Working while taking science classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

westsidestoryz

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all, so here is my dilemma.
Next spring I will be doing the following things:
Physics 4 units
Microbiology 4 units
Chem II 5 units
6-10 hours in research labs a week
4 hours a week at the ER

I wish to have ample study time for all As

I currently work at Starbucks but do you think it is wise to add work into my schedule? I can work 4-5 hours a week but I don't see the point.
I worked 8-14 hours a week during this semester with 3 classes (2 science) and volunteer. It was okay mainly because the classes were easy.
I get FAFSA but I might have to take out loans (topic for another time)
I was planning to add a volunteer program which helps feed the poor but I took it out.

So what do you guys think is wise? Invest in the future or add work?

And as always, thanks for the replies
 
This looks pretty manageable. Get a calendar and right down all dates and times of classes and your work and try to fit studying into some free time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad