Wright State U Boonshoft Class of 2011 -- Official Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey JJ, is the tempurpedic really that good? I'm definitely looking for the best bed, I figure if I'm not going to be getting tons of sleep, then it had better be high quality, ha.

Scrub color...Green, no idea why, maybe because the surgeons wear it at my hospital and I'm always around it. Oh yeah, and maybe because I smuggled out 3 sets because they make the best pajamas. Take that OSU.

Members don't see this ad.

I've worked at a furniture store during every break since my junior year in high school. Trust me... the Tempurpedic is worth it. Just go lay on one for 30 seconds and you'll buy it. Every time my boss was out of the store I would happen to go "test them for endurance." :D That was my favorite part of the job. All joking aside, they are great matresses with a great warranty... I'm not paid to say that. Anway, be ready to sell a kidney to afford one though.

As far as scrubs go... i like the traditional blue. Don't know why, maybe because that was the color of my first pair?

Oh yeah... It's great to see we've made it to a second page!!!

Yeah, I just noticed that we are now a two-page thread, awesome, I feel so legit now.

Rugger, a kidney? Damn that's steep. Could they let a full tempurpedic go for like a gall bladder and a few feet of intestine?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey JJ, is the tempurpedic really that good? I'm definitely looking for the best bed, I figure if I'm not going to be getting tons of sleep, then it had better be high quality, ha.

Scrub color...Green, no idea why, maybe because the surgeons wear it at my hospital and I'm always around it. Oh yeah, and maybe because I smuggled out 3 sets because they make the best pajamas. Take that OSU.

HANDS DOWN the Tempurpedic is the BEST BED INTHE WORLD. You know the commercial..."memory foam". It really is that. I would encourage ANYONE to take a look at that bed. It is possibly the most expensive mattress, but I have never heard a bad word about it. A full size bed runs around $800...at least in Columbus. But, if you are in Columbus, go to Tuttle Mall, they have one in one of the stores (or just go to any mattress store...haha). It is great for people with back problems. The ONLY disadvantage I have been told about the mattress is that, and I quote(from a friend):" If you buy it, I want you to know it is so good, that you will never be able to sleep on any other mattress ever...not at hotels, people's houses, anywhere else."

Divine....the mattress I bought was half off...so, it was a steal.

oops forgot...has anyone run into problems about paying for their apartment with the loans they will have? I contacted the Charter Woods apartments (literally a 5 second drive from campus), and they said I would not be able to pay with loans b/c I have to have a stated income. So...anyone know what to do to get around that?:confused:

oops forgot...has anyone run into problems about paying for their apartment with the loans they will have? I contacted the Charter Woods apartments (literally a 5 second drive from campus), and they said I would not be able to pay with loans b/c I have to have a stated income. So...anyone know what to do to get around that?:confused:

Hmmm, can you just state your income, then? lol. Tell 'em it's 90K. No, but seriously, why wouldn't you be able to pay for housing with money from your bank account? If the loans are coming in and being paid to you, why is it their business WHERE the money explicitly comes from? Maybe a cosigner would be able to soothe their fears about you suddenly having no money/defaulting on a lease agreement due to no stated income?

I have an independent broker (read: my brother's landlord) out househunting now. From his perspective, finding a great apartment is political, not exactly a truth-only business.

And for the record, I have to say guys that I would not be willing to give up an organ or any specific measurement of my stretchier internal organs for a mattress....but possibly for a live-in chef. Or barring that, extremely awesome cookware. Maybe it's a woman thing, dunno. I like the sound of the memory foam....it could double as entertainment...watching the foam slowly reshape.

I love, read it love, Ohio prices.

Oh, and I love that the welcome page has consistently said that convocation is July 30...or Monday. I told Theresa in admissions that today; she seemed surprised that anyone had noticed. Or maybe hadn't noticed already. lol.

I was dating a girl in a PhD program who had the same problem. What you need to show them is your financial aid statement (in her case it was her award letter for the program) that you'll get from the school. It will state the status of your loans, scholarships, etc. It shouldn't be a problem after awards are determined.

However, the awards don't kick in until after school starts, meaning that all the initial payments have to come out of pocket.

