write nbde by visiting visa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

b1378

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,
does any one know that is it possible to write nbde if you just have the visiting or tourist visa?

Members don't see this ad.

hi,
does any one know that is it possible to write nbde if you just have the visiting or tourist visa?

Yes, you can write nbde with a tourist or visiting visa.Many people do it that way.

Ya I agree with Pandu. I think most people do it that way.

Members don't see this ad :)
so how did u know they were going to give u the visa to prepare yourself for the nbde?

so how did u know they were going to give u the visa to prepare yourself for the nbde?

I had my nbde exam with a tourist visa...no problem, it si possible...Firstly you get a visa and then you start preparing for the exam...

thank you all.can you tell me how did they give you visa? I mean you told them that you wanted to take the exam or had you registered for the nbde and because of that they gave you the visa?

thank you all.can you tell me how did they give you visa? I mean you told them that you wanted to take the exam or had you registered for the nbde and because of that they gave you the visa?

IMO......I don't think that is a good idea... tell the VO (Visa Officer) that you are going to US for tourism/visting relatives (if you have any)......don't even utter the word 'dentistry'/'dental exam'....you will be a potential immigrant as the VO knows that majority of the doctors/dentists ain't gonna come back to native country once they start earning in dollars

Hello b1378...

If you apply for a tourist visa, you cannot tell them that you want to take the exam...I had a tourist visa because my boyfriend lives in America...
So find a friend, tell him to send you an invitation and get a visa...

hi
dont try to fool the visa authorities. tell them ur purpose of visit is nbde. show them the definate proof
i came to u.s. on tourist visa twice and both times told them and showed the required documents. they gave me visa
rest depends on you
good luck

Hi
I am really confused , my sister lives in USA she got her citizenship recently, I don't know what to do .She is going to send me the invitation but what should I tell them ? apart from that if I don't mention the nbde will I have the permition to write the exam?

Hi
I am really confused , my sister lives in USA she got her citizenship recently, I don't know what to do .She is going to send me the invitation but what should I tell them ? apart from that if I don't mention the nbde will I have the permition to write the exam?

It is your call, there are a few unlucky ones whose Visa was rejected after telling the VO that they are going for USMLE/NBDE exam, also there are people like doc amu, who got their Visa.
You could also say that you are visiting your sister (you have not seen her for 2-3 yrs, etc.) and/or going to US as a tourist
In any case the call is yours...

Ct

IMO......I don't think that is a good idea... tell the VO (Visa Officer) that you are going to US for tourism/visting relatives (if you have any)......don't even utter the word 'dentistry'/'dental exam'....you will be a potential immigrant as the VO knows that majority of the doctors/dentists ain't gonna come back to native country once they start earning in dollars

I agree with the above post. I heard Dental doctors are NOT in scarcity, so mentioning dental itself might help VO to put your file aside. On top of that giving visa or not is completely decided upon the valid documents. VO's might raise eyebrows for visitor visa request. Make sure that you show valid proof that you gonna be back your country very soon.

Officially, thats the case. But between you and me ... they all know that once you are in ... you gonna be in. This is more like a show off.

I agree with the above post. I heard Dental doctors are NOT in scarcity, so mentioning dental itself might help VO to put your file aside. On top of that giving visa or not is completely decided upon the valid documents. VO's might raise eyebrows for visitor visa request. Make sure that you show valid proof that you gonna be back your country very soon.

Officially, thats the case. But between you and me ... they all know that once you are in ... you gonna be in. This is more like a show off.
yes you are right
i told the authorities that i will be back with definate proof
always remember dont try to fool any one be true and always have the valid proof. rest depends on luck
good luck

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
Hi,

Dont even tell the VO that u are coming for the exam. I got rejected twice inspite of providing ample proof of returning to India. They gave me a rejection letter which said...Under section---you are considered as a potential immigrant and can apply for a visa only when there is a change in my marrital status or professional...something like that. I dont clearly remember. Finally i got a tourist visa in my third attempt..but i did noy mention ANYTHING about dentistry. I worte the NBDE without any problems. So go ahead and get your tourist and give your exam.

isnt it bttr to go wth a student visa n get urself enrollred in sme course like Msc oral biology n thn gve ur nbd thr in us???

