Would withdrawing or not submitting secondaries adversely affect your chances if you reapply?

Started by vl166
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vl166

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For example lets say next cycle, i decide to reapply (to mostly different schools) do you think other schools would see that I didn't submit some secondaries/I withdrew from a few schools and look at me negatively?

Theres about 9 schools that im considering withdrawing from for a variety of reasons:
1) my secondaries are very late (>4 weeks)
2) Theres some schools I don't see myself going to anymore after doing more research
3) I don't think I'll be accepted.

Has anyone been in a similar position and can comment on this?
 
Thanks for your response @gyngyn ! Do you think it'll reflect bad on me as an applicant if other schools (not even sure if they can see it) see that I didn't submit 9 secondaries/withdrew from 9 schools?

-4 of them i truly don't see myself going to
-5 of them i feel like my chances are quite slim
-I feel like all of them in general are just late at this point

I'm also currently in a special masters program and at this point I feel like it's much more important for me to concentrate on my grades and do well. I've already submitted my top priority schools where I feel that I have much better chances. I guess I'm just concerned about having some sort of "bad record."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jw - is reapplicant status based on a previous primary submission or secondary submission? Or does this vary by school?
 
Thanks for your response @gyngyn ! Do you think it'll reflect bad on me as an applicant if other schools (not even sure if they can see it) see that I didn't submit 9 secondaries/withdrew from 9 schools?

-4 of them i truly don't see myself going to
-5 of them i feel like my chances are quite slim
-I feel like all of them in general are just late at this point

I'm also currently in a special masters program and at this point I feel like it's much more important for me to concentrate on my grades and do well. I've already submitted my top priority schools where I feel that I have much better chances. I guess I'm just concerned about having some sort of "bad record."
You are a re-applicant everywhere you submit a primary application.
We can only see that you are a re-applicant to our school.
We never see where else you applied (except in TX).
Some schools do ask about all previous attempts, though.