Divine...I hear you on the live-in chef. I have this horrible feeling that I won't be eating as well as I should in med school, call it a hunch.

I was dating a girl in a PhD program who had the same problem. What you need to show them is your financial aid statement (in her case it was her award letter for the program) that you'll get from the school. It will state the status of your loans, scholarships, etc. It shouldn't be a problem after awards are determined.

However, the awards don't kick in until after school starts, meaning that all the initial payments have to come out of pocket.

Divine...I hear you on the live-in chef. I have this horrible feeling that I won't be eating as well as I should in med school, call it a hunch.

Hmm...well then I think we should spend the next few months specializing in a certain cuisine and then have each other over for dinner in a rotation, lol. I was a chef in Israel for a kibbutz--about 40 volunteers each night depended on me for dinner--and my "kitchen" was an abandoned kindergarten. I had like one pot, a stove from 1935 where making the burners work involved kindling and flint, a melted plastic spatula, and some forks. There may or may not have been plates, but we did have frisbees. I was younger and more adaptable then, but I feel if that worked, then eating in medical school *MIGHT* not be a problem. Maybe.

I think that's a great idea. I was had a similar line of thinking, sort of a "healthy lifestyles club". Members could exchange names and interests, if you were a weight lifter, find someone to lift with; a jogger, find someone to keep you company. I've found that it is always easier to keep up an active lifestyle when you can lean on someone else from time to time. Then, every week or so, the club could meet for a dinner at a member's house. What do you think?

I think that's a great idea. I was had a similar line of thinking, sort of a "healthy lifestyles club". Members could exchange names and interests, if you were a weight lifter, find someone to lift with; a jogger, find someone to keep you company. I've found that it is always easier to keep up an active lifestyle when you can lean on someone else from time to time. Then, every week or so, the club could meet for a dinner at a member's house. What do you think?

Well that's a terrific idea and you're absolutely right, being in an exercise group does inspire and support.....I work out daily and would love company doing it. The gym at WSU Student Union is very very nice, btw. I'm actively hoping they allow us in prior to the start of the year.

I'd join the club. And (dusts lapel), I can cook. :cool: What kind of exercise do you like? Open forum question.

I really enjoy cycling, I'm not quite as big a fan of running, I had a pretty bad ankle injury when I was younger so I try for low impact during cardio. I lifted a lot more when I was younger (like 3 years ago), but I'm more into cardio work now. I'm really excited about intramurals too, I played a lot of soccer when I was a kid, I'd really like to get back into it.

You should definitely use that budget sheet they gave out at the interview (its on the web too) as a template for budget during the year once you have most of your bills figured out because it can help you out big time once classes start and you don't have time to do anything but eat and study

Boonshoft WSU SOM 2009

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm guessing everyone is out enjoying the nice weather instead of lurking on SDN. I can not wait to get out of work today, having a window in my lab is torture on a day like today.

Well, I am pretty new to the whole Studentdoctor thing, but I have just recently committed to WSU. I wanted to know if anyone else was struggling with a choice between WSU and another school? And how they are handling makign thier decision?:confused:

Yup, had to choose between WSU, UC, and MUO. I spent a lot of time checking out the match lists, I wanted to go to a school that was putting a lot of people into the most competitive field that I was considering entering (that make sense?). That field was orthopaedic surgery, WSU was matching it like crazy, one point for WSU. I have been involved in research for the past 4 years, back into my sophomore year in college, and I know that I don't want to spend all my time in the lab so not being a huge research school was not a strike against WSU. Lastly, I wanted to be at a smaller institution that would teach to the boards. I was very impressed at my interview, another point for WSU. So, that is where I ended up. Who were you choosing between?

Whew, polo, TODAY is the nice day I wish I was outside enjoying...but fortunately I didn't spend too much time lurking. Well, here, anyway. Facebook, however, is an amazing timesuck. Simpler than Myspace, with the illusion of maturity...

Anyway, congrats Xavier and welcome to our growing class. :)

hey thanks for the heads up. ill ask more indepth questions next time they throw me out on the street! ha ha. blah for out of pocket expenses!

