WW Speed Round Sign-ups & Game Thread

Started by Caia
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can't think of anyone off the top of my head who would do this...

Huh. I guess I'm the only one that thinks that it's kinda lame. I mean, it's not like it's a challenge to 'fool' the players as a mod. You hold all the cards, knowledge-wise. If I create a villager role called ImaWolf and players vote to lynch it and then - ah-HA! - it's a villager... big flippin' deal. Everyone gloats and pats themselves on the back and calls them self an 'evil mod'. Meanwhile, as a player, I just sit there and roll my eyes and think "Ok. I guess I'm not even going to bother to try and play the game - I'll just coast along and throw random votes, since the mod clearly designed this just to be pointlessly confusing."

There's good confusing and there's pointless confusing. And many of the newer mods think that they know the difference, but they don't. SOV knows the difference. DVMD has put together some good games that were still confusing. Most of the rest of the 'villager-confusing mechanisms' have just been pointless.

Dunno. I'm clearly in the minority, and that's probably best. 🙂
 
Huh. I guess I'm the only one that thinks that it's kinda lame. I mean, it's not like it's a challenge to 'fool' the players as a mod. You hold all the cards, knowledge-wise. If I create a villager role called ImaWolf and players vote to lynch it and then - ah-HA! - it's a villager... big flippin' deal. Everyone gloats and pats themselves on the back and calls them self an 'evil mod'. Meanwhile, as a player, I just sit there and roll my eyes and think "Ok. I guess I'm not even going to bother to try and play the game - I'll just coast along and throw random votes, since the mod clearly designed this just to be pointlessly confusing."

There's good confusing and there's pointless confusing. And many of the newer mods think that they know the difference, but they don't. SOV knows the difference. DVMD has put together some good games that were still confusing. Most of the rest of the 'villager-confusing mechanisms' have just been pointless.

Dunno. I'm clearly in the minority, and that's probably best. 🙂
Sorry lol, I meant that fairly sarcastically 🙁. Sarcasm doesn't always come across well...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad