Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Writing Sample

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by raptors, May 8, 2007.

1. raptors

I never see anyone post anything about the writing sample? Well at least on the first page of this forum. I'm a little worried about it. I want to achieve at least a Q.

I'm trying to use the princeton method. The "TAS" system: Thesis, Antithesis than Synthesis. I'll be trying to write a few essays a couple times of the week.

I'm currently trying to find good examples to use any suggestions?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. burningsky

Pre-Medical
    I used the TAS system as well but I don't have my scores yet. I went through some of my time magazines and categorized the stories based on some of the topics: politics, ethics, etc. I tried to find events that were recent but not so popular that everyone would write about it. I would also check some of the other basic news websites. Try to become familiar with a few good ones and pick ones that are really interesting to you.