:D I love working out....but i hate the bike, so so sorry. When i was in track we had to do the bike (cycling) for a different cardio training...it always hurt my butt! Exercise really keeps my mind clear when studying...I LOVE STUDYING WHILE I RUN...its a fetish for sure! Its cool to hear about the alarming similarities med students seem to have in common (this being one of them...and liking scrubs...and other stuff). Ok, not too many things, oh well.

I am all for the group dinner thing, i love cooking for people. While i was waiting for my letter from WSU (along with my habit of plucking out my right eyebrow out of nervousness or drinking half a container of chocolate syrup or eating half a box of SOFT chocolate cookies) I watched the cooking channel non-stop for 2 months. It drastically improved my cooking in my apartment! lol

Anyone else have really weird nervous habits? (open forum question )

congrades Xavier....I hope you make a choice soon!

Hello everyone! I have decided to attend Wright State, and I am glad to see all the activity on this thread. BTW, did anyone get their Wright State e-mail address yet? I finally received the password for the welcome page, but I thought I had read something about receiving an e-mail address as well for future communications.

Hello everyone! I have decided to attend Wright State, and I am glad to see all the activity on this thread. BTW, did anyone get their Wright State e-mail address yet? I finally received the password for the welcome page, but I thought I had read something about receiving an e-mail address as well for future communications.

I actually recieved a postcard thingy that says i can be updated on my financial status if i go to the WINGS webpage and then type in my username and password that was given to me in my acceptance packet....but i did NOT GET any of the info in my packet. So, i gotta call them. I have the number and ill give more info later when i get it...

Totally forgot to congratulate Xavier, congrats, and congrats to WSU2011. Good to see that JJ, Divine, and Myself are going to have some help carrying this thread.

Nervous habit, I chew on my tongue, I always used to be accused of chewing gum in class in high school. I have no idea where the inclination to chew on one's tongue comes from, but I just find myself doing it. Wierd.

Also, good to see that there is some interest in a healthy living club, I think it could really turn into a great support/study/health resource.

JJ, when did you get the postcard, I would be very intested to see what kind of financial awards they are giving out.

JJ, when did you get the postcard, I would be very intested to see what kind of financial awards they are giving out.

hey ok, i got more info for you guys. I got the postcard and it says, go to this website and get more info... wings.wright.edu
YOur username and password were SUPPOSED to come with the acceptance letter...but mine didnt. So, the number they give us to call is toll free...anyone can get it if they go to the website, so i can post it... 1888-775-4827. They ask you a bunch of questions to make sure it is you, then give the info to you. But, hopefully that will help out more.

hey ok, i got more info for you guys. I got the postcard and it says, go to this website and get more info... wings.wright.edu
YOur username and password were SUPPOSED to come with the acceptance letter...but mine didnt. So, the number they give us to call is toll free...anyone can get it if they go to the website, so i can post it... 1888-775-4827. They ask you a bunch of questions to make sure it is you, then give the info to you. But, hopefully that will help out more.

Thanks for the advice. My acceptance letter did not have that info either. I called up and got my e-mail info. It is sort of strange that they sent that postcard to us saying that the financial aid information is available when it definitely isn't.

Thanks for the advice. My acceptance letter did not have that info either. I called up and got my e-mail info. It is sort of strange that they sent that postcard to us saying that the financial aid information is available when it definitely isn't.

ya really...mine wasnt there either

So I'm finally writing again! Glad to see more people going to WSU.

I did have to decide between OSU and WSU. I liked both schools, both interviews, and if I had lived closer to Columbus, it would have been a more difficult decision. I was considering the ISP at OSU, but when I found out that I'd have to live in Columbus during the third year, I figured that defeated the purpose. I don't want to miss an entire year of my family when I can go to another good school that's only 10 minutes away. I also think the structure of courses and more interaction with my classmates will be good for me. However, if I hadn't had logistical issues, I would have ended up choosing OSU just because they are much better and communication than WSU. I get updates all the time from OSU telling me when things will be, who to call if I need help, etc. I kind of feel like WSU has forgotten that I'm going to be there in the fall.

Answer to fitness stuff: I like to jog (but am not in shape enough to enjoy it yet!) and lift weights. WSU is supposed to have a better fitness center when we start, so that'll be good.

