Wright State U Boonshoft Class of 2011 -- Official Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
well its a typical day in ohio...wet, cloudy, unpredictable, and yucky!

i just found out something about Charter Woods Apts. YOu have to have a stated income or stated loan living amount for at least $21K before they will allow you to sign. They do not allow co-signs. Anyways, that might help someone. I was pissed.:thumbdown: Boo to them!

Members don't see this ad.

I have never done a ropes course. Hmmm...a way to completely humiliate myself in front of my peers - what could be better?? I want to see the faculty do it, too!

Hey guys, anyone out there choosing between Wright and MCO (toledo)?
Is there really a difference when it comes to match day?

Also, does anyone know if wright med school classes are over by 12pm?

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone :)

Members don't see this ad :)

hey congrades on being accepted at both WSU and MCO!! what i understood for classtime was that it ran from 8am -12pm....but on selected days you have other classes like..lab and stuff like that. here is the website that lists all of the classes for WSU.... http://www.idtl.wright.edu/Calendar/year1/Academic/Acasemic.html

to see what times the classes run just click on a class on the side bar. if the classes are overlapping b/c of stupid computer issues, just refresh the page (not that you couldnt figure that out...but anyways:D ) I hope that helps you.

good luck in your decision!:thumbup:

Yup, I had to choose between a few of the state schools and wright. I have friends at all the schools I was accepted to (Cincy, Wright, MCO), and after some research about the schools and listening to how happy people were at wright I made my choice. There are other reasons too, if you have any more questions go ahead and ask and I'll do my best to answer.

Thanks JJ!

Are you picking wright over any schools?

:thumbup:

YES I AM!!...I'm picking WSU over all the other med schools!:D haha...ok, no seriously, just West Virginia SOM. Honestly, my scores werent that good...but i just loved the place.:thumbup: keep us all updated if you go to WSU or somewhere else...either way, we are all gonna be docs!

i can honestly say that i have checked SDN for some activity like everyday these past few days...its been DEAD in here!! glad to see more activity to keep me preoccupied from my studies...which suck by the way! I WANNA GO TO MED SCHOOL.

i can honestly say that i have checked SDN for some activity like everyday these past few days...its been DEAD in here!! glad to see more activity to keep me preoccupied from my studies...which suck by the way! I WANNA GO TO MED SCHOOL.

Oh, I hear you, I can't wait to get to school. The wait is killing me.

I had the exact same choice to make. I did like the fact that Toledo has a teaching hospital. However, I just felt more comfortable at Wright State. Also, I have heard nothing but great things from students regarding the school and the atmosphere. Location also played a part in my choice as I am from Cincinnati. Dayton is closer, and I prefer Dayton over Toledo. they are both good schools, so you can't go wrong. Good luck!

Oh, I hear you, I can't wait to get to school. The wait is killing me.

Me too...except I'm starting to get nervous. Sorry I haven't been posting...for some reason I'm indulging this incredibly absorbing but childish addiction to manga for about eight or nine days. After which, of course, I'll swing back to med school focus.

Still haven't found the AMA rep.

Hello, I am moving to Dayton to go to WSU. I am looking for advice on where to live. Looking for a family friendly area, not too far from campus, with great elementary schools. My oldest son will be starting kindergarten in a year. I have heard nice things about Beavercreek. Anybody have any suggestions?

I was just up in Dayton today looking at potential housing. Beavercreek is a nice area, and I hear that the schools there are good as well. A friend of mine recently interviewed as a teacher in the Beavercreek school district and was impressed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just up in Dayton today looking at potential housing. Beavercreek is a nice area, and I hear that the schools there are good as well. A friend of mine recently interviewed as a teacher in the Beavercreek school district and was impressed.

I went to high school in a suburb of Columbus, we had quite a rivalry with Beavercreek in ice hockey and yes the schools there are quite good.

