Writing Sample?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

therapist89

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am applying to clinical Psych Ph.D. programs this cycle, and a few of my programs either require or ask for a writing sample. I was wondering if it would be sufficient to include a manuscript I currently have under review at a peer-reviewed journal. I'm first-author and did all of the writing; my PI just made minor revisions. Otherwise, I could include an article I wrote that's more news report-esque (still of a solid length) but isn't very academic. I have papers from classes I could use, but none are as full/detailed as the manuscript I have in submission.

Thank you ahead of time for your input. Hope everyone applying this cycle is staying healthy!

Members don't see this ad.

If you have a manuscript under review that you are first author of / that reflects your writing abilities, I can't imagine a better writing sample... except perhaps a manuscript that gets accepted. Good luck with application and with the manuscript.

Reactions: 1 users