So my daughter just got her tonsils out yesterday. She has been in quite a bit of pain, although today is so much better than yesterday. The ENT who did the surgery has some affiliation with WSU, and the experience there makes me think I want to do a rotation with him in a few years.

I have another question for everybody: Does anybody have an idea of what kind of medicine they want to practice? Every time I think I know what I'm interested in, I find something else! Neurology keeps coming back to me, though. I figure I'll have a better idea when I've experienced more.

I have a cousin who is now a practicing derm, but he told me to try and go in with an open mind about where you want to end up, so I'm trying to not rule anything out yet. However, I have spent a lot of time in clinical shadowing and research with a group of Hem/Onc's. I am really beginning to gravitate towards this specialty because the docs remind me of me. Other than that, I'm trying to stay centered.

Whoo, I've been away five minutes and it feels like forever! Hi WSU and DocH...welcome to the party in progress. And thanks a TON, jj, for that phone number. I don't know why, but Ohio mail doesn't seem to get into New Jersey. Maybe it's because people here only believe that NY and PA exist, and everything else is that grey area on the map, "Where Dragons Be?"

Anyway, on the fitness thread--I'm into weightlifting and cardio, although unlike you, jj, I have to do absolutely nothing brainy while exercising. Actually, in terms of weird habits, I like to watch music videos while listening to completely different songs on my ipod...while running. Please feel free to laugh.

And on the speciality thread...hmm...right now I'm thinking hematology/oncology, but I'm not sure I could tell you the absolute motivation. Dr. Groopman (author of some great case study nonfiction) is a personal hero...Jewish, devoted to patient care, good writer...good doctor, so maybe it's emulation.

Time is flying!!!

Answer to fitness stuff: I like to jog (but am not in shape enough to enjoy it yet!) and lift weights. WSU is supposed to have a better fitness center when we start, so that'll be good.

Actually, it's open and it's gorgeous. The student center in general is pretty goodlooking.

im glad all the phone numbers and websites have helped those who also didnt get the info about financial aid. But how is the apartment hunting going for everyone that is getting one? I have been looking at the Charter Woods Apartments, they are so close and very nice. They ended up saying that my loans would be fine for payment and I dont need a statment of employment (or whatever). oooh im so excited!:D

ive worked out at WSU's gym...it rocks! Side note:Funny thing though, i just went to a new gym yesterday and they had all the newest equipment. They had each treadmill/eliptical/etc equiped with its own T.V. IT was crazy.

DocH hope your daughter is relieved from her pain soon!

im glad all the phone numbers and websites have helped those who also didnt get the info about financial aid. But how is the apartment hunting going for everyone that is getting one? I have been looking at the Charter Woods Apartments, they are so close and very nice. They ended up saying that my loans would be fine for payment and I dont need a statment of employment (or whatever). oooh im so excited!:D

ive worked out at WSU's gym...it rocks! Side note:Funny thing though, i just went to a new gym yesterday and they had all the newest equipment. They had each treadmill/eliptical/etc equiped with its own T.V. IT was crazy.

DocH hope your daughter is relieved from her pain soon!

lol, here the gyms all have individual TVs on each piece of cardio equipment...I had taken that for the standard. I'm not actively looking for apartments until June, but I'm flying out from June 11-15 and the sole goal is to get a place, furnish it mildly, then fly back and drive my 11-yr-old car out. Hahahah. I feel pretty happy-go-lucky about it--or more pertinently, I'm letting my immediate family handle the housing particulars. I'm glad you've found a place.

So against all allopathic cynical forum advice I'm reading Gray's Anatomy for Students, kind of idly, just keeping it on the bedside table. Everyone says, "Take time off and don't do anything serious!" but I feel like maybe it's doing my soul good to prepare. If by "prepare" I mean, "amuse myself by sounding out the Greek letters in each linguistic reference for pieces of the cranium." I felt like a middle-schooler caught out last night, giggling at the female anatomical names for different pieces of the temporal and sphenoid bones.

Is anyone else secretly paging through medical reference even though all our advisors say don't do it and you're pretty much wasting your time?

JJ,

Thanks for the info for financial aid, etc. I called and got set up really easily.