If you're looking for good schools, Beavercreek is definitely the closest city to WSU. We just moved to Beavercreek this past fall from Fairborn because of the schools. If you have kids, DON'T move to Fairborn. It's not as bad as Dayton Public, but it's also not the place to educate and raise your school-age children if you have a choice. Around WSU, I'd probably stay away from Mad River Schools in Riverside, too.

There are other good school systems around here. Centerville is good, but that would be about a 20 minute drive versus a 10 minute drive from Beavercreek. Kettering also has a good school system, and is a 10-15 minute drive to WSU.

I am so glad we moved to Beavercreek. My daughter loves the school (she's in 8th grade, so not applicable to kindergarten), she actually has to learn in class, and the teachers have been very helpful with her being a new student.

Hey folks! ...Man, this thread has grown since I last checked in!

I'm happy to say that I officially joined the the WSU Boonshoft Class of 2011 a few of weeks ago... and, it looks like I have some catching-up to do in this thread. You guys have already tapped into some of the bigger questions that I had/have, so I thank you for hashing those out and posting a lot of valuable info...

One other question that I have: I have not received the log-on information for the Welcome page. I was wondering if somebody here would (please) PM me the username and password for the "Welcome Wagon".

I ask because I recently received an email regarding the pre-matriculation program and it's 5/1/07 enrollment deadline. Apparently, all of the details are on the Welcome page. I haven't decided whether or not I'm actually going to participate in the program, but I wouldn't mind checking out the details before the deadline passes.

Thanks in advance to anybody who can help.

It's nice to join everyone, here... I look forward to meeting everybody in July/August. In the meantime, I'll be stopping by here whenever I get a chance.

Chris

Hey folks! ...Man, this thread has grown since I last checked in!

I'm happy to say that I officially joined the the WSU Boonshoft Class of 2011 a few of weeks ago... and, it looks like I have some catching-up to do in this thread. You guys have already tapped into some of the bigger questions that I had/have, so I thank you for hashing those out and posting a lot of valuable info...

One other question that I have: I have not received the log-on information for the Welcome page. I was wondering if somebody here would (please) PM me the username and password for the "Welcome Wagon".

I ask because I recently received an email regarding the pre-matriculation program and it's 5/1/07 enrollment deadline. Apparently, all of the details are on the Welcome page. I haven't decided whether or not I'm actually going to participate in the program, but I wouldn't mind checking out the details before the deadline passes.

Thanks in advance to anybody who can help.

It's nice to join everyone, here... I look forward to meeting everybody in July/August. In the meantime, I'll be stopping by here whenever I get a chance.

Chris

Hey Chris, nice to meet you. I'm Kate, welcome to our growing class of 2011. (Insert cheering here). We might as well blow up the spot here: the welcome page is http://www.med.wright.edu/welcome ... the logon is "wrightstate" and the password is "2011". If WSU wants to smack me down for posting it, then first they have to answer for Theresa giving it away to literally ANYONE who calls the admissions dept.

Besides, what is Wayne State going to do, secretly log on and create a whole bunch of phantom profiles for the convocation? Actually, hmmm....that gives me an idea.

Just kidding. Anyway hi, yes, we're floating to and fro talking about living quarters, activities/hobbies both now and while enrolled, and briefly motives/habits/etc. Until our financial aid packs come in, I'm not sure this thread will literally explode: it feels like the first wave of enrollment excitement has passed and we're all sitting in tidepools waiting.

:D congrades OUCHRIS on deciding on WSU...its gonna be so awesome.

hey everyone, i have my last day of p-chem today...everyone party for me!:D

congrats jj, I was completely relieved after my last day of p-chem.

Our thread is really starting to acquire some fresh meat, congrats again to OUchris

Nice to 'meet' you all, as well... Thanks so much for the information and warm welcome. I've been following the thread since its inception, which just happened to be the same day as my interview (I applied very late in the application cycle).

