Worth it to send any low tiered MD's my app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Newyorkgirl24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've applied super broadly to many DO schools and just received my MCAT back of 506, with a super score of 508. My cGPA is 3.51 and sGPA is 3.26. I know my stats are definitely lower end for MD, is it worth submitting to a few of them?

Would love any feedback. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

No. It's too late now for MD and your scores are not competitive. Use that money to splurge on yourself and family. And if you feel generous, you can always donate to organizations of your choice.

URM or ORM? If URM, then I might give it a shot

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
No. It's too late now for MD and your scores are not competitive. Use that money to splurge on yourself and family. And if you feel generous, you can always donate to organizations of your choice.

URM or ORM? If URM, then I might give it a shot
In the age of COVID, I would not say it's too late if you can submit secondaries within the next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
In the age of COVID, I would not say it's too late if you can submit secondaries within the next week.
Even @Goro said it's late for MD. It may not be late if you are a superstar, which in this case it's not (unless OP has some phenomenal stuff we dont know of)

Even @Goro said it's late for MD. It may not be late if you are a superstar, which in this case it's not (unless OP has some phenomenal stuff we dont know of)
In normal cycles, yes. I'm at Cincy's College of Medicine and some of my profs are on the selection committee here. They believe that in the age of COVID it it still not too late, and I asked them this previous Friday.

Hello,

I've applied super broadly to many DO schools and just received my MCAT back of 506, with a super score of 508. My cGPA is 3.51 and sGPA is 3.26. I know my stats are definitely lower end for MD, is it worth submitting to a few of them?

Not with those stats.

You're fine for DO, and their cycle is longer.

In normal cycles, yes. I'm at Cincy's College of Medicine and some of my profs are on the selection committee here. They believe that in the age of COVID it it still not too late, and I asked them this previous Friday.
Thank you. That's nice to know but I wonder if this is only specific at your school. Still, I wont recommend OP apply to MD given their stats at this point.

Thank you. That's nice to know but I wonder if this is only specific at your school. Still, I wont recommend OP apply to MD given their stats at this point.
With OP's stats, I would agree with you. DO is the best option if they do not want to sit a cycle.

Hello,

I dont think that there are many medical schools which superscore the MCAT. Does anybody know which ones do ?

They usually take the average total or the total higher score.

Correct, Cinci has barely sent out any interviews yet. They are not the norm.