And my daughter is feeling somewhat better, but she's still in pain. She gets Tylenol every 3 hours, even through the night. Well, last night, I slept through the 4:30am dose, and I felt horrible. She woke up in a lot of pain about 7am, trying not to cry because it made it hurt worse. Who would have thought something as small as tonsils could cause so much difficulty? And, she had to sit through Easter dinner eating only a few bites of mashed potatoes before giving up. When she can eat again, I'm taking her out for a big dinner wherever she wants to go!

Divine,

I really want to start reading for school, but I have some other work I need to finish first. I haven't had anatomy since my sophomore year in high school (back when some of you were probably just starting kindergarten...), and I'd like to be able to have an idea of what we're learning before school starts. I want to see what textbooks we're supposed to buy, because I want to get them! I've heard we use Netter's Atlas, so I may just go ahead and get it. I'm know I can be a little OCD, but I figure anything I can read and learn now will only help me when school starts. Burnout will come at some point anyway, but I don't think reading a little Gray's Anatomy will make it any worse.

Divine,

I really want to start reading for school, but I have some other work I need to finish first. I haven't had anatomy since my sophomore year in high school (back when some of you were probably just starting kindergarten...), and I'd like to be able to have an idea of what we're learning before school starts. I want to see what textbooks we're supposed to buy, because I want to get them! I've heard we use Netter's Atlas, so I may just go ahead and get it. I'm know I can be a little OCD, but I figure anything I can read and learn now will only help me when school starts. Burnout will come at some point anyway, but I don't think reading a little Gray's Anatomy will make it any worse.

DocH,

I'd love to know our textbooks as well, and I think we're all of us so far a little OCD, which I think we should collectively transform into a rallying slogan of strength (grin). My best wishes to your daughter as well. Oh, and just to clear up the financial aid thing, have you actually received your award amount yet? I got the email/postcard/nonsense response from Tupper ... but no actual figures.

I would also really like a textbook list. I too have been told to "relax and enjoy your summer". I just can't do it though, I've been waiting for what seems like forever to start and I want to hit the ground running. While at work I have been reviewing gross anatomy on a umich website (it's really useful).

Haven't found an apartment yet either, planning on locking one down sometime in June. Hey JJ, how close is the complex you were looking at to campus?

I haven't received anything about my award amount yet. All I can do is log onto the Wings & Wings Express Website now. The lack of communication from WSU makes me a little nervous. I feel like they've forgotten about us!

I still keep checking the calendars on their website too, to see if any of the course schedules are up (and, of course, textbooks), even though I know they won't be. I'm glad they put up the overall schedule, though. At least we know our course and final exam schedule through next June! OCD unite :)

I would also really like a textbook list. I too have been told to "relax and enjoy your summer". I just can't do it though, I've been waiting for what seems like forever to start and I want to hit the ground running. While at work I have been reviewing gross anatomy on a umich website (it's really useful).

Haven't found an apartment yet either, planning on locking one down sometime in June. Hey JJ, how close is the complex you were looking at to campus?

ya, my apartment is about 1 min away (driving) and on nice days it takes about a 7 minute walk. most students walk on that campus from these apartments. Ive been down there so much the past two years b/c of my ex, i know it pretty well. So, if you have any questions about the apts, i hope i can help (but only about the ones close to campus). If any of them are on Zink Rd...that is very close to the school and where most of the students live off campus. However, some of those apts suck...so check with someone, anyone about which ones they are.

i havent heard anything about doing nothing before school. I dont see why it would hurt to study a little. I mean i studied during the summers of my college years before school. Granted med school will be a little harder (HA)...but um...im takin a good luck at gross anatomy...on people...HAHA...ok bad joke. im tired (will be my excuse for my bad jokes).

i think i can wait a little longer until school starts, i cant wait to start but i really wanna enjoy my summer.

I know that the lack of communication can be a bit annoying. I'm going to guess that since classes aren't really locked in until the end of May, there isn't a perceived need for constant communication. It definitely doesn't seem fair for those of us that are OCD and want to know exactly what is happening exactly when it happens. When the lines of communication are opened it is going to be a deluge so everyone prepare yourself.

