Would I be considered URM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DiffusionJones

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm Japanese but I was born in Argentina. I lived there until I was 5, then I moved to Ohio.

Can I put that I am Hispanic on my apps?
 
I really do not think that 5 years of living in Argentina (birth to age 5) will make you Hispanic in their eyes even in a stretch.

If you put that in and you get an interview, you are likely going to be assumed to be lying.

I do however think this is an interesting fact about you that might score a diversity point elsewhere though.