You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WVSOM Discussion Thread 2011-2012
Started by ShyRem
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Decision deferred here.
What does that mean? They put you on hold until later?
What does that mean? They put you on hold until later?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I got the email today too. It's the second email I've gotten saying that actually haha. Basically they are re-reviewing everyone at a later date. I was told interviews for sure will not begin until after labor day.
ok good, so a lot of you got decision deferred. i was thinking maybe there was a flaw in my application and my chances for getting into the school completely had gone down the drain......
well I think it kind of SUCKS. I called annette moore in may to discuss my application from last year. when I applied i had an mcat score pending. she told me they never re-reviewed my file after I was placed on decision deffered last year even after they got me new and better mcat score. so I am kinda bummed about this.
Did anyone not get decision deferred? Lol.
Did anyone not get decision deferred? Lol.
Pending....
D
deleted336217
Pending...
3.9, 28R
I already sent in my letters as well.
Would really love to receive an acceptance from here.
3.9, 28R
I already sent in my letters as well.
Would really love to receive an acceptance from here.
so i haven't got an email or anything but when i check my applicant status on their site, it says:
Decision Pending
You have been granted an Interview
has this happened to anyone else or has other interview invites gotten emails?
Decision Pending
You have been granted an Interview
has this happened to anyone else or has other interview invites gotten emails?
same here. not sure what to doso i haven't got an email or anything but when i check my applicant status on their site, it says:
Decision Pending
You have been granted an Interview
has this happened to anyone else or has other interview invites gotten emails?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I'm just gonna call them tommorow and ask them wtf is up
Grats! Still waiting for an invite.
Are you in state?
Thanks, yep im a WV resident! Im sure youll hear soon - it seems like they are just getting started with invites.
Anybody else gonna be there September 16th?
got the interview invite today...guess they updated the status of my application before they sent out the email
Interview invite for 10/7! I got it in an email at around noon. I'm from CA, so I've been thoroughly spoiled by the weather here. :[
Interview 9/30! 🙂
Interview invite for 10/7! I got it in an email at around noon. I'm from CA, so I've been thoroughly spoiled by the weather here. :[
Same here. Gonna miss this California sunshine..
I'm several years from applying anywhere, but WVSOM is already my top out of state school, along with TCOM since I'm a Texas native even though I live in NV now.....
I have absolutely no reason to think about this now, but since I'm an overeager pre-med who can't hardly think of anything else these days but medical school, I might as well ask - what do they consider as "significant ties to the community?"
My dad was from WV and I have a huuuuuge family base there. Like over a hundred first and second cousins huge, and I've spent a bit of time there. Is that on par with what they're looking for? I'm just curious. I've never been to that part of the state or seen what it looks like, but everything I've heard about WVSOM has my interest piqued.
I have absolutely no reason to think about this now, but since I'm an overeager pre-med who can't hardly think of anything else these days but medical school, I might as well ask - what do they consider as "significant ties to the community?"
My dad was from WV and I have a huuuuuge family base there. Like over a hundred first and second cousins huge, and I've spent a bit of time there. Is that on par with what they're looking for? I'm just curious. I've never been to that part of the state or seen what it looks like, but everything I've heard about WVSOM has my interest piqued.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am interviewing in Sept as well. I think I'm gonna make my secondary between 500-600 as well
How long are you guys going to make the secondary essay? I was thinking like 500-600 words.
I was wondering that too? It can't be too long since it has to arrive within one week of email notification of interview, right?
How long are you guys going to make the secondary essay? I was thinking like 500-600 words.
I did about 500-600 words too. I think that should be long enough, since we just have a week. I doubt they want to read too much more than a page(?).
would some of you with interview invites mind sharing your stats?
3.49, 3.48, 27S. So excited! I love this school!
Pending here as well....for those of you with interviews, how long was it between recieving the pending email and the invite?
Congrats to those who have already gotten interviews. Question for you guys, are you from WV or are you from OOS?
Wondering why I didn't get an invite.
Wondering why I didn't get an invite.
would some of you with interview invites mind sharing your stats?
3.43 cGPA, 3.31 sGPA, 32M and I'm out of state
anyone who previously had the "decision deffered" status, did your status change from that to "decison pending?" kinda getting frustrated cuz mine still says deferred and lots of people are already getting interview invites. could b because of my low mcat 3.7 sgpa, 3.7 cgpa, 24O mcat (retaking sept 2nd).
Pending...
3.9, 28R
I already sent in my letters as well.
Would really love to receive an acceptance from here.
hm wow...and no interview?
what is the secondary prompt?
why are ppl getting interviews so quickly?
have they already submitted their secondary and got a quick turn around from admissions?
Hey you all I am a first year here at WVSOM and have been reading your thread so far. For those of you that have been deferred or pending don't worry about it. I was put on the pending/deferred list several times and finally interviewed in January and was accepted. Also if I can answer any questions for you guys I'd be more than happy to help you out with any questions you might have. to give you a little bit more about me I am a non traditional med student, married and over the age of 25 (I'm not giving out my real age!) So I can also help with any questions in that area too. Best of luck guys and don't give up hope!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So it's normal to be have "Decision Pending" for a month? Mine has said that since July 27th. Seems a bit absurd to me.
Yeah, I think it is. I have been for quite a while as well, but that is also because they are waiting on my new MCAT.
Will anyone else be there for the 9/19 morning interview?
Good luck guys! It's a good school. You get a great education there. Admissions staff are very friendly so don't stress over the interview process. It'll be by far the tamest interview you have.
-Rich (WVSOM Alumni 2008)
-Rich (WVSOM Alumni 2008)
anyone who previously had the "decision deffered" status, did your status change from that to "decison pending?" kinda getting frustrated cuz mine still says deferred and lots of people are already getting interview invites. could b because of my low mcat 3.7 sgpa, 3.7 cgpa, 24O mcat (retaking sept 2nd).
Mine was deferred for about a week until my MCAT score processed, then it switched to pending. How long did everyone who got an interview have a "pending" status?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 130
- Views
- 28K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 373
- Views
- 81K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 40K
- Replies
- 376
- Views
- 77K
