Would this class count as an upper-level biology lab?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mstpgrind

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am considering taking a class called " Laboratory Techniques in Biomedical Research" that is a 400 level class in the physiology department. However, it is an online class. Would I have to take an in-person lab next year as well, or would this satisfy my upper-level biology lab requirement?

Additionally, I have the chance to take it as either a 1 or 2 credit class - would I be able to take it as a 1 credit class and still have it count as a medical school lab prerequisite? I've seen no minimum credit hours for prereqs, but as a computer science major, I will be taking very few biology classes relative to bio majors (so I was thinking med schools might want to see more bio credit hours).

However, I was hoping the 1 credit option would be okay as I'd like to devote more time to ECs than class.
 
If this is a lecture based class that discusses lab techniques rather than you performing them in an actual laboratory, then its not a lab class.

Also, Ive never seen any school require any Bio course aside from Bio 1 and 2.