Xavier University, Aruba

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ejikeme888

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tried many U.S medical schools but all were no show, so i tried medical schools Caribbean and I got admission with Xavier University, Aruba. I hope to start on January 5th 2009. Please any one know where i can find some financial help because am not rich or my family. Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm moving this post to the Caribbean forum because the people who post in there are likely to have a better understanding of what the options may be for you.

Are you planning to do residency in the USA? What percent of Xavier students actually graduate, vs. fail out? What percentage of them pass the US medical licensing exam Step 1 and 2, which are required to get into a US residency? Where are their clinical clerkship sites/rotation sites for 3rd and 4th year of medical school? What percent of Xavier students in the past 5 years have matched into a residency in the US?

I would get written answers to these from Xavier before you go down there. You don't want to waste your time, effort and tuition money. Many people have created medical schools and accepted students down there in the Caribbean, because they are guaranteed to make money. However, if the students are US students who want to practice in the US, then they should protect their own interests and carefully research the school before accepting the admissions offer.

If the priority is to live and work in the US ultimately, then it might be bette to explore all the Caribbean med schools to make sure you have picked the best one, or to improve your application and go for a school in the US again. IMHO, it would also be much better to work in the US as a nurse practitioner or physician's assistant (who are doing much the same job as many family docs and general internists, minus some of the really sick/complicated patients), a physical therapist, pharmacist, etc. than to go to a Caribbean med school and then be stuck without the ability to get a residency in the US.

You would need to find a private loan company like GradPlus that has Xavier on an approved list.