You Serious Clark?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTinthemaking15

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school continues to make me angry on a semester-by-semester basis, but I think I have met my level of "Are you serious?" moments that I can take. For starters, I average 7-8 trips to the admission office and financial aid office every semester, because they have issues with my account (I went from Graduate school to Undergrad). Anyways, I signed up for a genetics class and it allowed me to enroll in the course. So I thought everything was a-okay, wrong. Two days into class and the Professor announces that some of the students fail to meet the pre-requisites for the course. He explained that every student needs to take Biology and Zoology.

So... What am I upset about? The deadline for dropping/swapping classes has passed.If I don't take classes this semester, those pesky loan companies will be nipping at my pockets (I didn't take any summer classes). Has anyone been through something like this? If so, what can I do? Will the loan companies understand? Or should I push the admission's office until they allow me to enroll into another class? Honestly, I don't want to enroll into a biology or chemistry class, because I will be two weeks behind on material. *rant over*

Edit: They are raising tuition by 15% as well... :eyebrow:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Idk how it is in your school, but my school does not automatically detect pre-requisites. It's the responsibility of the student at my institution to check for it, and I suspect it may be the same at your school. Why would you take genetics before gen bio anyway, OP?

Idk how it is in your school, but my school does not automatically detect pre-requisites. It's the responsibility of the student at my institution to check for it, and I suspect it may be the same at your school. Why would you take genetics before gen bio anyway, OP?
Oh... I've already taken Gen Bio I, II. I was curious to why they are requiring Zoology as a pre-req. Also, my advisor, well... advised me to take Genetics, but I guess it was my fault for not checking lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just use that 99 mage to high alch some money back.

In all seriousness, I don't think this is a question people on here can answer since policy varies school to school. I guess talk to your registrar?

Just use that 99 mage to high alch some money back.

In all seriousness, I don't think this is a question people on here can answer since policy varies school to school. I guess talk to your registrar?
I've had the worst day dealing with the registrar, but this comment just made my day 100% better :laugh: I can always use 99 thieving to take back what they owe me lol.

Yes, I had a long talk with them today. Everything seems to be in place now.