Worth applying to Mt. Sinai??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vayntraubinator

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Really interested in NY,NY...I have a 34, but the MSAR for mt. sinai says the bottom 10% for VR is a 10.

Would it be worth the money if I have a 9? EVERY other school on my list has a 9 for the bottom VR 10% so I might have a shot ... (NYU, Columbia, Cornell, etc..)

Members don't see this ad.

Really interested in NY,NY...I have a 34, but the MSAR for mt. sinai says the bottom 10% for VR is a 10.

Would it be worth the money if I have a 9? EVERY other school on my list has a 9 for the bottom VR 10% so I might have a shot ... (NYU, Columbia, Cornell, etc..)

You already know what the statistics say: bottom 10%. However, if you truly want the top schools in NYC, either retake your MCAT (not the greatest idea), or just apply anyway (which is what I would do). You'll be out half a grand, but if the rest of the app looks good, I still say it's worth a shot. Just choose the rest of your schools wisely.

You already know what the statistics say: bottom 10%. However, if you truly want the top schools in NYC, either retake your MCAT (not the greatest idea), or just apply anyway (which is what I would do). You'll be out half a grand, but if the rest of the app looks good, I still say it's worth a shot. Just choose the rest of your schools wisely.

Dar n....Half a grand. That's half the money I saved up this semester. :/ I wouldn't retake that mcat for the life of me. It's a 9 but im proud of the score, I hope Mt.Sinai doesnt screen me and will take a look at me :oops: