WSU Pharmacy interview Coming soon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golddagger

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a pharmacy interview with Washington state university in Spokane and I am nervous. what questions do they ask and how was the interview process for those who had it already? Any tips before the interview?
What type of questions they asked? Please help me.
How long does it take to hear from them?

Members don't see this ad.

I would just google, "pharmacy school interview questions." Definitely be able to answer why you want to go to pharmacy school in general, and why you chose to apply at xyz particular school.
Here's the first site that popped up. If you keep searching, I'm sure there's more.
http://sciencepreps.iupui.edu/pharmacy-school-interview-questions
https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/ultimate-potential-interview-question-list.719760/

I found out the day after my interview, but it depends on the school.

Make sure you wear a suit or a blazer with professional dress. This may seem like a no brainer, but I actually had to go out and buy one, I was new to that concept.

Be confident and pretend the interviewers are all naked. Or tellitubbies, if the first one is deeply disturbing.

Good luck :)

P.S. I wouldn't worry too hard about the silly questions, like "what animal would you want to be?" and "What 3 wishes do you want from a lamp?"
Just give them an answer because [insert positive reason]. E.g. I would be a dog because I enjoy companionship and teamwork. I've personally never been asked any of these dumb questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I know you will have interviews with faculty and upper classman or alumni? I don't remember exactly as this was what my friend told me after his interview couple of years ago. They'll probably split people into group interview then individual one. I'm guessing there'll be standard interview questions like why you want to do pharmacy, and situation type of questions etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't interview there but pretty much every school asked most of these questions:

Why pharmacy (Come up with something better than "I want to help people")
Why this school (Probably good to mention a few very specific reasons to show that you have researched the school)
Tell me about a time you were a leader
Tell me about a time you managed conflict
What are you strengths/weaknesses
Tell me about you experience in pharmacy
Tell me about your extracurriculars
One or two of them asked what I would do if I saw someone cheating (Obvious answer is to report them, but most students probably just talk about the ethics of it. I mentioned that if a student cheats their way through school they are potentially putting patients at risk and can damage the reputation of the profession if they are not competent)
Some of them asked me to explain a low grade in a class, others never mentioned grades or PCAT

They will always ask if you have any questions at the end of the interview and it's a good idea to have 1-2 questions to ask them; it shows that you have looked into the program and it shows genuine interest. For example you could ask them what community involvement opportunities there are for pharmacy students, or ask about student organizations, or ask about a specific thing that you see in their website or something talked about in the tour.

It's a good idea to know the specific points that you want to hit for each question, but don't memorize an answer word for word. You want the interview to flow smoothly. Honestly I interviewed at 4 schools and never really ran into a question that caught me off guard. I also noticed that interviewers love to ask follow up questions based on the answer that you give so don't let this throw you off.

One of the schools called me an hour after the interview, 2 of them took 2-3 days, and one took about a week. I guess it depends on if the school uses rolling admissions or sends out all of the acceptance letters at once. Obviously you want to wear the full suit. I remember at one of my interviews some girl showed up in jeans so I figured it was worth mentioning... also as obvious as it sounds don't mention the word money in your interview... some people are stupid enough to talk about salary as a motivation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Confidence is key. But don't be overconfident to where you look arrogant. You obviously got the interview which means you qualify on paper. Its all about personality at this point. Just relax, answer questions with confidence, and present the best version of yourself and you should be fine. They either let you know same day (they hand you a letter) or it could take 1 week to 3 months. They send out acceptance emails and letters out in waves so it could take a while. I interviewed end of December and got my acceptance email the first week of March.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone,
I have a pharmacy interview with Washington state university in Spokane and I am nervous. what questions do they ask and how was the interview process for those who had it already? Any tips before the interview?
Hi everyone,

Hi I interviewed at WSU last year and I am a current PY1 at WSu.I will attach a link to a video my friends and I made about our interview experience, how to dress , answer questions and all that.Hope it helps.youtube]zp0gIc4NJO0 good luck on your interview!!!!

Hi I interviewed at WSU last year and I am a current PY1 at WSu.I will attach a link to a video my friends and I made about our interview experience, how to dress , answer questions and all that.Hope it helps.youtube]zp0gIc4NJO0 good luck on your interview!!!!
Hi,
Can you please update the link? it not working, I have an interview coming at Spokane campus.

Does anyone have any upcoming interviews? I have one scheduled for 2/9/2018 on the Spokane campus!