Your final 2006 Rank List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
corpsmanUP said:
I have to admit, I am literally floored to see my top 2 at the top of so few of you guys' lists! Wow, Indy, down so low on most everyone's list or in the middle. And Mayo! Only on a couple of lists.

I guess all this bides well for the CorpsmanUP hopefully!! :D

Good luck to everyone and may we resume normal eating habits!

I didn't apply to Indy (despite the program's reputation) because I've been to Indianapolis -- many times -- though not exactly by choice.... And Minnesota? Ohio is too cold for me already; Minnesota is out of the question.

But you should be glad. If fewer people are ranking these programs in their top 3, it increases your chances of matching there. I've been surprised to see how many people on SDN are ranking my top choice, OSU, so highly. I guess it'll turn out to be a good thing if I match there -- I'll end up with an excellent group of residents.

Anyway, good luck to everyone! Hopefully, we'll all match in the programs that are best for us.

Members don't see this ad.

EctopicFetus said:
This is straight from Days of Thunder. There are few things we CAN control. Thats why I play playstation!

Is it? Well I said it long before Tom C. I got it from faculty at the Hop, which means probably it came out of William O.s mouth. But it sure doesn't sound like him. :)

Anyway, great lists. Good luck to everybody.

BKN said:
Is it? Well I said it long before Tom C. I got it from faculty at the Hop, which means probably it came out of William O.s mouth. But it sure doesn't sound like him. :)

Anyway, great lists. Good luck to everybody.
BKN,

It was actually from the crew chief when Tom C was talking about controlling the car and he said it is just an illusion. Anyways.. I am sure it is quite a bit older than Days of Thunder, I just thought that was where you were getting it from.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, so I waffled back and forth up until half an hour until the deadline for putting in my rank list- I still couldn't even tell you between my top three which would be my fav.

1. Utah- ++great location, great attendings from lots of great programs, felt like I would fit in well. The program rotates through a few different hospitals which I really liked, including doing Peds ER in a Children's hospital. They also fly in patients from far away as SLC has the only trauma center for a huge area. They are a new program which to me is a positive, as you can help shape the program. Academically strong. They're talking about starting a Wilderness medicine fellowship, which would be wicked! Because I really want to end up practicing in the west, I figured doing a residency out there would probably get me there the easiest. 7,8,9 hr shifts
--No county hospital, but all the indigent patients have to go somewhere so they go to the university hospital, which as a resident you would spend lots of time at. Less diversity than any of my other top picks. (Only 15% Latino, and only 2% African American) Your not going to see the same pathology as you would in Chicago or NYC. 8 hr shifts

2. Cook County- ++ County program, patients are sicker, more appreciative, and fits into what my parameter for helping the underserved. Attendings are great, so are the residents. Lots of chances to practice Spanish. Great reputation. Great path- I can't tell you the amount of weird stuff I saw here when I rotated through as a student. Graduates are practicing all over the US, especially in places that are considered hard markets to get into. They have an awesome fellowship in International Medicine- where you actually help start up ER programs in foreign countries. I think they might have done something in Afghanistan in the past.
-- Cook is only hospital you rotate at. I think they go to St. Anthony's for OB, but that's it.

3. Lincoln- ++ County program, patients are sicker, more appreciative, and fits into what my parameter for helping the underserved. Out of all the programs I interviewed at, I felt most at home with these attendings and residents. This program is in the Bronx- gun and knife central, so you will get all the trauma you want. Lots of chances to practice Spanish! I'm sure that you would see tons of weird medicine cases here too. For research they have set up stuff to do with high altitude medicine- all over the world. The PD has helped graduates get jobs all over the country. 12 hr shifts
-- 20 12 hr shifts per month (not 4 weeks)- you will work really hard here- not that I mind, but considering that you won't have a break for all 12 hrs; I was a little concerned about this and reading up on patients after a shift! They have a couple of rotations at a hospital in Yonkers and Toxicology in the NYC Tox center. Other people on SND have said this is the least academic of all the NYC programs. (Although I think too academic is a negative) To be honest- I am not a big city girl, and NYC is the ultimate of big cities. But I'm willing to give it a chance!!

