This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SitusInversus

Reaction score
x

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey,

I was accepted last year but had to defer because of my mom's ill health. I'm supposed to be starting school this August but I don't know if I want to anymore. This past gap year was really eye-opening and it made me realize that I don't actually want to become a doctor and am more interested in dentistry. My question is, how do I go about explaining this to my school given the fact that I sent them a letter last year asking for a deferral? I would really appreciate any advice.

Thank you
Just call them and tell them you are withdrawing I would think. Sorry you lost the passion to pursue medicine. Do you just really like teeth or was there something that happened that made you change your mind?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hey,

I was accepted last year but had to defer because of my mom's ill health. I'm supposed to be starting school this August but I don't know if I want to anymore. This past gap year was really eye-opening and it made me realize that I don't actually want to become a doctor and am more interested in dentistry. My question is, how do I go about explaining this to my school given the fact that I sent them a letter last year asking for a deferral? I would really appreciate any advice.

Thank you
Let them know now so that they can adjust their expectations regarding the incoming class.
They will understand.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users