I guess now is as good a time as any to chime in on some of the topics that you guys have discussed. If for no other reason than to feel like I'm doing my part to keep the thread going... feel free to skip over, as I tend to ramble. :thumbup:

1. Me… 25YO, born and raised just south of Columbus in a small town that you’ve never heard of. Like Polo, I work at the OSU Medical Center. I’ve been there since graduating from Ohio University in ’04. First 24 months were fun/interesting/stimulating, but the last three months have been painful and monotonous as I anticipate the transition to medical school. So, like so many others at WSU, I’m a ‘non-trad’. I was pre-med at OU, and med school has always been my goal/dream, but this is the first year that I applied.

3. Fitness... I've never played rugby in my life, but I'm a workout/exercise junkie like the rest of you. I love to do anything active, but I play more flag football than anything else. I like basketball, but I'm not great at it. Used to LOVE long-distance running, but multiple ankle injuries (breaks + sprains) have kind of ruined that for me. I can’t compete with Polo’s laundry list of injuries, as my only other significant injury is fractured L4 & L5 transverse processes. I weightlift quite a bit, but I'm not a huge guy.

4. Computer... I know very, very, very little about computers, but I've been looking around. I've never used a Mac, so I find them a little intimidating. I think I could get used to one, but I see no need to further complicate my day-to-day life by adding one more item to the 'List of Things I Need to Adjust To’ this July/August. One of the docs I work for just got a new Dell XPS M1210 laptop (I think), and that seems like a very nice machine. However, like Kate/Divine, I'm liking the Lenovo X60 tablet more and more.

5. Housing... I think this is going to be directly dependent upon my financial aid award letter. I also like Charter Woods, as I am hearing some good things, but $600 per month not including utilities seems a little steep to me. That’s essentially $1800 per quarter. I don’t think I ever spent more than $1000 per quarter at Ohio Univ. Maybe I’ve been spoiled by those rates. I’d live in a shack as long as it had running water, electricity, and high speed internet…

6. Pre-Matriculation Program… I’m still undecided about this. I know I need to decide soon, but I keep wavering back and forth. Obviously, I’ve been out of school for a while, but I don’t think I have forgotten how to study. I think the biggest benefit of the program would be getting to campus earlier, getting used to the area and bonding with the classmates/staff/faculty a little earlier. Also, if you are like me, then there are just so many things still up in there air… I mean, participating in the program means moving to WSU earlier, which means finding an apartment earlier… but that depends on the financial aid award letter that I won’t have in time. :confused:

7. Queen Bed and Green scrubs. I’ve also ‘borrowed’ a few sets of surgeon’s scrubs from OSU. So, Polo, no worries about your self-incriminating testimony given earlier in this thread… :D

8. Nervous habits… In general, I have a very hard time sitting still. I can’t think of anything specific... Perhaps, I’m just not aware of them!? Either way, I’m sure the future rigors of school/residency/fellowship will give me ample opportunity to develop a nervous twitch, inability to control THE VOLUME OF MY VOICE, or worse.

9. Specialty… I’m also going in with an open mind. I’ve always been drawn to Orthopedic Surgery (one of the biggest reasons I applied to WSU) and Sports Medicine due to my own general interests and past experiences. In general, I find the surgical specialties and lifestyle to be more appealing, but we’ll see if I still feel that way after Step One boards and four years of medical school…

10. AMA… Great idea, Kate. The AMA doesn’t seem to do nearly enough, but it’s the strongest ‘lobbying’ group that we have. It appears that our medical system will undergo some changes over the next several years as we train and enter practice. If physicians are going to have any input, it will likely be through the AMA.

Sorry for the long post. I’m sure that’s more than anyone could ever care to read about me. But, I had to catch up and wanted to feel like part of the team. :hardy:

I hope the weather where you are is as nice as it was this past weekend in central Ohio!

Chris

Chris, that was awesome, i can't believe that this forum has talked about all those topics...wow!

