You & Another Applicant with Same Activity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soccer90876

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
in the past, I had started a sports club and had previously written up a description for our website. a girl from my school, in the same club which isn't a very common one, is also applying this cycle. we don't talk with each other much and definitely not about applications. i have two questions:

(1) in the (possible) chance that our activity descriptions (in the activities section) are similar (or even identical in some places), how would ADCOMS view this?
(2) if there is a searchable description (which you wrote) of your activity online and your statement is very similar to this, how is it viewed? i'm trying my best to reword things (just to be safe) but am concerned that A. one or two lines can only be stated in a particular way, B. if the other applicant had also decided to reword things, in the possibility our statements ended up being extremely similar again (two negatives cancelling out).

thanks for any feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

@Goro thanks for your response! we are applying to a lot of the same schools (i think) and in the off-chance that, say, both of us do get the same reviewer or both somehow make it to a final committee meeting how would it look in the scenarios above?

Members don't see this ad :)
@Goro thanks for your response! we are applying to a lot of the same schools (i think) and in the off-chance that, say, both of us do get the same reviewer or both somehow make it to a final committee meeting how would it look in the scenarios above?
Unless the two of you write the same thing word for wrod, and the apps are back to back, it's not going to register. These things gel after a while.

Take two of these:

Reactions: 5 users
Don’t copy each other’s descriptions
use your own words
?????
Profit

Reactions: 5 users