4. New Orleans- ++Great city. Great program with a great reputation. I really liked the faculty and residents. They've kept the curriculum the same since the hurricane, and Charity hospital ER still stands in the convention center- in military tents. This program is one of a kind, considering you will never get this experience elsewhere. They don't have labs in the convention center, but they do have a CT scanner, and xrays. The residents said they were having to base diagnosis on mostly history and physical. I think thats great! You'll also get a more normal ED experience at other hospitals in the city.
-- Who knows what will happen to the city as a whole? On NPR I've been hearing that the dynamic of the population has completely changed- from a population of 75% African-American to 95% white! Furthermore the crime rate has dropped enormously- meaning no trauma. I thought this might really change the ER experience. Then again, there are still talks of Charity re-opening. Also, they are sending residents to Baton Rouge, and Houma for rotations- which would be really good experiences, but you'd be spending a lot of time in the car.

I'm getting tired now and I have a paper to work on so my comments are going to get shorter.

5. New York Hospital- Queens ++Very diverse population, in the most diverse zip code in the US (maybe even world!). PD was great, seemed very open to new ideas and making it into a great program. They are going to do trauma in Las Vegas- which I thought was a great idea. 12 hr shifts
--Only 1 major hospital

6. Eastern Virginia- ++I really liked the area. The program is very well put together. Rotate at quite a few different hospitals, so nice variety of experience.
--Not much diversity. This is also a fairly conservative part of the country, and next to a military base. I don't think they will like my views on hybrid cars vs. SUV's, or my anti-war attitude!

7. Mt. Sinai (NYC)- ++Great experience in two different hospitals Mt. Sinai and Elmhurst. Teaching seemed excellent! Pretty research oriented. Great international experiences. Mt. Sinai is located practically on Central Park. Recently changed to a 1-4 program, I actually would have preferred a 2-4 program, as that would allowm me to go home to Colorado for a year.
--A little too academic for me. Also housing in the area is extremely expensive, and residents don't get a great salary compared to other ER programs in the area.

8. Maimonides- ++Super busy ER. I was really impressed by it! I liked the residents a lot.
--I was worried about not being able to get back to the west after doing a residency here.

9. Baton Rouge- ++Really nice residents. Got along really well with them. I like the hands on experience there. County hospital + community hospital, good mix of experience.
--They kept asking me in the interview why I wanted to come there- as if I didn't belong. It is really conservative down there; but I am willing to but it aside especially since it's a college town.

I would be really happy with any of the programs, but super-stoked if I ended up in one of my top 4!

La Fiera said:
Ok, so I waffled back and forth up until half an hour until the deadline for putting in my rank list- I still couldn't even tell you between my top three which would be my fav.

1. Utah- ++great location, great attendings from lots of great programs, felt like I would fit in well. The program rotates through a few different hospitals which I really liked, including doing Peds ER in a Children's hospital. They also fly in patients from far away as SLC has the only trauma center for a huge area. They are a new program which to me is a positive, as you can help shape the program. Academically strong. They're talking about starting a Wilderness medicine fellowship, which would be wicked! Because I really want to end up practicing in the west, I figured doing a residency out there would probably get me there the easiest. 7,8,9 hr shifts
--No county hospital, but all the indigent patients have to go somewhere so they go to the university hospital, which as a resident you would spend lots of time at. Less diversity than any of my other top picks. (Only 15% Latino, and only 2% African American) Your not going to see the same pathology as you would in Chicago or NYC. 8 hr shifts

2. Cook County- ++ County program, patients are sicker, more appreciative, and fits into what my parameter for helping the underserved. Attendings are great, so are the residents. Lots of chances to practice Spanish. Great reputation. Great path- I can't tell you the amount of weird stuff I saw here when I rotated through as a student. Graduates are practicing all over the US, especially in places that are considered hard markets to get into. They have an awesome fellowship in International Medicine- where you actually help start up ER programs in foreign countries. I think they might have done something in Afghanistan in the past.
-- Cook is only hospital you rotate at. I think they go to St. Anthony's for OB, but that's it.

