Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Get a man to do it? Duh?What if you need surgery on your hand? What then? :O
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Get a man to do it? Duh?What if you need surgery on your hand? What then? :O
My left hand has been operated on by the hand orthopedist for the St. Louis Cardinals. If I needed surgery on my hand again, I would go back to him. As far as I know he doesn't have any controversial positions...
but how did the RNA get there without proteins
I don't remember the answer to these questions. I do remember that it is really not that much of a mystery anymore. If anyone is truly interested in finding the answers, and not in rationalizing an ideology, you can spend some loving time with google scholar.is there literature saying rna plays the role of all proteins required in translation
not afaik, it's only hinted at by the role of tRNA doing the real work and the fact that the proteins really only act as a catalystic scaffoldis there literature saying rna plays the role of all proteins required in translation
He does this instead of sleepingIf you are a vascular surgeon, why are you trolling online forums? Don't you have surgeon things to do?
What? There is no clear answer to it. A research project in my undergrad lab was dedicated to adding onto protein's arsenal in claiming the origin of lifeI don't remember the answer to these questions. I do remember that it is really not that much of a mystery anymore. If anyone is truly interested in finding the answers, and not in rationalizing an ideology, you can spend some loving time with google scholar.
not afaik, it's only hinted at by the role of tRNA doing the real work and the fact that the proteins really only act as a catalystic scaffold
sort of like we have no direct evidence that a symbiotic event could really make the jump from endocytosis of another unicellular organism into the current mitochondrial system
He does this instead of sleeping
it is a clear fact
oh ffs I don't even punctuate half my sentences, i'm low hanging fruit for poor spellcheck
I'm actually waiting for a transfer that was supposed to get her an hour ago. Otherwise I would actually be asleep -.-.
Isn't being late to relieve people like, extremely unacceptable and punished with extra shifts?I'm actually waiting for a transfer that was supposed to get her an hour ago. Otherwise I would actually be asleep -.-.
I'm so damn confused right nowIt's not a fact, it's a conclusion. Speculation.
Welcome to medicine.I'm so damn confused right now
without that catalystic scaffold it could take years... how would it even survive. Dammit now I want to look at the literaturenot afaik, it's only hinted at by the role of tRNA doing the real work and the fact that the proteins really only act as a catalystic scaffold
sort of like we have no direct evidence that a symbiotic event could really make the jump from endocytosis of another unicellular organism into the current mitochondrial system
He does this instead of sleeping
without that catalystic scaffold it could take years... how would it even survive. Dammit now I want to look at the literature
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3495036/without that catalystic scaffold it could take years... how would it even survive. Dammit now I want to look at the literature
Although simple, the fact that the time for RNA to evolve into proteins is just too long in the time the Earth has existed is a simple, but is the biggest detriment to the RNA World Theory. You can look it up, theres people who claim there as a RNA-Peptide theory where both existed simultaneously, but is extremely unlikely all life originated from just RNA, it is a clear fact
I'm sure it could have survived without a catalystic scaffoldwithout that catalystic scaffold it could take years... how would it even survive. Dammit now I want to look at the literature
You're research sounds cutting-edge. My response was more generally directed, and I don't remember hearing about these objections in molecular bio, but I'll take you're word for it. As for a certain trolling user, they could at least go about it in an entertaining way.What? There is no clear answer to it. A research project in my undergrad lab was dedicated to adding onto protein's arsenal in claiming the origin of life
Although simple, the fact that the time for RNA to evolve into proteins is just too long in the time the Earth has existed is a simple, but is the biggest detriment to the RNA World Theory. You can look it up, theres people who claim there as a RNA-Peptide theory where both existed simultaneously, but is extremely unlikely all life originated from just RNA, it is a clear fact
EDIT: Im convinced SusanGMaxwell is a SND regular on a troll account, her posts are too spot on for a newbie
I'm sure it could have survived without a catalystic scaffold
The idea with the RNA World Theory is that it would catalyze the peptide bonds to make proteins. Amino acids could have existed in the prebiotic earth, there has been one experiment in particular that showed the energy from a lightning bolt coupled with the elements that was present on earth (CO2, ammonia, HCN) can create amino acids and dipeptides. RNA having already existed would then catalyze the peptide bonds to transition into peptidesI suppose the RNA could have evolved somewhere else and then got deposited on Earth back in the day when it was constantly bombarded by asteroids and thangs.
