna. not sobered up yet my friend?

Caverject said:
I work 167 hours a week and drink a lot of coffee

I hope you're joking (being 168 in a week)....but then again, I've seen MDs hook themselves up to TPN IVs for nutrition during 110-120 hour week runs and use amphetamine as well.

Realistically, if you're exceeding 90 to 100 hours as a pharmacist, I hope you don't make a mistake, because the board WILL ream you for putting your patients in danger from overworking yourself.

I keep about a 130 hour biweekly shift (but I'm also overnight when I work).

If I'm daytime, it's going to be about 120 to 130 maximum spread across all 7 days.

Caverject said:
I work 167 hours a week and drink a lot of coffee)
lord999 said:
I hope you're joking (being 168 in a week)....

Since he's in his second year of pharm school, he must be kidding (unless, he counts school as "work")!

Caverject said:
I work 167 hours a week and drink a lot of coffee
Honestly when i read this i did not read any sort of truth in it... i figured that he figured up the number of hours in a week and chose 167 because it would be the funniest....

i must have been waaaaaaay wrong since it appears others feel the need to point it out as a joke....

i apologize Caverject for my confusion and the doubt i had that you actually worked that much.
All I can say is what a work ethic!

bbmuffin said:
Honestly when i read this i did not read any sort of truth in it... i figured that he figured up the number of hours in a week and chose 167 because it would be the funniest....

DING DING DING!!! I didn't realize my answer was so controversial! LOL

Is it required to work so many hours? Or is it just because people work more for more money? Wouldn't working 40-50 hours a week give u around 80000 a year already if ur hourly wage is 40/hour?

I'm a second year student and I learned something last year . . . work is most definately for summer while you're in school

. . . as for 167 hours . . . if you go to school, work, do homework, and still eat and such then yeah, that's about the time you'd spend

Yeehaw! Go retail flexibility!