Worried about my mcat fl scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tj123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been studying for a little less than 2 months now and my Kaplan full length scores are not great. The past two weeks I've been hitting around 494-497. I still have two months left of studying to do and my target score on the real thing is 516. Is this feasible? I've heard that Kaplan is harder but it looks like I need to raise my score to about 505-507 to score close to what I want on the real thing (according to other peoples comparison scores).

Members don't see this ad.

for what it's worth, I couldn't score higher than 504 (average 500-503) on the kaplan practice MCAT but ended up scoring > 95th percentile on the real deal
two months left is plenty of time to keep studying! keep it up!

I'm in the same boat! I managed to pull up my score from a 499 to a 503 but I'm still hovering around the 500 range. I really want to pull it up closer to a 510 but with only a month left until the exam, I'm getting really frustrated and anxious..

for what it's worth, I couldn't score higher than 504 (average 500-503) on the kaplan practice MCAT but ended up scoring > 95th percentile on the real deal
two months left is plenty of time to keep studying! keep it up!
i am so relieved to hear this! how did your AAMC FLs compare with your kaplan FLs?

N=1 here but I tried this MCAT studying once using a Kaplan course. My first two FL scores were 497 and 496 respectively; they absolutely demoralized me and made me think I was nowhere near prepared. I took 9 months off studying (no review or anything) and took my first NextStep exam yesterday after ONLY studying all of psych/soc-- 504.

Reactions: 1 user