3. Lincoln- ++ County program, patients are sicker, more appreciative, and fits into what my parameter for helping the underserved. Out of all the programs I interviewed at, I felt most at home with these attendings and residents. This program is in the Bronx- gun and knife central, so you will get all the trauma you want. Lots of chances to practice Spanish! I'm sure that you would see tons of weird medicine cases here too. For research they have set up stuff to do with high altitude medicine- all over the world. The PD has helped graduates get jobs all over the country. 12 hr shifts
-- 20 12 hr shifts per month (not 4 weeks)- you will work really hard here- not that I mind, but considering that you won't have a break for all 12 hrs; I was a little concerned about this and reading up on patients after a shift! They have a couple of rotations at a hospital in Yonkers and Toxicology in the NYC Tox center. Other people on SND have said this is the least academic of all the NYC programs. (Although I think too academic is a negative) To be honest- I am not a big city girl, and NYC is the ultimate of big cities. But I'm willing to give it a chance!!

4. New Orleans- ++Great city. Great program with a great reputation. I really liked the faculty and residents. They've kept the curriculum the same since the hurricane, and Charity hospital ER still stands in the convention center- in military tents. This program is one of a kind, considering you will never get this experience elsewhere. They don't have labs in the convention center, but they do have a CT scanner, and xrays. The residents said they were having to base diagnosis on mostly history and physical. I think thats great! You'll also get a more normal ED experience at other hospitals in the city.
-- Who knows what will happen to the city as a whole? On NPR I've been hearing that the dynamic of the population has completely changed- from a population of 75% African-American to 95% white! Furthermore the crime rate has dropped enormously- meaning no trauma. I thought this might really change the ER experience. Then again, there are still talks of Charity re-opening. Also, they are sending residents to Baton Rouge, and Houma for rotations- which would be really good experiences, but you'd be spending a lot of time in the car.

I'm getting tired now and I have a paper to work on so my comments are going to get shorter.

5. New York Hospital- Queens ++Very diverse population, in the most diverse zip code in the US (maybe even world!). PD was great, seemed very open to new ideas and making it into a great program. They are going to do trauma in Las Vegas- which I thought was a great idea. 12 hr shifts
--Only 1 major hospital

6. Eastern Virginia- ++I really liked the area. The program is very well put together. Rotate at quite a few different hospitals, so nice variety of experience.
--Not much diversity. This is also a fairly conservative part of the country, and next to a military base. I don't think they will like my views on hybrid cars vs. SUV's, or my anti-war attitude!

7. Mt. Sinai (NYC)- ++Great experience in two different hospitals Mt. Sinai and Elmhurst. Teaching seemed excellent! Pretty research oriented. Great international experiences. Mt. Sinai is located practically on Central Park. Recently changed to a 1-4 program, I actually would have preferred a 2-4 program, as that would allowm me to go home to Colorado for a year.
--A little too academic for me. Also housing in the area is extremely expensive, and residents don't get a great salary compared to other ER programs in the area.

8. Maimonides- ++Super busy ER. I was really impressed by it! I liked the residents a lot.
--I was worried about not being able to get back to the west after doing a residency here.

9. Baton Rouge- ++Really nice residents. Got along really well with them. I like the hands on experience there. County hospital + community hospital, good mix of experience.
--They kept asking me in the interview why I wanted to come there- as if I didn't belong. It is really conservative down there; but I am willing to but it aside especially since it's a college town.

I would be really happy with any of the programs, but super-stoked if I ended up in one of my top 4!

wow another nice post, maybe i should elaborate on my picks some haah. But I'm sure this thread will be fun to read if you're applying in the future.

Fiera you know you are one of my peeps.. Glad things look like they worked out.. A quick correction on Cook though..

They rotate at the UofC for Peds and also at Childrens for Peds.. Just to be clear for people who might be reading this for next yr.. Though Res and a bunch of other places come there for Trauma..

I feel like I should do the same.. but its not as effective for post padding..

corpsmanUP said:
Wow, Indy, down so low on most everyone's list or in the middle. And Mayo! Only on a couple of lists.

I think that this has to do with the fact that, for many people (myself included), the program itself is only a fraction of the decision.

