You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
working two retail jobs
Started by Oxycotin
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Most national retail companies (Walgreens, CVS) will not allow their pharmacists to work for a competitor.Has anyone ever worked for two retail pharmacy companies (although not necessarily chain pharmacies)? For instance like Walgreens and Costco or CVS and Wal-mart? Do you think that is frowned upon?
Most national retail companies (Walgreens, CVS) will not allow their pharmacists to work for a competitor.
I know a lot of pharmacists who hold multiple jobs. They'll usually have one full-time job and then work float or relief work for the others. I'd definitely check with your higher-ups first though...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I couldn't even do it even if it were allowed.
When I worked in retail during a summer studentship I needed every second away from that pharmacy to readjust.
Seeing Mrs. Smith pick up her ACE,HCTZ,ASA,Metformin,Glyburide along with 8 (no joke) large bags of doritos and 8 2L pepsis in the same swoop was depressing to me.
When I worked in retail during a summer studentship I needed every second away from that pharmacy to readjust.
Seeing Mrs. Smith pick up her ACE,HCTZ,ASA,Metformin,Glyburide along with 8 (no joke) large bags of doritos and 8 2L pepsis in the same swoop was depressing to me.
It has been against company policy every where I have worked. When you think about it it makes sense. Why would a company be okay with you working for a competitor?
I couldn't even do it even if it were allowed.
When I worked in retail during a summer studentship I needed every second away from that pharmacy to readjust.
Seeing Mrs. Smith pick up her ACE,HCTZ,ASA,Metformin,Glyburide along with 8 (no joke) large bags of doritos and 8 2L pepsis in the same swoop was depressing to me.
No kidding! Can you imagine working for CVS and doing PRN work for Walgreens....Hell on earth I say.....
I couldn't even do it even if it were allowed.
When I worked in retail during a summer studentship I needed every second away from that pharmacy to readjust.
Seeing Mrs. Smith pick up her ACE,HCTZ,ASA,Metformin,Glyburide along with 8 (no joke) large bags of doritos and 8 2L pepsis in the same swoop was depressing to me.
It would be just easier to just tell the patient that chips and soda have a dangerous interaction with their drugs.
Like someone mentioned. Working for 2 retail pharmacies is against company policies.
Even if you did work part time for both retail pharmacies, where will you get your benefits package from? (I imagine this is endurable if you're listed under your spouse's health insurance)
Most pharmacists I know prefer to work at a hospital pharmacy full time and pick up hours at a retail pharmacy as a part time job.
I heard at some pharmacies, working 32 hours is considered full time; correct?
This means you can work a full time job for 4 days a week, and pick up another 2 days of part time pay. Is this common??
Even if you did work part time for both retail pharmacies, where will you get your benefits package from? (I imagine this is endurable if you're listed under your spouse's health insurance)
Most pharmacists I know prefer to work at a hospital pharmacy full time and pick up hours at a retail pharmacy as a part time job.
I heard at some pharmacies, working 32 hours is considered full time; correct?
This means you can work a full time job for 4 days a week, and pick up another 2 days of part time pay. Is this common??
then they would just stop picking up their presciptions 🙁
It would be just easier to just tell the patient that chips and soda have a dangerous interaction with their drugs.
Like someone mentioned. Working for 2 retail pharmacies is against company policies.
Even if you did work part time for both retail pharmacies, where will you get your benefits package from? (I imagine this is endurable if you're listed under your spouse's health insurance)
Most pharmacists I know prefer to work at a hospital pharmacy full time and pick up hours at a retail pharmacy as a part time job.
I heard at some pharmacies, working 32 hours is considered full time; correct?
This means you can work a full time job for 4 days a week, and pick up another 2 days of part time pay. Is this common??
yes, this is pretty common. Many of the floater RPHs at my walgreen are hospital RPHs, especially if they are doing the 7 on/7 off routine. Hospital do have many open shifts (especially the ones with differential), but if they can't pick those up, they add couple of retail shifts.
Unless you go talking about it to everyone, there shouldn't really be a way for them to find out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So has anyone who works for a retail chain actually had this okayed (working for another retail chain that is...)?
Most companies are not okay with you working for your competitor also because moonlighting makes you tired and increases their liability.