Yeshiva Clinical PsyD vs. Nova Southeastern Clinical PsyD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

umichgrad

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted into both of these programs and have been going back and forth on this decision.

Does anybody have any comments, insight or suggestions?

Is Nova's cohort size a problem when applying for internships? Is Yeshiva's reputation based on their clinical PsyD program or their school psych program?

I also currently live in New York City, and don't want to continue living in NYC. I would consider living in a suburb, but I don't know how feasible that really is in terms of having a life.

Thanks for all of your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have been receiving PM's supporting mostly Yeshiva, citing Nova's size as a major issue for people who go there. Still any more insight would be helpful!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been receiving PM's supporting mostly Yeshiva, citing Nova's size as a major issue for people who go there. Still any more insight would be helpful!

I just finished my masters in NYC and also was sick of city life and decided to apply to Nova for their psy d. program. I am originally from FL and have always loved the school. I ended up getting in and did accept their offer. I am super excited. If you have any questions about living in that area I can offer you tons of answers because I grew up in that area. I don't know much about Yeshiva vs. Nova. I was interested in both schools originally but when I decided I couldn't live in NYC any longer I didn't even bother applying to Yeshiva.

I have been accepted into both of these programs and have been going back and forth on this decision.

Does anybody have any comments, insight or suggestions?

Is Nova's cohort size a problem when applying for internships? Is Yeshiva's reputation based on their clinical PsyD program or their school psych program?

I also currently live in New York City, and don't want to continue living in NYC. I would consider living in a suburb, but I don't know how feasible that really is in terms of having a life.

Thanks for all of your help!

Also when I spoke to students that are in the program at Nova they said the size is only a negative thing if you are the type of student that doesn't motivate themselves to go up to professors and talk to them and knock on their door to ask to be apart of research/clinical work and such. They basically said that the size of the school hasn't been a negative thing to them as current students...

They also said that their match rate is competitive to other schools of smaller sizes so it doesn't affect internship placement. This was through the mouths of students that I met with at the social event before interviews.

We shall see!