wrong pills?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bashaut

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an interview for pharmacy school in Iowa next week and I would like to hear your answers as pharmacists on what would you do if you gave the wrong pills to a patient?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't like the idea of giving monetary compensation.

I try to explain what happend and let them know specific steps that will be taken to prevent a recurrance.

Incident reports are good for finding patterns and system problems.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, you apologize to them, get them the correct stuff, give them their copay back as well as waiving their new copay, then go on and find out why it happened, and file a report documenting everything you did and did not do.

Also, if they took some of the medication, call the physician let them know as well in case they would like to do something.

Good luck in your interview, I graduated from Iowa in 05, I really enjoyed going there, but remember to have fun, Iowa City makes it easy to do that :)

Well, you apologize to them, get them the correct stuff, give them their copay back as well as waiving their new copay, then go on and find out why it happened, and file a report documenting everything you did and did not do.

Also, if they took some of the medication, call the physician let them know as well in case they would like to do something.

Good luck in your interview, I graduated from Iowa in 05, I really enjoyed going there, but remember to have fun, Iowa City makes it easy to do that :)

:thumbup: exactly that & in about exactly that same order!

This may be an interview prep question....but its also relevant to current students & practioners!