For all the NDB aspirants:
1)Technically you can write the NDB on a tourist visa , it is not offered in India
2) Not telling the VO about your actual plan , might get you the visa but remember the world is a different place now , all tourists and any kind of visitors are very closely monitored now and it is actually very easy for the INS to find out what a person is up to while their stay in the US . So as far as possible try to be honest.
3) For the aspirant who wants to get a sponsorship letter from a sibling , actually this might work both ways , a close relative or sibling well settled in another country is actually a very strong reason for urself to be a potential immigrant , hence re think that option.
4) Many people do take up non clinical masters programs , but first do figure out your funding sources and remember that these programs might take up a lot of your time and divert you from scoring high on the boards
Good luck

hi i m dr ammy from pakistan.. now planing to give nbde,,, can any1 tell me the exact requirmnt of applying visa,, wht thy need to no or wht i hve to show.. how much chances of getting visa for part1?????? plzz its urgnt tell me..do post me bck

For all the NDB aspirants:
1)Technically you can write the NDB on a tourist visa , it is not offered in India
2) Not telling the VO about your actual plan , might get you the visa but remember the world is a different place now , all tourists and any kind of visitors are very closely monitored now and it is actually very easy for the INS to find out what a person is up to while their stay in the US . So as far as possible try to be honest.
3) For the aspirant who wants to get a sponsorship letter from a sibling , actually this might work both ways , a close relative or sibling well settled in another country is actually a very strong reason for urself to be a potential immigrant , hence re think that option.
4) Many people do take up non clinical masters programs , but first do figure out your funding sources and remember that these programs might take up a lot of your time and divert you from scoring high on the boards
Good luck
hi any1 how can guide me in,i m dr ammy from pakistan.. now planing to give nbde,,, can any1 tell me the exact requirmnt of applying visa,, wht thy need to no or wht i hve to show.. how much chances of getting visa for part1?????? plzz its urgnt tell me..do post me bck,, its urgnt..

hi dr ammy and to all,

I'm also from pakistan and i know in what situation u r currently in....
I have done mu nbde 1 and recently went for nyu interview.........and now waiting.
what i can tell u is abt my experience, whn i went for first time for visit visa they rejected me bz my family was there ,so after 2 yrs i registered myself for nbde 1 and thn make other documents like property ,job certif etc and went for second time for visa..they asked me why i'm going and i told them that i'm going to take nbde 1 on that date and they asked few questions abt my family in usa and their status.they didnt even look on my documents which i prepared for months.............and in the end they gave me multiple visa.so be honest and prepare well for expected questions.after geting visa i extended the date for nbde 1 and came to usa after my prepartion.

so it's all my experience ,i hope it will somehow help. i have couple of friends with no relative in usa and they still got visa on the basis of nbde.it's a long journey but persistence is the key to unlock the doors of success.

best of luck,

hi dr ammy and to all,

I'm also from pakistan and i know in what situation u r currently in....
I have done mu nbde 1 and recently went for nyu interview.........and now waiting.
what i can tell u is abt my experience, whn i went for first time for visit visa they rejected me bz my family was there ,so after 2 yrs i registered myself for nbde 1 and thn make other documents like property ,job certif etc and went for second time for visa..they asked me why i'm going and i told them that i'm going to take nbde 1 on that date and they asked few questions abt my family in usa and their status.they didnt even look on my documents which i prepared for months.............and in the end they gave me multiple visa.so be honest and prepare well for expected questions.after geting visa i extended the date for nbde 1 and came to usa after my prepartion.

so it's all my experience ,i hope it will somehow help. i have couple of friends with no relative in usa and they still got visa on the basis of nbde.it's a long journey but persistence is the key to unlock the doors of success.

best of luck,
ohh thanks man.. i really appretiated.. an i contact u as i really want to no many thngs.... could u plzz gve me ur email address???????? kindly do replyy.. thanks

Hey guys i have my visa interview on wednesday i am 3rd year bds please give me some tips about my interview i have spent a lot both time and money im in a lit of tension dont wanna get rejected

Hey guys i have my visa interview on wednesday i am 3rd year bds please give me some tips about my interview i have spent a lot both time and money im in a lit of tension dont wanna get rejected
In order to be successful in your visa application, you need to show proof of return to your home country: family, education and employment ties. If you are single, childless, then it is hard to prove your return

It is your call, there are a few unlucky ones whose Visa was rejected after telling the VO that they are going for USMLE/NBDE exam, also there are people like doc amu, who got their Visa.
You could also say that you are visiting your sister (you have not seen her for 2-3 yrs, etc.) and/or going to US as a tourist
In any case the call is yours...

Ct
Can I give the exam on F-2 visa ?