You know you're stressed about getting into med school when you start having nightmares about it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Uafl112

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I had a nightmare that someone from one of the medical schools I applied to had come to my school to talk to one of the contacts I listed down on my AMCAS application. For some reason I thought he was gonna catch me for something or fabricate a lie about me ( I didnt make anything up for the app). Worse case scenario, I thought my contact was gonna tell them I was a ****ty student.

So he walks up to me and hes like "so where are they?" and idk why, but im stuttering and saying, "uhhhh..uhhhhh" and I start panicking. The worst part was that this guy wasnt even intimidating in the slightest. This rep. from the med school was shorter than me and bald with glasses. He was chubby with a gut, and he wearing a red T-shirt that said he was a Bears fan. Nacho cheese stains on his jeans. When I started stuttering, he crossed his arms and he had the smuggest grin on his face. He didnt say anything, but I could read his mind. He was mocking and judging me with his stupid nose and saying "I bet this contact isnt even reallllllll", all stupid like. Then I woke up.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
resized_ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-it-s-your-basic-ordinary-dream-transdimensional-warp-fields-disgused-as-puddles-of-goo-0ab0c7.jpg

This made me laugh. No joke, I had a similar terrifying dream a few weeks ago in which one of my activities contacts was called and made up things about me and claimed I never took part in the organization, lol. Crazy neurotic premeds, that's us!

Members don't see this ad :)
GOROS CAT GIVES ME NIGHTMARES.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
well I just woke up stressed out and immediately applied to 5 additional schools this morning....up to 14 DO and 8 MD now...yipee..

well I just woke up stressed out and immediately applied to 5 additional schools this morning....up to 14 DO and 8 MD now...yipee..

Ive had to fight myself not to apply to anymore schools. The strongest thing holding me back is looking at my broke ass bank account

Learn how to manage your stress now. In med school it's a whole different ball game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering, are most med schools like KCUMB where you need to do the whole applying knowledge and analyzing on exams thing? Or are most schools just factual regurgitation during their tests?

I would have to say the former. Most schools want to prepare you well for the medical boards which requires applying knowledge into complex situations and making a justified conclusion based on your choice. Perhaps maybe a course in anatomy will just be factual regurg.

It's OK, I have nightmares about showing up for lecture and being not prepared, or to give an exam and not have what I need to actually do so.

So I had a nightmare that someone from one of the medical schools I applied to had come to my school to talk to one of the contacts I listed down on my AMCAS application. For some reason I thought he was gonna catch me for something or fabricate a lie about me ( I didnt make anything up for the app). Worse case scenario, I thought my contact was gonna tell them I was a ****ty student.

So he walks up to me and hes like "so where are they?" and idk why, but im stuttering and saying, "uhhhh..uhhhhh" and I start panicking. The worst part was that this guy wasnt even intimidating in the slightest. This rep. from the med school was shorter than me and bald with glasses. He was chubby with a gut, and he wearing a red T-shirt that said he was a Bears fan. Nacho cheese stains on his jeans. When I started stuttering, he crossed his arms and he had the smuggest grin on his face. He didnt say anything, but I could read his mind. He was mocking and judging me with his stupid nose and saying "I bet this contact isnt even reallllllll", all stupid like. Then I woke up.

Reactions: 1 users
It's OK, I have nightmares about showing up for lecture and being not prepared, or to give an exam and not have what I need to actually do so.
That's funny, I have nightmares that I showed up to exams not being prepared. Maybe one day we'll be in the same dream together.

lol if that's the case, wait* until you get into med school. The mentality goes from "will I get in?" to "will I fail out?" and the nightmares come exponentially.

EDiT: *autocorrect wrote "went."

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I was wondering, are most med schools like KCUMB where you need to do the whole applying knowledge and analyzing on exams thing? Or are most schools just factual regurgitation during their tests?

I have heard the questions have changed a bit to be more like board questions at KCUMB.

The new dean wants board scores to be even higher. His aim is something like 550-560.

lol if that's the case, went until you get into med school. The mentality goes from "will I get in?" to "will I fail out?" and the nightmares come exponentially.

Lol, first day of school I wanted an A.

Now I just want to make sure I pass. I'm happy if I get scores around the average.

Do most schools test you based on board style? Or is this just a KCUMB thing? I remember at orientation Dr. Dubin saying that we are "going to be better than" the students at all the other schools because of this change.

We can talk about this through PM if you want.

Even the tutor for immuno said those quiz questions were brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, once you're in med school, they aren't even nightmares anymore, they're reality.

Honestly, waking up from a nightmare like the ones mentioned above is a blessing, not a curse. What is even worse is dreaming you were accepted only to wake up and realize you are still II-less.

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly, waking up from a nightmare like the ones mentioned above is a blessing, not a curse. What is even worse is dreaming you were accepted only to wake up and realize you are still II-less.
But your profile says you've been accepted lol. Congrats and welcome to the dark side!

neYEHv2.jpg

But your profile says you've been accepted lol. Congrats and welcome to the dark side!
Finally and thank you! But I am a reapplicant. Let's just say my experience last app season was an 'in loco' class on how not to apply to med school. To top it off, twice my brain teased me with being a med student in Oklahoma (?). So glad it's no longer a dream!