Wrong date for IA on AMCAS and TMDSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RichterScorpio

Reaction score
Hi All,

While reporting IA on AMCAS and TMDSAS, I accidentally wrote down the wrong date. It's off by approximately a year. Some of my secondaries are prompting me to elaborate further, so I'm unsure as to whether I should plug in the incorrect date then fire off an update e-mail, or update it with the correct one. How would I go about remediating such an issue?

The IA is for disorderly conduct (public urination). To clarify, this occurred at night, behind a building, and I didn't think anybody was around to see it. I certainly regret my actions, and I haven't done anything that stupid since.

Members don't see this ad.

While reporting IA on AMCAS and TMDSAS, I accidentally wrote down the wrong date. It's off by approximately a year. Some of my secondaries are prompting me to elaborate further, so I'm unsure as to whether I should plug in the incorrect date then fire off an update e-mail, or update it with the correct one. How would I go about remediating such an issue?

The IA is for disorderly conduct (public urination). To clarify, this occurred at night, behind a building, and I didn't think anybody was around to see it. I certainly regret my actions, and I haven't done anything that stupid since.
Use the Secondary to set the record straight, where an appropriate prompt is given.

Use the Secondary to set the record straight, where an appropriate prompt is given.

Do you think I should directly address that I wrote the wrong date? Also, should I send e-mails to schools that don't ask for further elaboration?

1) Do you think I should directly address that I wrote the wrong date?
2) Also, should I send e-mails to schools that don't ask for further elaboration?
1) Yes, with a brief aside in parentheses, like, (note corrected date) or somesuch.

2) Yes. Again keep it brief, like, "Please correct the date of the Institutional Action that I reported to xx/xx/xxxx. I apologize for the error.

Sincerely,
RichterScorpio
AMCAS# 2234567