Would you still do pharmacy school If it was the right price?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zona2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would invest the $40k to go to a software engineering bootcamp such as Hack Reactor.

I would invest the $40k to go to a software engineering bootcamp such as Hack Reactor.

Coding bootcamps usually cost only about $10k which is even better. Once you get out, you can earn a little less than a pharmacist can with only about 12 weeks of education instead of an additional 4 years.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone

So my case is unique because i got into pharmacy school instate and my loan total for the 4 years of pharm school and undergrad combined (already finished it with less than 10k in loans) would be between 30k to 40k. Given the circumstances of oversaturation but at the same time the really cheap price of the program would you continue through pharmacy school or still would move on to other options?

Go for it if that's what you want to do.
You can pay back that loan in a year after school .

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I would totally do it, but don't plan on getting a job as a pharmacist. With $40k in loans you can afford to take an entry level job in something else.

This again?

Never