For me, the location (city itself, immediate area surrounding hospital, availability of nightlife, ability to buy a greasy burrito and a blue martini in the same place at 3am, etc) was the "must have" for a high ranking. The next biggest thing was the people in the program. The final factor I considered was the program itself. Once I decided which locations were acceptable and which residents were fun and laid back enough to want to spend the next 3-4 years with, then I proceeded to rank based on programs. For me, Indy was a great program, but the city and surrounding areas just didn't deliver.

That said, Cook County ended up at #10 for me, but only because I've done 10 months worth of rotations there and am burned out on the place at this point. And Christ, which I still maintain is in the middle of nowhere by Chicago standards, was #2 - but this is because it's pretty reasonable to live in the heart of Chicago and make the commute. For me, UIC just struck an amazing balance, perfectly bringing together location, people, and program.

rxfudd where do you go to school? Rush?

Did you do a 4TH YR EM rotation at county?

EctopicFetus said:
rxfudd where do you go to school? Rush?

Did you do a 4TH YR EM rotation at county?

Yeah, I'm at Rush - I did my EM rotation at county in June. On top of that, though, I did 2 months of peds, 2 months of OB-Gyn, 2 months of surgery, 1 month of medicine, 1 month of MICU, and 1 month of child protective services - all at cook. I kind of feel like I almost did an intern year there. I'm all county'd out, I just decided it was time to check something else out for a while.

right i was wondering if i met you.. but i didnt there was a cool girl from rush who was there with me in Sept..I did Medicine @ county, neuro and a few other rotations as well.

rxfudd said:
That said, Cook County ended up at #10 for me, but only because I've done 10 months worth of rotations there and am burned out on the place at this point.

I hope you don't match there, then - if 10 months burned you out, 30+ months will kill you. Hope you don't do the real intern year there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Apollyon said:
I hope you don't match there, then - if 10 months burned you out, 30+ months will kill you. Hope you don't do the real intern year there!

My EM advisor at my school actually recommended that I take it off my ROL, but after considering this very carefully I decided that I'd rather end up at county than nowhere (or scramble into a program that I didn't even want to consider in the first place). Cook is still better than a scramble scenario for me.

No doubt it's a fantastic program. The attendings are great, I know the system very well, and I feel very comfortable with the population and the limitations of a county hospital. I could handle it, it just would be less than ideal for what I'm looking for in a program.

And there is no way I'd even consider applying for an internship there (in fact, I only ranked Evanston Northwestern and Rush prelims on my secondary list).

My criteria were geography (close to Peoria), cost of living (a family of 5 can't live on a resident's salary in a city like Chicago), and flight and EMS experience. So without further ado:

1. Peoria - This is a great program. I know most people can't imagine living in Peoria, but I grew up there. I've lived in Nashville, Honolulu, Guadalajara, New Orleans, and a few other places too, but Peoria is still home. And all the free babysitting provided by the grandparents is a nice perk. Of course, my wife has to come to grips with living in the same town as the in-laws for the first time in our marriage.

2. Kalamazoo - Incredibly family friendly program

3. St. Vincent Toledo - Amazing flight program

4. Mayo - what can I say, it's Mayo. And Dr. Sadosty is very cool

And the rest. I would be happy at any of these places too, but they aren't as perfect a fit as the first four.

5. Ohio State
6. Louisville
7. Resurrection
8. Washington U. St. Louis

rxfudd, i might have met you at some point - i'm doing my intern year at county (not from the area, didn't as you might say "know better" but i think it's beneficial in the end)....

la fiera, not sure where you got your info (and not that anything would change now), but to clarify and add on to what ectopic said, there's a decent amount of time spent away from cook county. i'm a little fuzzy on the community hospital details but here's the rough breakdown:
- 2 weeks anesthesia at provident as EM1
- 2 weeks L&D at st anthony as EM1
- 4 weeks peds EM at U of C as EM2
- 4 or 6 weeks at our lady of mercy as EM2
- 4 or 6 weeks at west suburban as EM3
- 4 weeks PICU and 4 weeks peds EM at children's as EM3

that said, you don't have to leave for trauma which is nice since it's a rough month and it's at the home hospital. you can also moonlight at west sub during your EM3 year.

and yes, you will be darn good at spanish by the time you leave if you have any background to build on... i'm quite functional now in my 8th month after only having done an immersion course for 5 weeks during 4th year... should be fluent at the end of 4 years!!! hell i'll probably know ghetto polish too.

la gringa said:
hell i'll probably know ghetto polish too.

thats awesome, i wanna learn "pobonics" too. u gotta teach me when i get there. i cant wait.

