Yale Waitlist Thread 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where do we get the financial aid forms?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I sent an application update to Mr. Silverman but never heard if he received it. Should I email / call? Do they normally respond to those letters?

Decided to withdraw from the Yale waitlist today. Best of luck everyone! :D

High priority waitlist

Nyx1622 (3/24)
guoj (3/26)

Regular waitlist

njcaldwell (3/29)
Andando (03/26)
JohnnyDrama (3/26)
lolagene (03/26)
cgscribe (03/24)
ltrain (03/24)
gonviper (03/24)
dantt (03/26)
docjg17 (03/24)
CubanDoc (3/26)
Yehosh (3/26)
i'm the map (3/26)
esdp85(3/24)
Homer Simpson (3/24)
orangescape (3/24)
FujiApple (3/26)
LaDAndouna (3/26)
WhyIsThisSoHard (3/26)
4paw (3/26, dated 3/23)
Zellybelly (3/27)
jdm34721 (3/23)
creative11 (3/23)
TheAsianBullet (3/23)
Allie1984 (3/28)
babel (3/24)
uclaRM (3/24)
444 (3/23)
Prizzi (3/25)
eekonomics (3/25)

Withdraw from waitlist (indicate which tier)

fotografia (4/09, tier unknown, not HP)

Acceptance from waitlist (indicate which tier)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
1. CLICK "QUOTE" IN THE MOST RECENT LIST.
2. REMOVE THE "QUOTE TAGS" AT THE BEGINNING AND END OF THE MESSAGE. (THOSE ARE THE (QUOTE=username;123456) and (/QUOTE) EXCEPT WITH BRACKETS IN PLACE OF THE PARENTHESES.
3. ADD YOURSELF.
4. WRITE WHAT YOU DID IN THE TITLE AT THE TOP.
5. IF YOU CAN'T DO IT RIGHT, THEN JUST ASK TO BE ADDED (WITHOUT QUOTING THE WHOLE LIST).

woohoo! Thanks for doing that early fotografia!! Congrats on your acceptance :)

Hey guys, just trying to keep the thread alive. Any news on waitlist activity? Chances are no, but I just wanted to throw the question out there to respark the fire. Plus, I'm already beyond the point of insanity...

High priority waitlist

Nyx1622 (3/24)
guoj (3/26)

Regular waitlist

njcaldwell (3/29)
Andando (03/26)
JohnnyDrama (3/26)
lolagene (03/26)
cgscribe (03/24)
ltrain (03/24)
gonviper (03/24)
dantt (03/26)
docjg17 (03/24)
CubanDoc (3/26)
Yehosh (3/26)
i'm the map (3/26)
esdp85(3/24)
Homer Simpson (3/24)
orangescape (3/24)
FujiApple (3/26)
LaDAndouna (3/26)
WhyIsThisSoHard (3/26)
4paw (3/26, dated 3/23)
Zellybelly (3/27)
jdm34721 (3/23)
creative11 (3/23)
TheAsianBullet (3/23)
Allie1984 (3/28)
babel (3/24)
uclaRM (3/24)
444 (3/23)
Prizzi (3/25)
eekonomics (3/25)
e12345r (3/23)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
2. REMOVE THE "QUOTE TAGS" AT THE BEGINNING AND END OF THE MESSAGE. (THOSE ARE THE (QUOTE=username;123456) and (/QUOTE) EXCEPT WITH BRACKETS IN PLACE OF THE PARENTHESES.
3. ADD YOURSELF.
5. IF YOU CAN'T DO IT RIGHT, THEN JUST ASK TO BE ADDED (WITHOUT QUOTING THE WHOLE LIST).

Well, I've just got that financial aid application bundle done, and ready to mail in what needs to be mailed in. Close to the wire! To anyone outstanding, heads up for the May 1 deadline!

Let's hope this parlays into an actual acceptance soon enough.

I'm interested in what may be happening in terms of waitlist groups, too. I haven't called yet, though... just called.

So, the rank order will be determined by committee in the next couple weeks, at which time we'll be getting an email to say when we can call.

Siobhan

Am on the high waitlist, and still no word.
I heard, though, that 2nd look weekend is on the 26th or 27th. Hopefully this will motivate some people to make some decisions, and we'll finally get some waitlist movement!