Id have to say Im prob the only non-trad student in this forum thus far!! again, wow...im very surprised and excited to meet everyone.

charter woods is really great, they just need you to have at least a $22,000 income...or a loan for that much for specfically at least that much. I just don't know that much about how to do that...im rambling b/c mostly, im confused...give me bio notes and ill get them down. Give me this stuff and i go blond....(im blond...so i can make the joke:D)

Chris, that was awesome, i can't believe that this forum has talked about all those topics...wow!

Id have to say Im prob the only non-trad student in this forum thus far!! again, wow...im very surprised and excited to meet everyone.

charter woods is really great, they just need you to have at least a $22,000 income...or a loan for that much for specfically at least that much. I just don't know that much about how to do that...im rambling b/c mostly, im confused...give me bio notes and ill get them down. Give me this stuff and i go blond....(im blond...so i can make the joke:D)

Just out of curiosity, what is the age at which someone is considered non-traditional? I am 25 like Chris and I am nevver sure whether I am non-trad or not.

jj... don't worry, I'm just a "traditional" student too. Charter Woods was really nice, but like you, I haven't figured out the whole $22k thing.

I remember senioritis being bad in high school, but I had no idea it could get as bad as I have it now!

Yeah, there's been quite a bit. Hopefully, we can discuss a lot more before class starts... I'd like to feel like I know at least a few of the people that are entering this madness with me...

It will be really interesting to see the ratio of trad/non-trad students in our class. I think that WSU's propensity to admit non-trad students is awesome... but I may be a little biased.

I know/understand very little about the housing situation, as well. It was much easier for undergrad, when you simply filled out an application and got placed in a dorm... then, by the time SO/JR/SR year rolled around, you were familiar with the whole process, good places to live, etc. This is the first time I've moved somewhere that is completely unfamiliar, while handling everything by myself. So, it's a new experience for me, and I think that's the reason for my confusion.

Just out of curiosity, what is the age at which someone is considered non-traditional? I am 25 like Chris and I am nevver sure whether I am non-trad or not.

I've always considered anybody who doesn't go straight from undergrad to medical school to be "non-traditional". I don't know; maybe I am taking the label in its most literal sense. :confused:

I've always considered anybody who doesn't go straight from undergrad to medical school to be "non-traditional". I don't know; maybe I am taking the label in its most literal sense. :confused:

I'm sure that's right. The traditional route is straight from undergrad to medical school, so I guess I am non-traditional as well.

There are a few of us non trads out here. I think if you're under 25, they consider you a traditional student, but I don't know. I've had plenty of other schooling and a career in music, so I feel like I'm from a completely different world! I can't wait to finally start in medicine...

On a side note, those of you considering non-Mac laptops: I just got a Dell from their website for under $650 including tax, shipping, and everything. The deals they have online are better than the ones you can get through the school. You just have to watch the site to see when they're offered.

Just out of curiosity, what is the age at which someone is considered non-traditional?

Im kinda like OUChris in that I thought non-tradies...is how im now gonna call you guys....means that you decided to live a little before jumping back into the "madness", again as OUChris calls it...haha Good thing it looks like I can speak for myself there.

I really love the Mac commercials...pc vs. mac...haha, they rock. But, Im so familiar with the PC that I think ill stick with it too...and go for the most hightech as possible...then hopefully while I still have it, WSU will get smart and be able to use all their material on PCs as well as macs:thumbup:

yea for ruggerdoc and the tradies!

I CANT WAIT FOR MED SCHOOL TO START!

Im kinda like OUChris in that I thought non-tradies...is how im now gonna call you guys....means that you decided to live a little before jumping back into the "madness", again as OUChris calls it...haha Good thing it looks like I can speak for myself there.

"Tradies" and "Non-Tradies"... nice. I like it.

I really love the Mac commercials...pc vs. mac...haha, they rock.

Agreed... very good marketing. Most of them are pretty funny, and almost make me want to buy a Mac. That is, until I sit down in front of one and see all of the unfamiliar logos on the desktop and single button on the mouse... then I legitimately go into shock. Eyes cross... damn near swallow my tongue... the whole deal.

