• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

wrong pills?

bashaut

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hi,

I have an interview for pharmacy school in Iowa next week and I would like to hear your answers as pharmacists on what would you do if you gave the wrong pills to a patient?
Thanks!

About the Ads

VanduchiPharmD

10+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Well, you apologize to them, get them the correct stuff, give them their copay back as well as waiving their new copay, then go on and find out why it happened, and file a report documenting everything you did and did not do.

Also, if they took some of the medication, call the physician let them know as well in case they would like to do something.

Good luck in your interview, I graduated from Iowa in 05, I really enjoyed going there, but remember to have fun, Iowa City makes it easy to do that :)

sdn1977

10+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2005
Status (Visible)
Well, you apologize to them, get them the correct stuff, give them their copay back as well as waiving their new copay, then go on and find out why it happened, and file a report documenting everything you did and did not do.

Also, if they took some of the medication, call the physician let them know as well in case they would like to do something.

Good luck in your interview, I graduated from Iowa in 05, I really enjoyed going there, but remember to have fun, Iowa City makes it easy to do that :)

:thumbup: exactly that & in about exactly that same order!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.