Radiohead said:
Here's Mine:

1.Carolinas
2.Vanderbilt
3.Wake Forest
4.Indiana
5.Denver
6.University of North Carolina
7.University of Virginia
8.Johns Hopkins

Dude, I don't think it matters if everyone ranks Carolinas first, you are going to be there with those stats of yours unless you have some seriously bad character flaw! If we were comparing Johnson's, you'd be the "Boogie Night's" lead and the rest of us would be mere "extras"!

"Resurrection- The biggest con for me was that they rotate through something like 7 hospitals. I like balanced training, but 7 seemed like way too much. You'll be driving a lot through Chicago traffic to get to and from these sites. Training seemed solid, but the residents I spoke to seemed to be more excited about living in Chicago than they were about the program."

To tell the truth, much like Corpsmanup other things factored into me picking Resurrection #1, besides reputation.

First of all I rotated there, loved the faculty, loved how they practice and know I will be a great EM doc if I train there. The Res Residents have a low key approach because they know they are good, (just sit back and watch them in conference - WOW!) and have nothing to prove further. I also like the fact that I will be able to rotate in many of the world class hospitals of Chicago, but don't have to stay at places I didn't care for like County or Northwestern for more than a month.

Secondly, my wife's family lives in Chicago and she said she would break my arm if I didn't match there (115 lbs of fury I tell ya!) Anyone know any good orthopedic surgeons in Baton Rouge? Just Kidding, I love you sweety ;)

Based solely on interview and impressions/research from this interview season, and had I no fear of my wife or had not rotated at Resurrection, I probably would have picked Wash U first, that being said I am glad I rotated at Res, because I know I could spend 3yrs to Infinity there happy as a clam.

Thirdly, I just figured out who Panda Bear is, and I will say that it was nice meeting you at Baton Rouge and I hope your family (including the dogs) are doing fine.

So the point is do not beat down the Res, because I know where you live! :laugh:

Best Wishes

The Mish

Okay, I posted pretty early in the process, and didn't really have a lot of time to share much as far as the list goes.

1 Wash U - St Louis - I think this program is definately an up-and-coming program. They have an incredible mix of insured and uninsured patients. Kind of like have a county and private hospital setting all in one hospital. I loved their Peds exposure, and the Peds hospital. And I loved the fact that they are already placing their residents in some pretty competitive academic jobs. Only down side was that St Louis is cold. And that its a four year program.

2 Palmetto Health Richland - SC - A lot to like about this program. They train you well, practically give out experience by naming you "Assistant Director of (insert interest here) ..." and then give you the responsibility to go with the title. Hawaii month in third year. And the happiest residents I personally saw on the trail.

3 Pitt County - ECU - Could've easily been number one. I truly think this is one of the diamond in the rough programs that people just don't know about. It has ALOT going for it. Brand new ED, huge catchement area, lots of path, and the EM residents are probably the most respected in the hospital.

4 Georgetown/Washington Hospital Center - Another that I loved. Great program with a huge emphasis on Peds and CC. Just was scared away by the DC cost of living on a residents salary. I wouldn't be surprised if I tried to end up back here after residency.

5 Texas A&M - Scott & White - Nothing but good things to say about this program. The best Simulation program out there. Just didn't work out as far as the wife was concerned.

6 UF - Gainesville - Nice place. Excellent leadership. Just didn't have that "feel" on interview day.

7 Emory - So I'll be honest. I absolutely loved this place. Really do look for very unique applicants who are "save the world" types. By far my best "fit". But my wife really dislikes (okay, hates) Atlanta. If I were single, I would've probably ranked it #1. But I'm not (and that's okay too :p )

8 Louisville - Great autonomy. Great residents. But I was a little worried about there didactics. Still would be happy to land even here.

Won't go too much into 9-13. Because it will all say the same thing -- Just didn't feel like it clicked for me, but still would be more than happy to train there. Nothing bad to really say about any of the programs I interviewed at. Like people say - You can really go anywhere and get great training.

