Worth it to go to Second Look?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdfOu

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if it's worth it to go to a school's second look if you're sure that you'll be attending the school. It'd be nice to see the school again + meet some of my potential classmates, but I'm not sure what else second looks would offer. How hard is it to get a legitimate feel for the school at second look, given that everyone is trying to put their best foot forward to convince students to come? Fights alone would also be close to 300$, which makes me hesitant to go.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Having the same dilemma here. Leaning towards going though. Like you said, it's a good opportunity to link up with your future classmates, get exposure to the area, make preparations for housing arrangements, and most importantly get in on some free swag.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure if you're in the situation, but I'm attending one in a far-off land to get my SO used to the area in hopes she will dig it one day.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if you're in the situation, but I'm attending one in a far-off land to get my SO used to the area in hopes she will dig it one day.
Not in that situation but that sounds pretty reasonable
I guess it'd be nice to prepare for housing, but I've heard a lot of people say that they just used the facebook group to find roommates.

Financial reasons are always the best reasons to not do something. there’s also Covid. I would also hate to start my first day and everyone is already cliqued up from second look day.

I would also hate to start my first day and everyone is already cliqued up from second look day.

Damn does this really happen? I mean it’s 2-3 days with a group of people that may or may not actually end up attending. I would imagine that people are still very much looking to meet people/make friends during orientation/ early in the school year. (Or at least that’s what I’m telling myself since I likely can’t make it to second look lol)

Reactions: 1 users
Damn does this really happen? I mean it’s 2-3 days with a group of people that may or may not actually end up attending. I would imagine that people are still very much looking to meet people/make friends during orientation/ early in the school year. (Or at least that’s what I’m telling myself since I likely can’t make it to second look lol)
I don’t really know I guess we will see. Some schools are very cliquey according to some posts I’ve read. At the very least , people can find more suitable roommates as opposed to if they had stayed.