I know that the lack of communication can be a bit annoying. I'm going to guess that since classes aren't really locked in until the end of May, there isn't a perceived need for constant communication. It definitely doesn't seem fair for those of us that are OCD and want to know exactly what is happening exactly when it happens. When the lines of communication are opened it is going to be a deluge so everyone prepare yourself.

::passes out some flimsy umbrellas and a robe for JJ's "gross anatomy"::... But see how ahead of the curve we already are? Keeping each other informed and pooling our rumors and resources?

Oh and speaking of, I will be attempting early next week to find out who our AMA rep is...the recommendation from older docs has been to join early and pay our dues, and want that involvement/representation as soon as I can get it. I'll post when I know.

Great thinking divine, I have heard the same from older docs about the AMA. As soon as you hear something I would definately love to hear it.

Oh and speaking of, I will be attempting early next week to find out who our AMA rep is...the recommendation from older docs has been to join early and pay our dues, and want that involvement/representation as soon as I can get it. I'll post when I know.

what is this AMA thing? like a club that is good to have on your resume?? am i totally outta it here? anyways, everyone, fill me in, im excited to learn about something new:cool:

I hadn't thought of joining AMA, but it sounds good to me. It's even cheaper than I thought it would be: $20/year, and less if you join for longer. Anything I can do to be closer to being a real doctor! By the way, AMA is the American Medical Association.

Does anyone know when the computer discount applies? Can we get it now through WSU, or do we have to wait until we're enrolled or school starts? I'm looking at the Dells, and they have been offering some great deals, although you have to watch their website every day to try to catch them. I'm not even sure the student discount would be better than their specials online.

Also, when you all come to Dayton to apartment hunt, etc., we should get together, so we aren't all new faces in when school starts.

Wow... I leave for a week and there's a bazillion new posts!

I was in Dayton this past weekend apartment hunting. There are some REALLY nice places within seconds of campus. I talked with some med students who were studying in the new part of the Fred White building (which is really nice by the way). They were really helpful giving information on housing. If anyone is heading down here's a couple places to check out:

Ashton Brooke

Charter Woods

Emerald Lakes

Oh yeah... and congrats to the people who just got in.

I hadn't thought of joining AMA, but it sounds good to me. It's even cheaper than I thought it would be: $20/year, and less if you join for longer. Anything I can do to be closer to being a real doctor! By the way, AMA is the American Medical Association.

Does anyone know when the computer discount applies? Can we get it now through WSU, or do we have to wait until we're enrolled or school starts? I'm looking at the Dells, and they have been offering some great deals, although you have to watch their website every day to try to catch them. I'm not even sure the student discount would be better than their specials online.

Also, when you all come to Dayton to apartment hunt, etc., we should get together, so we aren't all new faces in when school starts.

JJ, jump on board...the AMA is your defacto gossip central and lobbying group, lol, and worth having on your resume. At least until I see some evidence to the contrary.

Despite my earlier hankering over Macs, I've decided to get a top-line Lenovo Tablet PC, because:
1. The Mac, while pretty, would be totally incompatible with my desktop Gateway. All of my Sims 2 installations wouldn't work.
2. In all seriousness, I'm extremely attracted to the idea of taking notes directly on the slides/xray/radiograph/what have you.
3. Durable. Warranty out the wazoo.

DocH, if you hear anything about getting the aid in advance, let me know. It's not impossible to wait, but who doesn't love getting a new computer?

Thanks for the links, ruggerdoc.

Hey Divine, I finally caved and started some summer studying, bought Gray's Anatomy (I can't stand the fact that they named the show after the anatomy book and then when I tell people I'm reading through Gray's Anatomy they inevitably reply with "They have a book about the show?". No, it's THE gray's anatomy, you know, from 1901, a little earlier than the show.)
Also, when it comes to a dollar to knowledge ratio, I don't think you can beat Gray's. 18.95 for over 1000 pages of info, the damn flash cards based on Gray's were 40 bucks.

lol thanks divine about the AMA info..and everyone else. I guess ill have to look into that.

i refuse to read any more material (anatomy...even though i wanna) as i finish the worst class of my life...Physical chemistry...its so pointless now that im accepted to med school...i hate the class.