Hi Everyone.

If you're anything like me, you've been watching every other thread that might have even the slightest to do with Yale. Nevertheless, thought I would mention the acceptance withdrawal thread.

Appears that a handful of people have already withdrawn their Yale acceptances. (One of them I think was MSTP. The other claimed to withdraw before the e-mails went out. So, I'm not taking too much stock in that one.) Either way, let's keep our fingers crossed that the trend continues!

I have a friend who just got off the Yale MSTP Waiting List via e-mail.

Take this with a grain of salt. But I heard from someone, who claims to know a girl who got off the high wait list a couple of weeks ago...again, take this with a grain of salt. Since I have not heard anything on this board I am doubtful its true, but taken together with MSTP movement mentioned above I think we should all be ready to hear some movement soon. My guess is the email goes out May 16th. they appear to be a couple days ahead of last year.

any evidence that anyone ranked 2 or 3 (as opposed to 1) has ever gotten in off wait list at Yale ? and won't level 1 be everyone already notified as "hi waitlist" ?

Members don't see this ad :)
so, remove from High waitlist.

High priority waitlist

Nyx1622 (3/24)

Regular waitlist

njcaldwell (3/29)
Andando (03/26)
JohnnyDrama (3/26)
lolagene (03/26)
cgscribe (03/24)
ltrain (03/24)
gonviper (03/24)
dantt (03/26)
docjg17 (03/24)
CubanDoc (3/26)
Yehosh (3/26)
i'm the map (3/26)
esdp85(3/24)
Homer Simpson (3/24)
orangescape (3/24)
FujiApple (3/26)
LaDAndouna (3/26)
WhyIsThisSoHard (3/26)
4paw (3/26, dated 3/23)
Zellybelly (3/27)
jdm34721 (3/23)
creative11 (3/23)
TheAsianBullet (3/23)
Allie1984 (3/28)
babel (3/24)
uclaRM (3/24)
444 (3/23)
Prizzi (3/25)
eekonomics (3/25)
e12345r (3/23)

guoj

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.

any evidence that anyone ranked 2 or 3 (as opposed to 1) has ever gotten in off wait list at Yale ? and won't level 1 be everyone already notified as "hi waitlist" ?

Actually, the High Waitlist is separate from tiers 1, 2, and 3 of the waitlist. The three tiers are determined in middle to later May while High Waitlist is determined simultaneously with initial admission notices. As for acceptance from the waitlist, apparently last year many people in Tier 2 were let in. I believe there's more detailed discussion of this earlier in the thread.

do we know for sure some high waitlist ppl already get taken off? Any other news?

Yeah, I would LOVE to know too :)

Withdrew my acceptance from Yale today - good luck everyone!!

Thanks! Best of luck where ever you decided to go, which I'm sure is great given you got into Yale.

Great to see that the thread is coming back to life. Thanks a ton GoBlueMD! Noticed from your mdapplicant profile that you'll be going to Stanford. I go to UofM myself (or actually, as of Saturday, I guess I can consider myself an alum) and it's great to see a fellow wolverine succeed. Good luck with Stanford!

PS. I believe we've met before (through SSSCR). Again, good luck with everything!

Has anyone heard anything about hours to call in to talk to dean silverman yet?

Unfortunately, I don't know exactly when calling can begin, but I know the tiers are going to be formed within the next week or so.

I was wondering if there's verification if any High Waitlisters have been accepted yet. Or if not, have any of them called Dean Silverman to see if he can provide any better time estimate when we can expect some movement on that list?

I also heard from one of the admissions staff that the grouping of waitlisted people will occur sometime this week at which point Yale will send out emails to the waitlisted people as to when we can call in. She said she's not positive about this week but that's what she heard. >!

Well, I've just got that financial aid application bundle done, and ready to mail in what needs to be mailed in. Close to the wire! To anyone outstanding, heads up for the May 1 deadline!

oops... lol :laugh:

When I called to ask about the financial aid deadline for waitlisters, I was told that the same deadline applies to everyone... if you're on the waitlist, then they'll just put it with your file, and if you get in then they'll take it out and process it.

