wrong activity date on amcas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

socalrulez

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I put the dates of an activity a month earlier than they actually were. I forgot which month I went when I entered it but I remembered that it was mid-summer. It was a short overseas service activity, and I put July though I checked and I actually went in August. Should I notify AMCAS/schools, or is this too trivial of an issue?

Members don't see this ad.

I put the dates of an activity a month earlier than they actually were. I forgot which month I went when I entered it but I remembered that it was mid-summer. It was a short overseas service activity, and I put July though I checked and I actually went in August. Should I notify AMCAS/schools, or is this too trivial of an issue?
The difference in time is too trivial to correct.

I shortened one of my activities by a year accidentally, and while frustrating, I didn't contact schools. I didn't realize it until halfway through secondaries, but I mentioned it on subsequent secondaries if there was space.

Members don't see this ad :)
I turned in most of my secondaries already. I was thinking this was not a big issue, but didn't want this to bite me in the butt later on if they called me out on it. I'm only concerned if they wanted to verify this activity and see a date that is inconsistent with what I put on AMCAS.

I turned in most of my secondaries already. I was thinking this was not a big issue, but didn't want this to bite me in the butt later on if they called me out on it. I'm only concerned if they wanted to verify this activity and see a date that is inconsistent with what I put on AMCAS.
It's a month, and an honest mistake. I don't think that they'll think you were trying to pull one over on them, especially if the hours are accurate.

Reactions: 1 user
I had to guess a lot of my stuff ( I didn't remember exact dates for when I was, say, employed at cafe X vs cafe Y ten years ago). Of course I looked up what I could (old W2s and all), but some of them got a good "rough guess". It's easy to feel concerned about it, but this was the closest I could get, and I'm sure I missed the mark by well over A month. Point is, you're not alone with the wonky dates. a month is negligible, and in either case, you didn't intentionally attempt to falsify anything. It's understandable, so relax and enjoy the brief moment of pleasure of having completed a portion of the behemoth marathon that is medical school applications.

Reactions: 1 user