Yale Class of 2012 Thread: Wuddup Nutmeg State!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not there yet but that is all great news...I am super jealous and seriously can't wait to get started. Sounds like you are the designated tour guide when we get there ;)

Anyone else out there getting excited? I'm in that beginning to pack/making road trip plans (coming from LA)/consolidating into what can fit in my car, etc.

Two months!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys! I'm moving to New Haven this weekend. We (APs) start on Tuesday. Very excited!!! Lkng fwd to meeting you all.

Hi all! I'm looking at plane tickets to New Haven and I was wondering what airport(s) do students usually fly to? I was checking out Tweed airport, but it seems it doesn't offer much carriers. I would have to make 3+ transfers just to reach Tweed from the South. I also read that people just fly to the New York airports (JFK, LGA, and Newark) and take the trains to New Haven. Thoughts? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! I'm looking at plane tickets to New Haven and I was wondering what airport(s) do students usually fly to? I was checking out Tweed airport, but it seems it doesn't offer much carriers. I would have to make 3+ transfers just to reach Tweed from the South. I also read that people just fly to the New York airports (JFK, LGA, and Newark) and take the trains to New Haven. Thoughts? Thanks!

LGA I find to be the most convenient. Go to LGA, take the M60 Bus to Harlem 125st and take the MTA-North train from there to New haven.

JFK requires a few more transfers or the NY Airport Shuttle (to Grand Central) and then take the MTA-North train.

Newark is a lot more trouble than it's worth to get back to Connecticut.

Anybody here yet? I just got in a few days ago and would love to meet up if anybody's up for it!

Hey Kakoma!

I've been posted up in East Rock for the summer, but, ironically, I'm headed to upstate NY for 5 or so days in an hour or so. Where in New Haven did you end up?

Make sure to hit Anna Liffey's Tuesday pub quiz, Richter's half yards, Pepe's (or Sally's) Pizza on Wooster street (SO good...though locals apparently prefer Modern's on State Street, but I've never been), the farmer's market this weekend in Wooster Square, the Music/Shakespeare on the Green series (if they have any thing this week), mahmouds, miya's sushi on Howe, the Med School/LEPH $5 lunch carts (SO good) between 11-2ish.

I mean... if you have some free time. haha

Oh, and East Rock Park has an awesome view of the city and the harbor (a highly recommended it for a run/bike/hike/drive).

Last edited:
Thanks for the great ideas WERD814. Too bad Modern is closed until Aug. 21... so next week I guess. I'm also in East Rock and have been frequenting Nica's for their amazing sandwiches. I think after this week is done I'll be able to roll my way to campus.. hahah.

I hope you enjoyed some time off from New Haven and enjoyed NY. See you at school!

Unless you're going to the mixers... then I'll see you on Sat.

Ha. Glad to hear theres no shortage of things to do. I'm moving up this Friday. I especially like that theres a good place for trivia. Always a good time.