Especially the single-button mouse. I just can't get over it... I click independently with my index and middle finger, wholly expecting each one to elicit a different response, and yet, I get the same result with both fingers. "How can it be!?" I scream internally... Very frustrating.

But, Im so familiar with the PC that I think ill stick with it too...and go for the most hightech as possible...then hopefully while I still have it, WSU will get smart and be able to use all their material on PCs as well as macs:thumbup:

I'm thinking of doing the same... That is, taking advantage of the full $2000 that WSU is willing to provide for a computer. I believe it's a one time loan, so even if you only spend $1400 for a computer, you cannot carry over the other $600 dollars for later spending. So, you might as well use it all up... and ensure that you get a cutting-edge computer.

Of course, I say all this while (admittedly) having no concept of loan interest rates and how much more I'll end up paying after I repay the additional $600 + X.X% interest... Oh, well, I suppose ignorance is bliss. I'll just assume that the cost is negligible relative to the rest of my loans, and hope that I don't regret it later...

yea for ruggerdoc and the tradies!

On second thought, 'tradies' almost sounds like it carries a negative connotation... I don't know why, but it does to me. That makes me even happier to be a 'non-tradie' ;)

I CANT WAIT FOR MED SCHOOL TO START!

Agreed!

OUChris....did you say you went to Ohio University? in which case, did you think about going to their D.O. SChool? if im way off, sorry. but, anyways, my friend is going there...there were only two of us from my school going to med school and he loved it there, so he is going there.

im sorry also if i sounded disrespectful to nontradies...i have nothing but respect for someone who continually chases after what they want for however long it takes to acheive their long desired dream. I would do the same for as long as I could (med school makes obessers like that)...until I was probably 60 years old...then i might not go to med school:D.

OUChris....did you say you went to Ohio University? in which case, did you think about going to their D.O. SChool? if im way off, sorry. but, anyways, my friend is going there...there were only two of us from my school going to med school and he loved it there, so he is going there.

im sorry also if i sounded disrespectful to nontradies...i have nothing but respect for someone who continually chases after what they want for however long it takes to acheive their long desired dream. I would do the same for as long as I could (med school makes obessers like that)...until I was probably 60 years old...then i might not go to med school:D.

What college did you attend?

Absolutely! I LOVED it there, as well. It was very, very hard for me to decide to go elsewhere. Athens is just an amazing town, in general, and I liked the program at OUCOM (including many of the people running the program... great people)... I may be biased, but I think your friend made an exceptional choice! :D :thumbup:

im sorry also if i sounded disrespectful to nontradies... i have nothing but respect for someone who continually chases after what they want for however long it takes to acheive their long desired dream. I would do the same for as long as I could (med school makes obessers like that)...until I was probably 60 years old...then i might not go to med school:D.

I don't want to speak for everybody, but... I don't think an apology is necessary. I never thought that anything you said sounded disrespectful... but thanks for considering the non-tradies' feelings. ;)

I think it's safe to assume that we have a good group of people here, and we don't have to worry about 'walking on eggshells' when we converse. So, hopefully, we can keep things light, joke around a little bit, and not have to worry about offending anybody... Otherwise, I may be in trouble, because I tend to joke around a lot. With the best of intentions, of course. But, in this media, where tone/intention is open to interpretation, my humor can be misconstrued as being offensive... I'll be apologizing in every post! :hardy:

What college did you attend?

I am currently attending Malone College, in Canton, Ohio. If you go to the website to check it out you might even see my pic on the front page (im wearing goggles...lol). but ya, its a small private college...which equals most people going to college to get married and become either a teacher or a nurse. Thus, only 2 pre-meds.

thanx OUChris about the info on not having to walk on eggshells. I always say politically incorrect statements and then i have to remember to bite my tongue! sweet.

im totally telling my friend that OU rocks...but he already knew that and loved it. I think his favorite part are the furnished apts. I wish I could find one like that.