Ok...but how did those RNA/proteins evolve? Changing the location of evolution doesn't change anything...assuming we are still in this realm.I suppose the RNA/proteins could have evolved somewhere else and then got deposited on Earth back in the day when it was constantly bombarded by asteroids and thangs.
Lol I dunno dude, how is photosynthesis, one of the oldest and most core features of life, so crappy that you have to adapt CAM and C4 to deal with its ******* tendency to do the exact opposite process its supposed to? How does eating a smaller bacterium let you replicate it in all your offspring/divisions?without that catalystic scaffold it could take years... how would it even survive. Dammit now I want to look at the literature
I think they even mentioned ark theory in Cosmos, that life going into space and crashing back down was probably necessary to explain how anything survived early on, even if it was only ever originally from earthI suppose the RNA could have evolved somewhere else and then got deposited on Earth back in the day when it was constantly bombarded by asteroids and thangs.
But how would catalytic RNA just form itself?The idea with the RNA World Theory is that it would catalyze the peptide bonds to make proteins. Amino acids could have exited in the prebiotic earth, there has been one experiment in particular that showed the energy from a lightning bolt coupled with the elements that was present on earth (CO2, ammonia, HCN) can create amino acids and dipeptides. RNA having already existed would then catalyze the peptide bonds to transition into peptides
What would happen if you "accidentally" fell asleep in your chair?
Isn't being late to relieve people like, extremely unacceptable and punished with extra shifts?
omfg how is this hard to followOk...but how did those RNA/proteins evolve? Changing the location of evolution doesn't change anything...assuming we are still in this realm.
So you explanation of the evolution of promordial RNA is "floaty bits just got together in a lucky way". *******.omfg how is this hard to follow
floaty bits + lightning = protein pieces floating around
RNA occurs once and can both replicate itself and put those protein pieces together to make **** that helps it continue and on the cycle goes until BOOM you're sitting here a few billion years later struggling to grasp it all
The idea with the RNA World Theory is that it would catalyze the peptide bonds to make proteins. Amino acids could have existed in the prebiotic earth, there has been one experiment in particular that showed the energy from a lightning bolt coupled with the elements that was present on earth (CO2, ammonia, HCN) can create amino acids and dipeptides. RNA having already existed would then catalyze the peptide bonds to transition into peptides
Ok...but how did those RNA/proteins evolve? Changing the location of evolution doesn't change anything...assuming we are still in this realm.
Sounds like a load of BS.I was responding to the assertion that RNA couldn't have evolved into proteins because there wasn't enough time on Earth for that to happen. Don't ask me how these things evolved because I don't know.
that's what she said"floaty bits just got together in a lucky way".
You enjoy trolls a little too much hahaomfg how is this hard to follow
floaty bits + lightning = protein pieces floating around
RNA occurs once and can both replicate itself and put those protein pieces together to make **** that helps it continue and on the cycle goes until BOOM you're sitting here a few billion years later struggling to grasp it all
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11358999is there literature saying rna plays the role of all proteins required in translation
Outside interventionBut how would catalytic RNA just form itself?
Amen! Preach it brother.Outside intervention
this is like, most of chemistry. it just happens at various speeds. reproted 4 meanfloaty bits just got together in a lucky way
I really ****ing doYou enjoy trolls a little too much haha
So you explanation of the evolution of promordial RNA is "floaty bits just got together in a lucky way". *******.
Ummm....the ****? Evolution is obviously related to the predation of RNA vs. proteins. All other aspects of evolution are abundantly obvious and overflowing with evidence. /thread.I knew this thread would get derailed, never would have expected it to be because people were arguing whether RNA or protein predated life first
A person's strength as a scientist/doctor is largely innate intelligence and work ethic. A person's religious beliefs are defined almost entirely by that person's childhood. Ben Carson went from the very bottom to the very top, all by trusting in his religion, so of course he holds dear to it. It is his religion that got him this far, so for him to reject his religion would be stupid.
I knew this thread would get derailed, never would have expected it to be because people were arguing whether RNA or protein predated life first
Ummm....the ****? Evolution is obviously related to the predation of RNA vs. proteins. All other aspects of evolution are abundantly obvious and overflowing with evidence. /thread.
Oh god you don't want to invite me there.I think this party should head over to the gender debate thread
No.The RNA vs. proteins debate is an abiogenesis question, not evolution.
I think we explored every single aspect of that argumentI think this party should head over to the gender debate thread
but there's another thread on whether female doctors are attractive or not.I think we explored every single aspect of that argument
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.