Worrying about losing your job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Loser...it's "page 2"

Members don't see this ad :)
hatersgonnahatesn.jpg

How many california pharmacist do you know making 81K per year??

Well if he managed to fill the positions this is just a start, others will follow suit. You may pay 150 for your pharmacists but retail don't want the best. they want CHEAPEST, all they want is arms and legs with licences. Keep it cheap and keep it legal, that's the corporate motto these days. if you don't believe me well TOUGH but believe me when I say SALARIES WILL FALL.

Look what happened in aviation, one airline started charging you for baggage, now ......they all do it.

Screw that. Moving for a job is for the birds.

I'll just keep operating in stealth mode, thank you.

images

Congrats It's Z you got the job no one wants. If it was all that I don't think you would have so much time to post on SDN.

Well if he managed to fill the positions this is just a start, others will follow suit. You may pay 150 for your pharmacists but retail don't want the best. they want CHEAPEST, all they want is arms and legs with licences. Keep it cheap and keep it legal, that's the corporate motto these days. if you don't believe me well TOUGH but believe me when I say SALARIES WILL FALL.

Look what happened in aviation, one airline started charging you for baggage, now ......they all do it.

Nah. Southwest doesn't charge for first 2 bags. Hth

Members don't see this ad :)

The aspect of retail just wanting a licensee with a pulse is not a new phenomenon. Its always been there.
Healthcare system pharmacy can't afford to just hire just anyone. Its still a challenge to hire high caliber pharmacists. PGY1&2 kids are still sought after. Over 30 resumes and there were 2 residency trained applicants. For those kids they don't need to subscribe to your gloom and doom. And neither do I.

if you don't believe me well TOUGH but believe me when I say SALARIES WILL FALL.

THEY HAVE ALREADY FALLEN...in certain markets:idea:

Many new retail grads are not getting 40 hours a week on top of that.

How pathetic is it that you have no faith in your employer where hard work nor lazy ass work is neither rewarded nor reprimanded? And to live in fear of getting laid off?
All that schooling and education and that's all you have to show for it?

Career path well chosen.

I actually agree with Its Z's comment on this one. It's like what I have said before. People need to have a backbone instead of living in fear.

:confused:

I understand there's a 10-20K+/- per year gap, but at least in CA they're both above 6 figures. And I've got 6 in my fam and could afford that cut with a mortgage.

Dood .....was out looking for agates all afternoon...was chilly but sunny...then went to the chevron station with Chester's fried chicken....love me some gas station chicken.....wth they didn't have any chicken ready!!! Your town sux!

^^
My point adds up to the fact that some posters are inferring that it was only ourselves to blame for getting into retail and if we didn't like it we should get out. all I'm saying is you can't just bale out if you still have bills to pay and no new job to go to. Frying pan/fire

Also the yes the ONE guy in CA managed to fill six posts at 81k seemingly quite easy, so if one can do it others will follow.

Must admit, there has been various thread drifts.

Back to OP, no-one should get complacent about job security no matter how hard a worker you are or how valuable you hold yourself in your own esteem :-O

So...did someone put a gun to your head and force you to do retail??

Oh btw what's your fascination with 81k salary in CA Indy? Do you work there? :smuggrin:

Dood .....was out looking for agates all afternoon...was chilly but sunny...then went to the chevron station with Chester's fried chicken....love me some gas station chicken.....wth they didn't have any chicken ready!!! Your town sux!

I'm stuck with subway for now. But gas station chicken is good when they have some ready. Used to get gas station mexican in MT. That was good eatin. Tater tot taco salads....good times.

And I've just been offered to take over a health system pharmacy operation in another country...
How would that work? I'm sure some principles are universal, but standards of care, reimbursement, licensing, etc have got to be way different once you leave 'murica.

How would that work? I'm sure some principles are universal, but standards of care, reimbursement, licensing, etc have got to be way different once you leave 'murica.

Im not taking it....I just settled down in a new town. Not about to uproot my family again. That particular system uses American hospital pharmacy model. Reimbursement and regs are of secondary importance rather getting their operations optimized is the goal.

So...did someone put a gun to your head and force you to do retail??

No, but it's what I thought I wanted to do at the time and subsequently realised it was not the holy grail that hospital appears to be by some people.

I did move to a fixed contract of 3 months in a psychiatric hospital setting but found it too slow compared to the high pace of retail. Suppose I will never find a happy medium :)

Ehh...I'm getting my waders and fly rods and going fishing....rainbows are fixing to spawn..

I worked in business before pharmacy school. So I kind of know how the otherside is thinking.

You bust your butt....fill say 240 in 12 hours with 22 tech hours that day (yet you got swamped above normal at 4-6 for some unknown reason). Someone else fills 260 with 20 tech hours (but they had better tech and more spread out day) without really busting it at all. It is very likely you worked a lot harder than the last person, but they are going to be judged better. If I was the one in corporate, then I would do the same thing. If I watched a tape of the day, then I might be pissed off that the second pharmacist didn't bust it more and get more administrative stuff done since it was so well spread out.

