Working in USA after passing the NAVLE in Canada?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wahied0

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if passing the NAVLE with CVMA makes you eligible to have a restricted license in the USA as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. The NAVLE that we take in Canada is the same as the one Americans write.

I am Canadian, wrote my NAVLE in Canada, and am currently practicing in the US.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes. The NAVLE that we take in Canada is the same as the one Americans write.

I am Canadian, wrote my NAVLE in Canada, and am currently practicing in the US.
What is the criteria for shifting from cvma to avma ? Do the person have to prove english prior to the shift?

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the criteria for shifting from cvma to avma ? Do the person have to prove english prior to the shift?

The requirements will depend on the state you plan on practicing in. I moved from Ontario to Michigan, and to apply for my Michigan state license, I had to submit proof that I was a member in good standing with the OVMA to the Michigan state board. I did not have to take any English proficiency tests because I graduated from an AVMA-accredited vet school.

Reactions: 1 user
Tha
The requirements will depend on the state you plan on practicing in. I moved from Ontario to Michigan, and to apply for my Michigan state license, I had to submit proof that I was a member in good standing with the OVMA to the Michigan state board. I did not have to take any English proficiency tests because I graduated from an AVMA-accredited vet school.
thank you