You know you're a premed gunner when...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chemdude

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. You wear scrubs to your introductory biology class

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
2. You buy a MCAT prep book your first semester of college.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
3. You come to SDN.

Reactions: 1 user
4. Your personal statement recounts a tale of you saving the life of a sick old man in your tech job.

5. You're an asian sitting in the first row of class. We all know it's true.

i do that.. but then i just fall asleep :laugh:

Rofl. I was notorious for being that indian that sat in the first row and fell asleep all the time without taking notes

Members don't see this ad :)
[YOUTUBE]t67jwjux0Ao[/YOUTUBE]

Two points for you.

6. You hit up every science professor you have for a letter of rec for all four years of college.

-or-

5: You're an asian.

ROFL, this one's not actually as true as I thought it was before coming to college. For example, in the Asian American cultural club I'm an officer in, I'm the only executive board member who is a pre-med, or even in science for that matter. The rest of them are all business managment majors who slack off and just plan to hope for the best when they get to Wall Street :p.

9. All of your TAs hate you because you email them every 2 hours asking for extra points and partial credit on homework/exams.

(been on both the giving and receiving end of this one)

10. When the only time you want to see the letter B is if your lookin up a woman's cup size...

11. When you consider time set aside for writing a lab report to be a “break” from studying.
12. you make a thread to list all the neurotic premed things you do.

Reactions: 2 users
13. When you give up all your AP credits and retake intro calculus, physics, chem, and biology classes intended for non-hardcore science/engineering majors.

14. "Is this on the TEST!!??"

16. You help an old lady cross the street and expect a letter of recommendation from her.

Last edited:
not if you're asian.

when you use mcat books as pillows.

Or if you're MIMS, in his song Like This:

"I don't care 'bout your breast
You can be an A cup
I know what I like
And baby that's below the waist"

Hi guys.

I know we might have the intention of being funny, but sweeping generalizations of an entire race/ethnic group isn't funny to me.

So I ask respectfully, please don't bring race into this.

I found the comments about cup size and "innate gunning character" of Asian Americans to be tactless and insensitive at best, utterly stupid and racist at worst.

Hopefully a moderator looks into this.

Thanks guys,
Mipp0

Hi guys.

I know we might have the intention of being funny, but sweeping generalizations of an entire race/ethnic group isn't funny to me.

I found the comments about cup size and "innate gunning character" of Asian Americans to be tactless and insensitive at best, utterly stupid and racist at worst.

Thanks guys,
Mipp0

Yo I'm asian and even I think you're being a tool...

This thread should be called crazy obsessive premeds, but none of these examples actually represent a gunner. How about this;

Brings his/her own supply of HCl to chem lab after pouring ammonia into the class supply before class.

This thread should be called crazy obsessive premeds, but none of these examples actually represent a gunner. How about this;

Brings his/her own supply of HCl to chem lab after pouring ammonia into the class supply before class.

JFC that's med school quality gunner lol.

I disagree with the MCAT prep stuff early on. Those books would have made physics and general chem so much easier.

Hi guys.

Thanks guys,
Mipp0
:cry:+pity+ Cry us all a river,
(There were two 15's soooo..)

17. When you change something on an already graded assignment ( from 93/100 to 98/100) to go from an A- to an A+, like the grader made a mistake, but then you get caught because you didn't know the prof. photo copies all his exams before giving them back....

I believe I'm entitled to my opinions. If you want to resort to name-calling, that's your prerogative :)

I'm Asian American as well, and I don't like those comments.

I'm a Biochemistry/Biology tutor for my peers on my free time. I'm even sitting in for 2 summer classes while working full time and studying for the MCATs to help out my friends. I've been reading medical/pharmacy/dental personal statements all summer long to help get my friends into their respective graduate schools. I'm no gunner.

We can have a friendly discussion and a good time here without bringing race into this.

My two cents. You'll have to forgive me if I'm not a big fan of racial stereotypes.

