yet another 'work experience" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neuromonster

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, one of the biggest selling points in my appication (or so I think anyway) is that i had a full time job while going to school full time. Problem is, they were completely unrelated to medicine (that's not to say that I didn't learn stuff from them). SHould I list them in ERAS?

Also, where exactly do you put down you were the founder of the local chapter of x association @ your home institution?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

1. Yes, it won't matter that it's non-medicine, and is likely to become a topic in interviews.

2. As a volunteer experience, assuming you were not paid.

Where do you put paid (summer) research?

So, one of the biggest selling points in my appication (or so I think anyway) is that i had a full time job while going to school full time. Problem is, they were completely unrelated to medicine (that's not to say that I didn't learn stuff from them). SHould I list them in ERAS?

Was this work during undergrad or during medical school? I'm unsure about whether to include undergrad work - things like orientation leader or a summer job?

Was this work during undergrad or during medical school? I'm unsure about whether to include undergrad work - things like orientation leader or a summer job?

**This is assuming a traditional student entering straight from undergrad, so the experiences are <6-8 years old.

Undergrad.....too mediocre to do the same while in med school. Hahahaha

It was work during undergrad. I've been way too mediocre to be able to do the same during med school. Hahaha

to not start another experience threat: how about listing that I was part of the medical team of a large marathon, can I list this as volunteer experience?