9 Maryland Peds/EM
10 Resurrection
11 Maryland
12 Iowa
13 Virginia

CS_22 said:
5 Texas A&M - Scott & White - Nothing but good things to say about this program. The best Simulation program out there.

It definitely is an incredible simulation lab....2nd best I saw at least. The hands down best one I saw though was at Mayo....Holy Crap, equiped with actors and all. Not much above the Scott and White sim lab except that the sim lab at Mayo is literally on premesis whereas the sim lab at S&W was back off the main drag at the community college. But for central Texas, this place rocks!

1. Case/Metrohealth
2. U. Michigan
3. Tampa
4. Duke
5. Wash U.
6. Ohio State
7. Rochester
8. Baystate
9. Albany
10. Mayo
11. UMKC

Goodluck on the 16th!!!

1) Hennepin County
2) Cook County
3) Christ
4) UIC
5) Regions
6) Resurrection
7) Michigan
8) Kalamazoo
9) Grand Rapids

Yes, I enjoy the Midwest. The couples match helped keep me here as well. Thanks for the great forum, best of luck to all, and remember: everything happens for a reason.

So CS_22 did I influence your ROL at all?

Oops!! I apologize for the mistake about Cook not having enough away rotations! Why this did not register in my head is a mystery to me! I think 'cause it was my last interview, and I assumed that I knew most of what there was to know about the program. Sorry!
Either way I would be excited to land a spot in Cook's next class.

corpsmanUP said:
Dude, I don't think it matters if everyone ranks Carolinas first, you are going to be there with those stats of yours unless you have some seriously bad character flaw! If we were comparing Johnson's, you'd be the "Boogie Night's" lead and the rest of us would be mere "extras"!

But if we ever go metric, then we will all be giants.

EctopicFetus said:
So CS_22 did I influence your ROL at all?

A little EF. I'll PM you more. But yes, EF, you definately reinforced a lot of what I was thinking, and actually helped reassure one of my doubts.

CS

no prob la fiera... just wanted to clarify!!!

willlynilly, i'm so ready for intern year to be over with!!! my polish so far consists of 3 words/phrases, i gotta expand on that. btw, i'm thinking of trying to organize a little get-together for those of us EM-0's who are in the area, you game?

1. Christiana EM/IM
2. Albany Med
3. Jacobi
4. Akron
5. Syracuse
6. UT Houston
7. Maryland
8. Einstein Philly
9. Stony Brook
10.Rochester
11.Buffalo

1) Texas A&M Scott and White
2) Palmetto in South Carolina
3) UTSW in Dallas
4) UMKC
5) Medical College of Georgia

Did not rank Emory

1. Cincy
2. Northwestern
3. Vandy
4. U. Chicago
5. Christiana
6. GW
7. UTSW
8. MD
9. Georgetown

This thread definitely has the other forums beat, once again showing our dominance. I think so far at least 40 people have showed their ranks, all we need is the 1500 or so more applying to EM to post, then we can figure out this rank thing ourselves!

Now we need the PD's to chime in with their lists, ;) .

Radiohead said:

oh yeah, that might be a little tougher to collect. bkn has access to all lists?

Man, I thought I would have seen more Cincy and Indiana in the rank lists. Speaking of them, where's the Denver people? Weird.

Anyway, is it bad that I never read Harrison's while in medical school... should I try to finish it now? ;)

drdrtoledo said:
Man, I thought I would have seen more Cincy and Indiana in the rank lists. Speaking of them, where's the Denver people? Weird.

Anyway, is it bad that I never read Harrison's while in medical school... should I try to finish it now? ;)

You WILL be significantly behind everyone of your peers if you do not read Harrison's (tinsley harrison was part of UAB, as well as a few other schools) as well as Tintinalli's. Hmm, better yet, throw in Rosens and you should be game to start. Try to frequent Up-to-date throughout this last year electives and might actually put you ahead of the game.

Radiohead said:

Oh yeah, that'll happen.

oh yeah, that might be a little tougher to collect. bkn has access to all lists?

No, only my own.

BKN has been a padding machine.. but too many have been on the Gen residency Forum... Hmm.. We will have to fix that problem!

