Working in USA after passing the NAVLE in Canada?

Started by wahied0
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wahied0

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if passing the NAVLE with CVMA makes you eligible to have a restricted license in the USA as well.
 
Yes. The NAVLE that we take in Canada is the same as the one Americans write.

I am Canadian, wrote my NAVLE in Canada, and am currently practicing in the US.
 
Yes. The NAVLE that we take in Canada is the same as the one Americans write.

I am Canadian, wrote my NAVLE in Canada, and am currently practicing in the US.
What is the criteria for shifting from cvma to avma ? Do the person have to prove english prior to the shift?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the criteria for shifting from cvma to avma ? Do the person have to prove english prior to the shift?

The requirements will depend on the state you plan on practicing in. I moved from Ontario to Michigan, and to apply for my Michigan state license, I had to submit proof that I was a member in good standing with the OVMA to the Michigan state board. I did not have to take any English proficiency tests because I graduated from an AVMA-accredited vet school.
 
Tha
The requirements will depend on the state you plan on practicing in. I moved from Ontario to Michigan, and to apply for my Michigan state license, I had to submit proof that I was a member in good standing with the OVMA to the Michigan state board. I did not have to take any English proficiency tests because I graduated from an AVMA-accredited vet school.
thank you