I mean numbers are important, but every script isn't equal in work either. In theory it should even out, but it might not (refills are a lot easier to verify than new scripts, insurance rejects are far from created equal, and so on). I work at two different stores...and they are very different in how the day goes. I feel like I bust it the whole time (I would like a pharmacist job at the end...please), but it isn't same. I feel like the busier store is sometimes the newer store with less scripts...why? We have less tech hours with more stations (newer store design), but customers still come to all the stations at once even though we don't have the staff for it.

We don't have the over supply that so many other areas complain of either. We might when I finish due to some newer school having their first classes in 2013 and 2014, but every pharmacist in the area hiring is an alumni from our school...not theirs.

Food for thought: many pharmacy students have not held a "real" corporate job prior to graduation. Do you remember how shocking, unpredictable, and upsetting your first round of layoffs was? I have the feeling that this could be behind some of the sentiment expressed on the boards.

Survived 4 rounds of layoffs here, in the banking industry during the worst of it, nonetheless. The trick really is being invaluable and knowing how to gauge which way the wind is blowing.

Ehh...I'm getting my waders and fly rods and going fishing....rainbows are fixing to spawn..

Oh lawd.....my hubs won't shut up about stupid trout.

Sheesh, a thread about people worrying about losing their jobs and people start chatting about trout fishing, I give up :(

I wanna give salmon a try when season comes. I have no experience with salmon, though, just bass.

Salmon fishing on the river is definitely different than bass fishing. Steelhead run just ended....salmon run should be happening soon. Its a blast. You should do it....one of the few great outdoor activities in your backyard.

Oh lawd.....my hubs won't shut up about stupid trout.

There ain't not trout fishing where u at. I think broken bow or little red in ark may be the closest........crappies are running ...tell him to get some

How pathetic is it that you have no faith in your employer where hard work nor lazy ass work is neither rewarded nor reprimanded? And to live in fear of getting laid off?
All that schooling and education and that's all you have to show for it?

Career path well chosen.
why people keep saying that retail pharmacies are "bad"? I've heard so MANY pharmacists working at non-retail settings "look down" on those who do. Yes , they verify scripts, yes, they have to care about insurance, and yes , they have to lots of time listen to those ***** patients yell at them or those addicts try to fill their narc early. BUT, they have served many other patients, REMEMBER people don't just go to hospital unless it's severe. AND GUESS WHAT? retail pharmacists normally don't have enough time to go piss, or eat lunch, leave alone breaks or chit-chat. I admire them for their hard work (most of them , I do see some lazy ass though).
PHARMACISTS, PLEASE STOP JUDGING THOSE WHO WORK FOR RETAIL. If you don't understand how their work is, be quiet. Stop calling that a brain-dead job, maybe they don't use their clinical skills very frequent, but they have to be alert at all time with techs / patients / insurances/ medications...

why people keep saying that retail pharmacies are "bad"? I've heard so MANY pharmacists working at non-retail settings "look down" on those who do. Yes , they verify scripts, yes, they have to care about insurance, and yes , they have to lots of time listen to those ***** patients yell at them or those addicts try to fill their narc early. BUT, they have served many other patients, REMEMBER people don't just go to hospital unless it's severe. AND GUESS WHAT? retail pharmacists normally don't have enough time to go piss, or eat lunch, leave alone breaks or chit-chat. I admire them for their hard work (most of them , I do see some lazy ass though).
PHARMACISTS, PLEASE STOP JUDGING THOSE WHO WORK FOR RETAIL. If you don't understand how their work is, be quiet. Stop calling that a brain-dead job, maybe they don't use their clinical skills very frequent, but they have to be alert at all time with techs / patients / insurances/ medications...

:smuggrin:

Who's judgemental now??? Get off your high horse and if you have nothing good to contribute to this fishing thread, go watch the masters. You ain't very bright are you.

There ain't not trout fishing where u at. I think broken bow or little red in ark may be the closest........crappies are running ...tell him to get some

He goes down to the Illinois. We went to MO last week and he went to Taneycomo and caught 24 one morning.

Sheesh, a thread about people worrying about losing their jobs and people start chatting about trout fishing, I give up :(
they are elderly and they made big bucks while pharmacy was still good , they would give a damn about your worry.

:smuggrin:

Who's judgemental now??? Get off your high horse and if you have nothing good to contribute to this fishing thread, go watch the masters. You ain't very bright are you.
May I come in for dinner, sir? You have a daughter?, ok...., your wife should be fine.

Fishing thread... :laugh:

I try to fish for trout, but I'm horrible & then I just end up ruining it for my s/o because they see me. I enjoy the day outdoors, though.

Last time we went fishing for trout, there was this little girl fishing with a barbie pole with her grandpa. She had just barely put her hook in the water when she screamed & handed it to her grandpa, who reeled in a trout. She hooked 3 or 4 trout in an hour. We got shown up so bad. :smuggrin:

The ones who think they are all that on this thread are the ones that use the most industrial and unprofessional language!!!!