wound care clinic and hyperbaric treatment opportunity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AndyDufrane

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi so in my hospital, an administrator is trying to sell me on becoming more involved w/ wound care clinic, specifically hyperbaric treatment, she says I would essentially just have to be in the building and available to assess the patient while they are getting hyperbaric treatment, a company will provide training for me, then the vascular surgeon who runs the wound clinic approached me too, stating if I was interested in wound clinic, I would be sent away for more training and he would have me follow him to learn debridement, so I told them I will think about, not sure if its worth my time since I am a solo private practitioner, has anyone had any experience with wound care clinics and hyperbaric treatment, any input would be appreciated. thank you

Members don't see this ad.

can be lucrative, most surgeons only want to do the OR cases, so the simple debridements can be done by PMR, FP etc.
What you need to ask yourself is : "Is this something I enjoy doing?" They will demand a lot of time from you (I'd guess a few half days a week) and do you want to spend your time on this?

Sounds great but the patients can be complex medically and if things go bad they go bad. Like limbs going bad. I wouldn't go near it.

I've read and replied to a lot of your posts over the years. The hospital you work for seems to try and push you around a lot.

Thanks Xardas, this wound care opportunity was presented to me if I wanted to pursue it, but nothing is being shoved down my throat. And yes, I have gotten pushed around, but I am only out 2 years from training, so I expected it, although it has gotten less as I went from a hospital employed physician to solo private practice, but this is my second hospital system I am dealing with, I have learned real fast that its quite easy to get pushed around by hospitals, less so in a less saturated area