WVSOM vs. Nova Clearwater (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

confusedalmostdoc

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Accepted to both but need to make a decision within 24 hours.. it seems like a tough decision given that Nova Clearwater is a new campus and I didn't even enter the school. WVSOM is a solid institution, but very different from Nova due to location. Also Nova offers dual degrees unlike WV.

Members don't see this ad.

I would pick NOVA since success in medical school mainly comes from the individual student. More opportunities around Clearwater/Tampa for research and connections for residency. I also wouldn’t want to live in West Virginia.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I would pick NOVA since success in medical school mainly comes from the individual student. More opportunities around Clearwater/Tampa for research and connections for residency. I also wouldn’t want to live in West Virginia.
whats wrong with WV?

whats wrong with WV?

Personal preference of not wanting to live there. I’m sure WVUSOM it is a fine school though.

I did not go to NOVA or WVUSOM, but objectively looking at the opportunities I feel like there is a higher likelihood of making academic connections in Tampa/Clearwater than rural WV. Hence why I made my previous comment. You will find out being sucessful in med school is 99% on the individual student. Going to an “established” DO school makes no difference.

Reactions: 1 user