I HATE PCHEM!:thumbdown:

Hey there fellow boonshofters (or boonshoftees). I was in Dayton yesterday looking at apartments and had dinner with a friend who is a 2nd year. She also gave me a quick tour of the new building, and it is quite the nice facility. Anyone make any progress toward housing? Looking for roommates? Anyone get their award statement? Is anyone else loosing their mind waiting for classes to start?

Hey Guys.....pretty sure i'm going to wright (95%). It seems like a very laid back school! If I do, i'm going to go into the prematriculation prgram just to get my feet wet and get used to the area, etc. Anyone else thinking about the program? I could use some friends lol.(this might have been discussed already, but im too lazy to read all the posts :) )

BTW, as you know some of the apartments require you to present proof of income thats at least 3x rent or an award letter. The best thing to do is just to get a parent to rent you an aparment under his/her name. That will probably save you a lot of headaches w/ paperwork. The leasing office may not like that idea, but they can't stop you from doing it.....and many wright students do actaully have their parents rent for them.

I am currently attending Malone College, in Canton, Ohio. If you go to the website to check it out you might even see my pic on the front page (im wearing goggles...lol). but ya, its a small private college...which equals most people going to college to get married and become either a teacher or a nurse. Thus, only 2 pre-meds.

Very cool! You must be a celebrity on campus; "it's the Malone poster-girl!"

And you gotta love the goggles. The only thing better is the oh-so attractive impression that they leave on your face. There's nothing I loved more than leaving O-Chem lab and treking across campus with an eye-mask outline like I just left a comic book convention and took off my "Robin" costume...

BTW, That's a pretty nice website for a "small private college". And, a 63:37 female:male ratio?! Not too bad. ;)

thanx OUChris about the info on not having to walk on eggshells. I always say politically incorrect statements and then i have to remember to bite my tongue! sweet.

im totally telling my friend that OU rocks...but he already knew that and loved it. I think his favorite part are the furnished apts. I wish I could find one like that.

I'm pretty sure I've come across some apartments in the WSU area that give the option of furnished vs. unfurnished. I wish I could remember which ones, but I don't. I'll let you know if I see anything, as I am still looking, myself.

I'm sure your friend will love OU. But, of course, it's a different experience for everyone. It will certainly test his concentration... as everyone knows, it's a BIG party school. There's always a party or something really fun going on that can distract you. Not just every weekend, but every NIGHT. That may or may not be different than what you guys are used to at Malone. I don't know.

If you're an extremely focused person it's great, because you know that whenever you do have a break, you won't have a hard time finding a good party or something to do. However, if you tend to get distracted in that environment, it can be trouble. I know it's hard to believe that anybody would be unfocused at this stage of the game, but I've seen it happen to MS1s at OU.

I HATE PCHEM!:thumbdown:

Now, that's one class that I didn't have to take... and I was damn happy. Physical chemistry... blech.

Good luck with that.

Hey there fellow boonshofters (or boonshoftees). I was in Dayton yesterday looking at apartments and had dinner with a friend who is a 2nd year. She also gave me a quick tour of the new building, and it is quite the nice facility. Anyone make any progress toward housing? Looking for roommates? Anyone get their award statement? Is anyone else loosing their mind waiting for classes to start?

Zero progress towards housing here. Did your friend give you any input on the good places to live? I'd be interested in hearing which ones I should be putting in apps for, because I'm planning on doing it w/o actually visiting the apartments beforehand.... I'm just going to base it on proximity to WSU. Walking distance if possible.

I'm still 50/50 on a roommate. I lived with someone different every year in undergrad and never had any issues, but at the same time... I'm a little apprehensive.

No award statement yet, either. I think I heard somebody mention Mid-May for the time frame that we could expect those. But, I'm not certain.