You'll have to pay a late fee but you'll still get financial aid. I'm not sure how large the fee is though...

late fee? oops!!! :scared: ummmm...I completed the Yale part of the financial aid, but not the needaccess part cause I live in London and had to wait on my parents to give me my tax info...sigh... oh well, will try to get that done asap anyways

Any word as to when they're going to group the waitlist? When the emails are sent out?

I also heard from one of the admissions staff that the grouping of waitlisted people will occur sometime this week at which point Yale will send out emails to the waitlisted people as to when we can call in. She said she's not positive about this week but that's what she heard. >!

What is this about calling in?

So the email doesn't let us know what group we're in and we have to call to find out?

When the waitlist positions are determined, Mr. Silverman will send us all an email. I talked to Veronica today, and she said that it was supposed to be sent out by the end of this week, but since it hasn't been sent out yet, it will likely be sent out by early next week. She realizes that things often take longer than they want, so she said specifically "but don't hold me to it."

Hope the info helps!!!! Take care!

When the waitlist positions are determined, Mr. Silverman will send us all an email. I talked to Veronica today, and she said that it was supposed to be sent out by the end of this week, but since it hasn't been sent out yet, it will likely be sent out by early next week. She realizes that things often take longer than they want, so she said specifically "but don't hold me to it."

Hope the info helps!!!! Take care!

PacoChavez, what number do you use to call the admissions committee?

No special number... Veronica is the secretary, I believe... 203-785-2696... hope that helps!

I find that it's therapeutic to find a new post on here when I sign online... hope this completely useless post brings happiness to anxious pre-med students throughout the nation ;)

Very cool. Great topic, and I'd like to riff on this positive feeling...

In this wait, delving into mindfulness and other body-mind literature, is very helpful and Apt. Lower stress, serenity, moments of joy, and reading up on the science that is forming around bio-psycho-socio-neuro medicine is awesome and soothing. Bernie Siegel (cancer surgeon, author of love, medicine and miracles) has a radio show that has archives which can be played.

www.healthylife.net/RadioShow/archiveBS.htm

Siobhan

I agree - LOVE scrolling through to see the new post on this thread. Even if it's useless (as this one is). It's kind of like switching to dial-up only because it takes longer to find out that there are no new developments in this process of waiting.

So I graduated with honors and everything from mol cell bio but I JUST learned this cool fact (higher education eh?)... working out does not destroy muscle cells and make new ones. It's all about hypertrophy of existing cells. Hopefully I wasn't the only believing in this myth... :oops:
And apparently you don't grow new adipose cells either. Losing and gaining weight is all about hypertrophy too. Which is why people that get liposuction have weird convolutions when they put on the pounds :) Cool huh?

Another day another dollar. Cmon.

Satellite Cell Proliferation
Satellite cells consist of just a nucleus and it is within the nucleus of the cell that protein synthesis takes place. Growth factors can cause the satellite cells to combine with the damaged cells and assist in the damaged cells ability to synthesize protein more efficiently. The satellite cells can fuse to each other and create new muscle cells in a process know as hyperplasia. Studies have proven this true. What all this means is that when cells are damaged through exercise, several processes take place to release growth factors. This results in satellite cells combining with other cells to create new muscle cells. They may also merge with existing muscle fibers to promote the repair process through the enhancement of protein synthesis.

I thought this thread was going to be about Yale. Then I read it.

It is about Yale, about our anxiously waiting for Yale... as the random posts clearly show :D

It is about Yale, about our anxiously waiting for Yale... as the random posts clearly show :D

True. I'm waiting too, but I have forgotten what I am waiting for. An acceptance phone call? Or is there something else they are going to tell us this week? I'm trying my best to pay as little attention as possible to the waitlist, but it seems that I'm left out of the loop.

May 15 :)

Hopefully we really do hear word early this week, as a post from late last week indicated. Last year, email came early next week (i.e. the week after may 15) for instructions on when to call in. Some people got email on the 15th, or around, telling them to call in, at which time they received an acceptance (info from last year's thread). All the best for all of us.

Siobhan

I called in today, and in terms of the email coming out, it was reaffirmed that they were hoping for last week, and now the hope is for sometime this week.

Siobhan

谢谢