WOW first practice MCAT

Started by Flmike44
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Flmike44

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just took my first one AAMC # 8 which I have read is pretty hard. Now I have not been studying and dont really have great skills to begin with in these subjects, got good grades in class but never focused.

I always figured come MCAT time I would buckle down and work, so I started with a practice test to see where Im at.

I got a 23, am I crazy to be happy? I really see myself improving easily 3-4 points in each section when I say I havent thought about this stuff in a while its an understatement (2 years).

Not to mention I am somewhat relieved I really thought I was gonna get a 12 lol, I am confortable after taking this test, that intuition is big!!! I was afraid I would be eating alive by calculations but I held my own using logic and common sense. Now time to study and get over a 30 my real goal.

WHat do you guys think, do I have a false sense of security, or giving circumstances should I be confortable, FYI P.S. = 6 Verbal= 9 and Bio=8 I personally see a large improving coming, I am taking exam late July and quit my job to study full time, thankfully I did not score a 12 thats all I can say.
 
I just took my first one AAMC # 8 which I have read is pretty hard. Now I have not been studying and dont really have great skills to begin with in these subjects, got good grades in class but never focused.

I always figured come MCAT time I would buckle down and work, so I started with a practice test to see where Im at.

I got a 23, am I crazy to be happy? I really see myself improving easily 3-4 points in each section when I say I havent thought about this stuff in a while its an understatement (2 years).

Not to mention I am somewhat relieved I really thought I was gonna get a 12 lol, I am confortable after taking this test, that intuition is big!!! I was afraid I would be eating alive by calculations but I held my own using logic and common sense. Now time to study and get over a 30 my real goal.

WHat do you guys think, do I have a false sense of security, or giving circumstances should I be confortable, FYI P.S. = 6 Verbal= 9 and Bio=8 I personally see a large improving coming, I am taking exam late July and quit my job to study full time, thankfully I did not score a 12 thats all I can say.

No, but you are crazy for wasting a good assessment tool.
 
The first practice test I took was a 24. I started it at 10:00 PM and took it in less than 2.5 hours.

I then studied for 3 months while working full time and taking a 3 credit class.

Scored a 31 on the real thing. Lower than I wanted, but higher than my minimum cut-off point.

dsoz
 
I just took my first one AAMC # 8 which I have read is pretty hard. Now I have not been studying and dont really have great skills to begin with in these subjects, got good grades in class but never focused.

I always figured come MCAT time I would buckle down and work, so I started with a practice test to see where Im at.

I got a 23, am I crazy to be happy? I really see myself improving easily 3-4 points in each section when I say I havent thought about this stuff in a while its an understatement (2 years).

Not to mention I am somewhat relieved I really thought I was gonna get a 12 lol, I am confortable after taking this test, that intuition is big!!! I was afraid I would be eating alive by calculations but I held my own using logic and common sense. Now time to study and get over a 30 my real goal.

WHat do you guys think, do I have a false sense of security, or giving circumstances should I be confortable, FYI P.S. = 6 Verbal= 9 and Bio=8 I personally see a large improving coming, I am taking exam late July and quit my job to study full time, thankfully I did not score a 12 thats all I can say.

I would have taken either the AAMC assessment or AAMC 3 instead. Taking AAMC 8 is, as was mentioned above, a waste. You should save those practice tests for the month before the test.