EM Junkie said:
Wow, BKN has over 500 posts now?? IMPRESSIVE!! :clap:

I want to thank all of the little people who helped make my performance . . .nevermind.

Seriously you're good. i hadn't noticed. Went and looked, this one will make 501!

EctopicFetus said:
BKN has been a padding machine.. but too many have been on the Gen residency Forum... Hmm.. We will have to fix that problem!

I promise I will do 2 for every one on general-until we pass them.

My list:

1) UPitt
2) U of Chicago
3) Hennepin
4) Indy
5) Cincy
6) Northwestern
7) Vandy
8) Georgetown

And lets hope it ends there :D

Good luck to all of you!

BKN said:
I promise I will do 2 for every one on general-until we pass them.

Thats the kind of leadership we expect from a PD. Thanks! :)

Sorry, I'm new to this, but looking at everyone else's ROL, it seems like most ppl in the forum is from the midwest or east coast. I've seen very few typical Californian rank list. Thats probably why ppl love California so much, there are much better things to do than post stuff on SDN..(hahahah...just want to stir the pot. Its definitely more interesting!)

yep.. whatever.. u do know it is freezing cold and since it is we stay inside.. more "cuddle" time..:D

EctopicFetus said:
yep.. whatever.. u do know it is freezing cold and since it is we stay inside.. more "cuddle" time..:D

And don't forget to mention that in Cali, they are still trying to figure out how to plug in their mouse to the PC. And it takes a lot of time to get those spray on tans done, and to drive 4 miles takes 6 days. I'll keep my midwest headed self right there until about half of the population of Cali gets knocked off from Valley Fever!

corpsmanUP said:
And don't forget to mention that in Cali, they are still trying to figure out how to plug in their mouse to the PC. And it takes a lot of time to get those spray on tans done, and to drive 4 miles takes 6 days. I'll keep my midwest headed self right there until about half of the population of Cali gets knocked off from Valley Fever!

Oh men!!!! Just got back from runnin errands...It was a bit chilly in Sunny Southern cali...I had to wear a light sweater...It was only 71 degrees this morning, if it gets any cooler, I might need to bust out my Parka that I purchased for my midwest interviews....Plus I'm a little toasted from yesteday, I drove 2 miles and all that sun just ate me up alive!...hahahaha

ipw21 said:
My criteria were geography (close to Peoria), cost of living (a family of 5 can't live on a resident's salary in a city like Chicago), and flight and EMS experience. So without further ado:

1. Peoria - This is a great program. I know most people can't imagine living in Peoria, but I grew up there. I've lived in Nashville, Honolulu, Guadalajara, New Orleans, and a few other places too, but Peoria is still home. And all the free babysitting provided by the grandparents is a nice perk. Of course, my wife has to come to grips with living in the same town as the in-laws for the first time in our marriage.

2. Kalamazoo - Incredibly family friendly program

3. St. Vincent Toledo - Amazing flight program

4. Mayo - what can I say, it's Mayo. And Dr. Sadosty is very cool

And the rest. I would be happy at any of these places too, but they aren't as perfect a fit as the first four.

5. Ohio State
6. Louisville
7. Resurrection
8. Washington U. St. Louis

Hey there! I recognize you from your description of your situation. We interviewed together at Ohio State. I'm the one from North Carolina with two kids. You were in school in New Orleans, right? Glad to see your post. Good luck in the match!

ellentj said:
Hey there! I recognize you from your description of your situation. We interviewed together at Ohio State. I'm the one from North Carolina with two kids. You were in school in New Orleans, right? Glad to see your post. Good luck in the match!

Goodbye anonymity! :) Not that I was exactly trying very hard to protect it. I hope you and the family are doing well. Are you going to post your ROL? I'd be curious to see one of someone I met in person.

USMan22 said:
Oh men!!!! Just got back from runnin errands...It was a bit chilly in Sunny Southern cali...I had to wear a light sweater...It was only 71 degrees this morning, if it gets any cooler, I might need to bust out my Parka that I purchased for my midwest interviews....Plus I'm a little toasted from yesteday, I drove 2 miles and all that sun just ate me up alive!...hahahaha

See my ROL.. top 4 take me to warmth!