WVSOM Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait if you were accepted at wvsom before march 15, shouldn't have you placed in your deposit by now. It has to be due by march 15, so how do you still have time?

Well, obviously I'd lose my deposit, but I still have time to decided.

I have pretty much picked WVSOM, I just want to mull over options for a few more weeks.

Regardless of my final decision, they are both awesome schools and I'm totally stoked to have this decision to make!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, obviously I'd lose my deposit, but I still have time to decided.

I have pretty much picked WVSOM, I just want to mull over options for a few more weeks.

Regardless of my final decision, they are both awesome schools and I'm totally stoked to have this decision to make!

If you don't mind sharing, when did you get accepted to wvsom and exactly how long do you have until you can make a deposit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I'm a current applicant and I was placed on the alternate list last week. I was wondering, does this gurantee me automatic acceptance into next year if I don't get in this year? Or is anyone placed on the alternate list not necessarily guranteed a seat for the following year? Thanks!

Hey guys! I'm a current applicant and I was placed on the alternate list last week. I was wondering, does this gurantee me automatic acceptance into next year if I don't get in this year? Or is anyone placed on the alternate list not necessarily guranteed a seat for the following year? Thanks!

I would call Angie or Annette in the Admissions office and ask. I recall someone being accepted but having to wait for the following year's class to attend. I'm not sure whether that's the case from your wording, and I doubt anyone could give you an answer besides the admissions folk.

I would call Angie or Annette in the Admissions office and ask. I recall someone being accepted but having to wait for the following year's class to attend. I'm not sure whether that's the case from your wording, and I doubt anyone could give you an answer besides the admissions folk.

Yup, just to clarify i already interviewed and my decision status read "Alternate List." But like you said the admissions office knows best so i'll probably give them a call in a bit. What was bothering me was the fact that I read that several people stated that, in the official decision letter that they received from WVSOM, at the bottom of the letter that if they didn't get bumped up from the Alternate list that year, they would have automatic acceptance for the following year. And my letter said nothing of that sort. It stated that I was on the Alternate list.
-Thanks

Yup, just to clarify i already interviewed and my decision status read "Alternate List." But like you said the admissions office knows best so i'll probably give them a call in a bit. What was bothering me was the fact that I read that several people stated that, in the official decision letter that they received from WVSOM, at the bottom of the letter that if they didn't get bumped up from the Alternate list that year, they would have automatic acceptance for the following year. And my letter said nothing of that sort. It stated that I was on the Alternate list.
-Thanks

Being on the Alternate list DOES NOT gurantee acceptance into next years class, you would have to apply and interview all over again for the 2012-13 cycle. You definitely have a better chance since the school will know you are serious about really wanting to go there but thats about it.

The last time I spoke with Annette, I was told that the committee has not yet decided to offer automatic acceptance for the next cycle. Unless they have made the decision not to offer seats since my last call, I suspect that they are still in the process of deciding what to do.

-Thanks

As of now they're only sending out letters stating the current status of your application which is being on the Alternate list. If and when they do decide to give automatic acceptance for the following year, those letters will be mailed out as well. Your current letter cannot state that just yet because you might get in this year. So, we can only expect those letters late July. Also, lets not forget that they haven't even decided if the automatic acceptance for next year is something they're deciding to do like they have in previous years.

Does anyone know if there is a different financial aid budget amount for students with families?

I'm hoping there is a supplement I can apply for or something.

Does anyone know if there is a different financial aid budget amount for students with families?

I'm hoping there is a supplement I can apply for or something.
I don't think there is. If you filled out FAFSA, they more or less tell you what you can qualify for. Sub Stafford, UnSub Stafford, though beyond that you'd have to ask the Financial Aid office. The folks there would be able to offer some solutions. Spouse able to work?

Just got back from visiting Lewisburg and found a nice reasonable house. If anyone has any questions about places to live please feel free to contact me as I have checked out many of the sites listed on the housing page.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looking forward to meeting the class of 2015. I interviewed in January, and just made my SDN account, long time reader, first time poster.

Welcome and hope to meet everyone.

From Chicago, Illinois

Just got an email, saying they will accept alternates for next year, so you don't have to interview and apply again.

Hi guys! Looking forward to meeting the Class of 2015. I had my interview back in January but just decided to attend WVSOM earlier today!!! :)

Does anyone know when the white coat ceremony is going to be?

Does anyone know when the white coat ceremony is going to be?

It seems to be in september based on the last few years. Some schools do it right off the bat but they seem to like to wait a few weeks here.

Can those who got accepted let us know his/her MCAT score and GPA, if you dont mind.

Hello everyone! I've never posted on here, but I got accepted last week so I figured I would say hello.

I am very excited about WVSOM, it has everything that I could ask for in the school. I have visited 5 other medical schools, and this school has the nicest campus by far. (Most schools are a single building)

I have read that some of you are concerned about the town. I think that is sometyhing to consider, but if you've been around Lewisburg, its actually pretty nice. Also, we are only there for 2 years, the rotations are done around the state (and some out of state if you'd like).

The only complaint I have ever heard about the school is the town (and that's obv not from everyone). For that to be the only complaint, that says something. And again, its 2 very busy years.

Ok, got to go study. Oh, and since everyone is sharing, I'm a Floridian

Hi I have Property for rent and I just cant seem to find the housing site to post it, any help greatly appreciated

anyone get accepted off the waitlist?

Just gave up my spot today, enjoy WVSOM whoever gets it. It's a great school.

anyone know the lor requirements?

I know this is last year's thread, but I have a question.

Did any of you all apply last minute (Close to or on the Feb 15th deadline)?
If so, did you get an interview? Were you accepted?

Any information you can share would be great! Post here or PM me! Thanks a lot!