Losing my mind to quit work, but not necessarily losing my mind waiting for classes to start. On one hand, I'm extremely excited to finally be making this step. On the other hand, I dont want to wish my summer away. There's so much to be done, and *more importantly* I LOVE the warm weather. :D

Hey Guys.....pretty sure i'm going to wright (95%). It seems like a very laid back school! If I do, i'm going to go into the prematriculation prgram just to get my feet wet and get used to the area, etc. Anyone else thinking about the program? I could use some friends lol.(this might have been discussed already, but im too lazy to read all the posts :) )

I am leaning towards going.

I was hoping to have my housing situation figured out before the 5/1/07 deadline for the program, but that doesn't seem likely.... I'd prefer to not have to live in my car to attend the program. For one, it's an older car and not very accomodating. It just doesn't have some of the creature comforts that I am used to. Secondly, I imagine my opportunities to bathe and wash my clothes would be few and far between... and I think those are less than ideal conditions for making friends in the program.

Regarding your school choice, good luck with your decision in whatever school you choose. I don't think there is a wrong answer... But, clearly, WSU is where it's at. I'm just saying. So far we have rugby players, moms, and college website poster-girls... all of whom seem to be generally good people. What more could you want?

BTW, as you know some of the apartments require you to present proof of income thats at least 3x rent or an award letter. The best thing to do is just to get a parent to rent you an aparment under his/her name. That will probably save you a lot of headaches w/ paperwork. The leasing office may not like that idea, but they can't stop you from doing it.....and many wright students do actaully have their parents rent for them.

Great point! This is what I had to do for my So - Sr years of undergrad. Definitely saved me a lot of headaches.

Thanks Chris.

Yea, I am def excited to start med school. I am taking a year off between undergrad and med so im trying to balance my eagerness to get going with the need to have a nice study-free summer.

oh, and OU is amazing....wish i went there for undergrad

Am I lame for already having purchased a Boonshoft Polo? :D

Just FYI: if you order one, the sizes seem to run a little big.

:D I am just gonna let out a little chuckle since you bought that shirt...hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

that is freakin hilarious...i don't think im gonna buy on JUST yet. BTW...its unisex, so I could buy that exact same shirt:) How come they didnt have any cooler stuff...liek a sticker for my car window that has the name if the med school? id totally get that thing! I love WSU's bookstore, its so huge and has so many cool things in it!

Thanx everyone for the apt. advice.
I have officially ended Pchem.
AND...ok ya thats it...time to study for more finals.

Hey Guys.....pretty sure i'm going to wright (95%). It seems like a very laid back school! If I do, i'm going to go into the prematriculation prgram just to get my feet wet and get used to the area, etc. Anyone else thinking about the program? I could use some friends lol.(this might have been discussed already, but im too lazy to read all the posts.

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!:hardy: YAYA....another member...(well, 95% of you!!) I was thinking bout the program, but then id have to move in real early and I have no money...so, i dont think i can pay for the apt. just yet. And, i think i wanna enjoy most of my summer and go to the beach:cool: . But, i really wanted to do it...but thats not the same as doing it now is it? hey youll make tons of friends during the ropes course the class HAS to participate in! lol

Just FYI: if you order one, the sizes seem to run a little big.

Not at all, I bought one of the golf pullovers. Very necessary when golfing in Ohio where rain showers are an inevitability.

Sidenote: Anyone else like spending a beautiful saturday morning out on the links?

I was also strongly considering the summer program, however, I'm making good money now and if I continue to work up to the middle of July then I can cash in all my vacation time for a monster check right before classes start. So the first round of the year will be on me (just kidding, but maybe not).

If you decide to go I hope you have a great time. Try not to get too large a head start on us and make us all look clueless the first weeks of class.

JJ - You should just sport the goggles 24/7 once the year starts. Try to get a new trend going.

:D I am just gonna let out a little chuckle since you bought that shirt...hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

You're totally jealous. :laugh:

No, I realize it's a ridiculous purchase... but it was one of only two Boonshoft items in the online store, and I got excited. Total impulse shopping. :D

that is freakin hilarious...i don't think im gonna buy on JUST yet. BTW...its unisex, so I could buy that exact same shirt:) How come they didnt have any cooler stuff...liek a sticker for my car window that has the name if the med school? id totally get that thing! I love WSU's bookstore, its so huge and has so many cool things in it!