ruggerdoc...i am looking at charter woods right now, they are sooo nice and close!:)

i see the mac vs. pc debate is starting again...and the info i found out is probably first hand knowledge to all of you: you can get the best PC in the world for the base price of a mac(cause you also have to buy all their software too!). ANyways...pc might be the way to go...divine..i love the pcs you can write on...LIKE PAPER!!

last thing, im willing to meet up with everyone sometime this summer, that would be so cool. Also, did everyone know that we have 'team building' exercises planned during the first week of school? haha...their are like ropes courses and stuff...I THINK ITLL BE A BLAST! lol

Hey Divine, I finally caved and started some summer studying, bought Gray's Anatomy (I can't stand the fact that they named the show after the anatomy book and then when I tell people I'm reading through Gray's Anatomy they inevitably reply with "They have a book about the show?". No, it's THE gray's anatomy, you know, from 1901, a little earlier than the show.)
Also, when it comes to a dollar to knowledge ratio, I don't think you can beat Gray's. 18.95 for over 1000 pages of info, the damn flash cards based on Gray's were 40 bucks.

Hahahahah...which edition are you reading? Because if it's the Student's, then I have to tell you Polo that the Classic edition, print size and page thinness, delivers more bang for your buck than you'd ever want. Literally, I don't want it. I can imagine someone walking up to the poor anatomical engraver and saying, "Hey, do you have a woodcut tool SMALL ENOUGH to etch words like Superlongitudinal sinus onto this 3mm wide recess in the skull picture?" Welcome to medical school, here's your free myopia.

You know, I don't watch the show. I did for a season, and then so many people began to cross-associate my applying to medical school with their scanty Grey's-based knowledge of medicine I decided I'd rather not play. Like getting emails with links to "Which Grey's Character Are You?" and comments like, "Kate, you remind me of Sandra Oh." Which is a little flattering, and then her character sleeps with three thousand other attendings....

lol thanks divine about the AMA info..and everyone else. I guess ill have to look into that.

i refuse to read any more material (anatomy...even though i wanna) as i finish the worst class of my life...Physical chemistry...its so pointless now that im accepted to med school...i hate the class.

ruggerdoc...i am looking at charter woods right now, they are sooo nice and close!:)

i see the mac vs. pc debate is starting again...and the info i found out is probably first hand knowledge to all of you: you can get the best PC in the world for the base price of a mac(cause you also have to buy all their software too!). ANyways...pc might be the way to go...divine..i love the pcs you can write on...LIKE PAPER!!

last thing, im willing to meet up with everyone sometime this summer, that would be so cool. Also, did everyone know that we have 'team building' exercises planned during the first week of school? haha...their are like ropes courses and stuff...I THINK ITLL BE A BLAST! lol

lol. jj, I can't tell if that's sarcasm, so I'm going to guess that it's not. :) I personally haven't done a ropes course since the last time I was in school in Ohio, and that's probably best. Me+ropes=me hospitalized having lost circulation in my extremities due to entanglement. But it will be fun to meet up...I'll be in Dayton permanently as of July 1, and of course you all will be the first to know if it's sooner.

lol. jj, I can't tell if that's sarcasm, so I'm going to guess that it's not. :)

haha ya, what i said about the ropes course was not sarcasm...well slightly. Im excited to do it because it really does bring you closer with your classmates...but at the same time. HAHA its so funny and stupid to do. I did a ropes course with my undergrad classmates when i was a freshman for our orientation. Its almost like living it all over again. But, i became really good friends with those people...of course it was only 20 some people...not 100:) AHH! i cant wait to meet everyone in the class (me being serious). Ill be officially near WSU as of July 15th. :D

I saw this anatomy book at the book store, it was huge...like 2 feet by 1 foot..something like that. Had EVERYTHING i think in the body that has a name. I almost wanna get that and carry it around with me all over campus...a HUGE ANATOMY book...fun to me;) wouldnt i look like a goof?

darn...sorry divine you don't like Grey's anatomy (the show). I love it. haha but honestly, it HAS gotten a little unrealistic (ok, a lot). I still love the drama(on the show, not in real life).