-Mipp0

I believe I'm entitled to my opinions. If you want to resort to name-calling, that's your prerogative :)

I'm a Biochemistry/Biology tutor for my peers on my free time. I'm even sitting in for 2 summer classes while working full time and studying for the MCATs to help out my friends. I've been reading medical/pharmacy/dental personal statements all summer long to help get my friends into their respective graduate schools. I'm no gunner.

We can have a friendly discussion and a good time here without bringing race into this.

My two cents. You'll have to forgive me if I'm not a big fan of racial stereotypes.

-Mipp0

Oh boy. Grow some thicker skin or you're going to have some trouble in med school/residency/life.

1164067718140pu4.gif

I'm a Biochemistry/Biology tutor for my peers on my free time. I'm even sitting in for 2 summer classes while working full time and studying for the MCATs (sic.) to help out my friends. I've been reading medical/pharmacy/dental personal statements all summer long to help get my friends into their respective graduate schools. I'm no gunner.

-Mipp0

hmm...while I agree those comments posters left may have been a bit over the top and inappropriate, I also agree with some of the posters suggesting you need to develop some thicker skin. The truth is that whay you read was nothing compared with what you'll go through and hear on a daily basis working in healthcare.

On a lighter note, you just described yourself as a being a pretty extreme gunner (and then tried to tell us you're not). Maybe you need to go look up the definition of a gunner. The activities you're doing aren't exactly typical college-student leisure activities. They pretty much look like just another way to either improve your resume or strengthen your application in other ways. Kind of made me laugh, TBH. Thanks for the entertainment.

Best of luck tolerating others in the future. ;)

hmm...while I agree those comments posters left may have been a bit over the top and inappropriate, I also agree with some of the posters suggesting you need to develop some thicker skin. The truth is that whay you read was nothing compared with what you'll go through and hear on a daily basis working in healthcare.

On a lighter note, you just described yourself as a being a pretty extreme gunner (and then tried to tell us you're not). Kind of made me laugh, TBH. Thanks for the entertainment.

Best of luck tolerating others in the future. ;)

That's not gunner at all... you guys are weak. If you're going to start throwing "gunner" around, at least give some indication of malicious intent. Otherwise, it's just exuberantly proactive.

I was going to say you're a gunner when you're NOT asian and sit in front. Either way. That's what I would have said...of course now we can't bring race into it...so I won't.

-Mipp0
I smell a TROLL

-Zoom-Zoom

If you took the time to read my past posts, you would know I'm not trolling.

This is just sad. Can't we have a good time without gawking at racial stereotypes?

Perhaps not the best source, but here's an excerpt from Urban Dictionary for gunner:

"A gunner will compromise his/her peer relationships and/or reputation among peers in order to obtain recognition and praise from his/her superiors."

Last I checked, helping your friends is "ungunnerly". And if it makes you feel better, I don't help my friends just to pad my resume. It scares me how your logic works. I'm sorry you think I'm a gunner for working full time. I can barely afford tuition and will take a quarter off to work.

I'd like to think my skin is pretty thick. But I'd also like to think SDN can do better than poking fun at certain races.

I really hope a moderator takes this more seriously than you guys.

If you took the time to read my past posts, you would know I'm not trolling.

This is just sad. Can't we have a good time without gawking at racial stereotypes?

Perhaps not the best source, but here's an excerpt from Urban Dictionary for gunner:

"A gunner will compromise his/her peer relationships and/or reputation among peers in order to obtain recognition and praise from his/her superiors."

Last I checked, helping your friends is "ungunnerly". And if it makes you feel better, I don't help my friends just to pad my resume. It scares me how your logic works. I'm sorry you think I'm a gunner for working full time. I can barely afford tuition and will take a quarter off to work.

I'd like to think my skin is pretty thick. But I'd also like to think SDN can do better than poking fun at certain races.

I really hope a moderator takes this more seriously than you guys.
I'd bump you

Asians are Fierce!~