The car sticker is exactly what I was looking for, initially. That, or a cool hoody. I hope that they have more to offer in the WSU bookstore.

In the meantime, I'm gonna rock the Boonshoft polo on a few casual Fridays at OSUMC, between now and July. Represent. :hardy:

Thanx everyone for the apt. advice.
I have officially ended Pchem.
AND...ok ya thats it...time to study for more finals.

Congrats on the PChem... hope the final went well. Good luck with the rest! :luck:

Not at all, I bought one of the golf pullovers. Very necessary when golfing in Ohio where rain showers are an inevitability.

Sidenote: Anyone else like spending a beautiful saturday morning out on the links?

Golf Pullover? I'm guessing you got that at the Bookstore? Do they have a pretty good selection of Boonshoft stuff, there?

I've only been golfing a handful of times. I really tried to pick it up my Freshman year of undergrad, but I was awful. Just awful. I still enjoy hitting the links with friends for the competition/bonding and to enjoy a nice day. But, if I'm playing with somebody who is considerably more talented than myself (i.e. anybody over the age of 12), I end up making them pretty frustrated... I have a fairly reliable PW, but if I'm using anything with less loft, then I don't know where the ball is going when (IF) I make contact. :D

I have this feeling/fear that my golf skills are going to limit my professional success...

Golf Pullover? I'm guessing you got that at the Bookstore? Do they have a pretty good selection of Boonshoft stuff, there?

I've only been golfing a handful of times. I really tried to pick it up my Freshman year of undergrad, but I was awful. Just awful. I still enjoy hitting the links with friends for the competition/bonding and to enjoy a nice day. But, if I'm playing with somebody who is considerably more talented than myself (i.e. anybody over the age of 12), I end up making them pretty frustrated... I have a fairly reliable PW, but if I'm using anything with less loft, then I don't know where the ball is going when (IF) I make contact. :D

The bookstore has a good collection of boonshoft items (for OUchris and jj: i'm sure that I saw rear window stickers for boonshoft). The clothing items are pretty standard; tees, sweatshirts, pullovers, polos. They have a lot of non-clothing items too; engraved pen stands (for a nice desk), golf balls, mugs, picture frams, etc.

Well Chris, I've been golfing for well over 10 years and I still wouldn't consider myself very good. The fact that you have a reliable wedge is a great place to build a solid game. I'm able to drive the ball like John Daly but my short game and putting is one of the more hideous things that you can imagine. Together we would make quite the adequate golfer, haha.

Finally, I know that some of us have talked over PM, but using these screen names is a bit impersonal (I think some people have already given their names, but since we keep adding people to our class it may be nice to just give them again). I'm Joshua, graduated from THE Ohio State U. and I am bored out of my mind at work right now. Research downtime can be a killer.

I was also strongly considering the summer program, however, I'm making good money now and if I continue to work up to the middle of July then I can cash in all my vacation time for a monster check right before classes start. So the first round of the year will be on me (just kidding, but maybe not).

That's a consideration for me, as well... I have TONS of vacation and comp time saved up at OSU. I think I'm going to work at OSU until early July, then cash out... but keep my night job. Lord knows I need the money. Majority of my pay went to undergraduate loans the past couple years. :thumbdown:

Guess that means I have to pick up the second round. :eek:

Speaking of drinks... anybody know what the social scene is like at WSU? Obviously, that should be my last concern... and it's probably not going to be like OU... but I have to imagine that we are going to be given some 'bonding time' that first week. If not before school starts... Most of us will probably be there a couple weeks before school kicks off.

If you decide to go I hope you have a great time. Try not to get too large a head start on us and make us all look clueless the first weeks of class.

JJ - You should just sport the goggles 24/7 once the year starts. Try to get a new trend going.

That might land you some kind of goggle endorsement! :thumbup:

...or pink eye. :thumbdown: