Yale Med Accepted and Waitlisted-Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What is your current status post-interview at Yale Med?

• Accepted, definitely attending

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Accepted, probably attending

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Accepted, probably not attending

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Waitlist, accepted waitlist position

Votes: 31 45.6%
  • Waitlist, withdrew waitlist position

Votes: 10 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Farmako22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is your current status post-interview at Yale Med?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
How is that possible? I thought they accepted only 100 initially to insure a class size of 100??

How is that possible? I thought they accepted only 100 initially to insure a class size of 100??
Schools know that not every person they accept will eventually decide to enroll, so all schools overaccept (to various extents)

could be some not 2014s. i'm in a group and i know there are a bunch of older students in it trying to sell us apartments.

Are you in the Facebook group? That group has 115 members as of today. Its description states:
"Facebook group for all YSM Class of 2014 accepted students." It would be interesting to know if all 115 are indeed accepted students.

i was invited to the facebook group via email by an admissions staff member...so i think they are the ones controlling access to the group. not sure if there are any 2013ers in there...too tired to look. but there is definitely at least one admissions person who is not an accepted student in that group :laugh:

some quick inside info, they accepted ~220 students right now, last year they accepted 246 (initial round +waitlist), so I guess the projection is that they will take ~20 students off the waitlist if enrollment rate stays consistent with last year's, but who knows.

anyone know when financial aid packages come out? cant find any info on the website or last years thread.

Yikes, looks like they might even be oversubscribed

No they're not. I just got off the WL, and I asked the Dean this question. For every one person that leaves, another spot is opened. The reason that Facebook group has more people is because of current MS1 joining to answer questions or housing offers.

89 showing on the facebook group as of tonight with at least one being an administration representative.

Has anyone inquired about their wait list process? There seems to be lots of movement, but no information/communication from the school.

anyone know if there's going to be anymore waitlist movement or is it a lost cause at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.